PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 52

Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Blog Entries

Default Re: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Seems like the opposite to me. They could very easily end this discussion once and for all by coming out and saying that this Myuutwo and the one from the first movie are one and the same, but they're not. They're being deliberately coy to get us to speculate, and so far it's been working.
    Maybe they think it should be obvious. I can't imagine that the first manga chapter doesn't address whether or not Ash and Mewtwo know each other. We'll know soon enough.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

It could be possible that y'know, Dr. Fuji was the head of the research project and wasn't involved with the day-to-day monitoring of Mewtwo?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    It could be possible that y'know, Dr. Fuji was the head of the research project and wasn't involved with the day-to-day monitoring of Mewtwo?
    Maybe, but I don't see why the flashback would focus on minor characters. As Dogasu said, that part of the script may not have been completed when Ms. Momota started writing the manga adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Blog Entries

This page certainly screams that the original Mewtwo is coming back. They're going to air the remastered version of Movie 1 on various stations (including TV Tokyo) throughout May and June. The thing that confuses me is that the page says that the side stories included in DVD won't be aired. That part is understandable, but the page mentions not only the Birth of Mewtwo, but also something called Satoshi's Journey. What is that supposed to be? I'd know the answer to that if I had the DVD, but the only mention of the feature that I can find on the Internet is here. It's an introduction to the world of Pokémon, but how long is it?
    Last edited by Silktree; 15th April 2013 at 02:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    This page certainly screams that the original Mewtwo is coming back. They're going to air the remastered version of Movie 1 on various stations (including TV Tokyo) throughout May and June. The thing that confuses me is that the page says that the side stories included in DVD won't be aired. That part is understandable, but the page mentions not only the Birth of Mewtwo, but also something called Satoshi's Journey. What is that supposed to be? I'd know the answer to that if I had the DVD, but the only mention of the feature that I can find on the Internet is here. It's an introduction to the world of Pokémon, but how long is it?
    It's as long as the introduction to the world of Pokemon in the Latias/Latios movie, if not nearly the exact same thing, iirc. You know, that "Pokemon, short for Pocket Monsters, blah blah blah, story about Satoshi and his Pokemon journey" thing.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 15th April 2013 at 03:24 AM.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    It's as long as the introduction to the world of Pokemon in the Latias/Latios movie, if not nearly the exact same thing, iirc.
    I suspected that. That feature is so short that I don't see why they would give it a special name or bother to mention it with the Birth of Mewtwo.

why is everyone talking about Mr. Fuji. if the 1st movie is cannon to 16th then fuji wont appear because mewtwo was created by team rocket in the anime

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    why is everyone talking about Mr. Fuji. if the 1st movie is cannon to 16th then fuji wont appear because mewtwo was created by team rocket in the anime
    The anime treated Dr. Fuji as a separate character from Mr. Fuji. He created Mewtwo for Team Rocket so that Giovanni would fund his research, which he hoped would allow him to clone his deceased daughter. This was explained in The Birth of Mewtwo radio drama and The Uncut Story Of Mewtwo's Origin short that was based on it.

Even Movie 1 showed Dr. Fuji. He explained to Mewtwo where it came from, which ended up costing all the researchers' lives since Mewtwo lashed out at them. I hope that Mewtwo has a flashback to that part of its past.
    Last edited by Silktree; 15th April 2013 at 07:25 AM.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    The thing that confuses me is that the page says that the side stories included in DVD won't be aired.
    No, it says that they will be aired.

「ミュウツーの逆襲」 にサイドストーリー 「サトシの旅立ち」 「ミュウツーの誕生」を加えた 『「ミュウツーの逆襲」 完全版』 として放送します。

That feature is so short that I don't see why they would give it a special name or bother to mention it with the Birth of Mewtwo.
    Because neither one of those were a part of the original version of the movie. They were added later for the kanzenban release.

Anyway, I've read the first chapter of the manga adaptation, and there isn't a single reference to the first movie anywhere. After destroying the lab filled with generic scientists, Myuutwo flies off to some cave and is taken in by a bunch of the wild pokemon there. No mention of Sakaki, no mention of Fuji-Hakase, Myuutwo doesn't make any indication that he knows who Satoshi is and vice versa, etc.

Myuutwo does use watashi, which is the same personal pronoun he used in the first movie, so there's that.

Also, the Rocket trio are goofy again.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

the movie will be based off the manga then?

people might get upset if there is to sakaki ;p

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

No, the manga is based off the movie. It's an adaptation of the movie of the same name.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

dogasu-chan, so it is different in a way?
    yeah i see. the myuutwo movie might be different than that manga. or else you'd have really angry fans wondering where certain characters are.
    it makes me interested to see it now, particularity how it's animated as i told someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    It's as long as the introduction to the world of Pokemon in the Latias/Latios movie, if not nearly the exact same thing, iirc. You know, that "Pokemon, short for Pocket Monsters, blah blah blah, story about Satoshi and his Pokemon journey" thing.
    It's the exact same thing. It was made for the Full Version of movie 1 (the one that was released on home formats in 1999 and included the CG edits and Mewtwo's Birth segment, and which has been the version used for all releases and reairings since), and was reused for movie 5 before they started making movie-specific ones with movie 6.

(and as Dogasu says, that page says they are including these extra segments made for the Full Version, since that's obviously what they airing)
    So.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Anyway, I've read the first chapter of the manga adaptation, and there isn't a single reference to the first movie anywhere. After destroying the lab filled with generic scientists, Myuutwo flies off to some cave and is taken in by a bunch of the wild pokemon there. No mention of Sakaki, no mention of Fuji-Hakase, Myuutwo doesn't make any indication that he knows who Satoshi is and vice versa, etc.
    That's just weird. How did Ash react to seeing Mewtwo, then? Nothing special at all?

I don't see why they would go out of their way to let kids watch Movie 1 if it didn't have anything to do with this movie. And why would they give any Mewtwo a generic background? It makes no sense.
    Last edited by Silktree; 15th April 2013 at 12:43 PM.
    moa likes this.

Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast