PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 51

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Blog Entries

Default Re: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

I suspect that the normal Genesect are just being bossed around by their leader. They don't want to attack the city, but eventually they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I suspect that the normal Genesect are just being bossed around by their leader. They don't want to attack the city, but eventually they will.
    i would think that five would overpower one

Blog Entries

I hope that Dr. Fuji's removal is just an adaptation deviation, which has been known to happen quite a lot. What's the point of a flashback to Mewtwo's creation unless it ties into the existing continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    i would think that five would overpower one
    Four, as there are five Genesect in total. And that's how leadership works: The normal Genesect may rebel eventually, but it is quite possible that they're confused about their existence in the modern world, feeling that they have to trust their leader from ancient times.

It is also possible that just one of the four Genesect trusts people, but that would be a bit random since none of them should stand out.
    Last edited by Silktree; 13th April 2013 at 05:45 AM.

moa

ash riding another legendary
    those things in the water are pre-historic plants?
    the hive is a nice design, a mix between bees and wasps hives
    several fossils of pre-historic genesect

๑๑-•¨°º¤ø„º°¨ ¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„ ๑๑-• ๑๑-•ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º- ๑๑-
    ________________________ ___________________________

martianmister likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Blog Entries

I hope that Dogasu can give us a synopsis soon. There seems to be a lot going on in just the first chapter.
    moa likes this.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Is the Sableye confirmed to be a wild Pokemon, or could it belong to this Eric fella?
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It is also possible that just one of the four Genesect trusts people, but that would be a bit random since none of them should stand out.
    The concept was foreshadowed in the first trailer, where only four of the Genesect were shown to be constructing the hive and attacking people.

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

yeah, from the first image of genesect's fossil/fossil poke, its limbs look identical :/ which is a big disappoint. guess we'll never see the original fossil pokemon [unless the only drastic difference is it's head and lack of cannon-thing]. I hope the movie offers more than that.

also, ash is wicked friendly with that lone genesect, would it be possible [i know... no.] that ash captures his first legendary pokemon?!?!?! :( i can dream cant i? he befriends all of them but doesnt think to ask "hey, you're new to the world, wanna travel with me [and ensure my victory finally in a dang pokemon league]?"

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Finally got regular Internet access back:

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou
    Your post though implied that you still believe this pamphlet/poster, whatever you want to call it, is fake.
    No it didn't.

And, well, hey maybe major sites shouldn't have reported on it
    You're right, they absolutely should not have.

Quite frankly I feel like those images got more attention than they deserved.

I said it was real and, hey, it was
    So you got lucky. Congratulations.

Just like the Unova Starters, we never found out who leaked the picture of them, but it was real.
    So therefore every unsourced image on the Internet must be real! The Isshu starters and this movie pamphlet thing weren't exceptions at all!

Look, I went on about the lack of any source so much because it's the bare minimum we should be expecting when it comes to news like this. Seriously, people, demand sources. Don't believe anything and everything you see on the Internet. Don't be so gullible. Etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    I want to know if Mewtwo's flashback is a reference to its creation
    It is.

I hope that Dr. Fuji's removal is just an adaptation deviation, which has been known to happen quite a lot.
    Not in the past few years they haven't. Momota Inoue's manga adaptations are really, really faithful.

What's the point of a flashback to Mewtwo's creation unless it ties into the existing continuity?
    Could be a different Myuutwo, as little sense as that would make.

We still don't have any confirmation that Ichimura Masachika is returning to voice Myuutwo, by the way.

I hope that Dogasu can give us a synopsis soon. There seems to be a lot going on in just the first chapter.
    I won't be able to until Monday at the earliest.

Also, the first chapter is 80 pages long, so it's not surprising that it covers a lot of ground.
    Playerking and martianmister like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Not in the past few years they haven't. Momota Inoue's manga adaptations are really, really faithful.
    The Movie 13 adaptation wasn't faithful, as the legendary beasts were barely featured in it and various characters were omitted. Getting a flashback scene wrong seems pretty tame compared to that.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So therefore every unsourced image on the Internet must be real! The Isshu starters and this movie pamphlet thing weren't exceptions at all!

Look, I went on about the lack of any source so much because it's the bare minimum we should be expecting when it comes to news like this. Seriously, people, demand sources. Don't believe anything and everything you see on the Internet. Don't be so gullible. Etc. etc.
    I didn't say that. In fact I pointed out how this had all the elements of an exception to the usual sourceless scan. :/

I believed that in this situation the Mewtwo leak was an official piece of material, I judged that based on the look...and then, it was revealed the Pokemon on the poster existed, I naturally jumped to the extremely logical conclusion that the poster which depicted said Pokemon was also real.

I'm not believing everything I see, but in this case the "leak" looked real and everything I saw about it, its appearance without any traceable evidence towards who made it (like with most fakes a picture of the original photo-shop or design on deviant art quickly pops up), the way elements on the poster were moved around and text added and removed without any obvious third-party editing, and the fact it was printed on what appeared to be poster board and a plastic bag, not material usual fakes are made on.

If anything, this proves that I'm just smarter than the average Pokemon Fan who went on and on about this being fake. But I expected that from the beginning.
    はるひ likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The Movie 13 adaptation wasn't faithful, as the legendary beasts were barely featured in it and various characters were omitted. Getting a flashback scene wrong seems pretty tame compared to that.
    Your definition of "faithful" is apparently different from mine.

The only human characters omitted were Proof (who did jack squat in the movie and only existed to give Nakagawa Shouko someone to voice) and Tomo, the old woman with the Mojumbo who worked at the flower shop with Jou. Having Jou take over her role (which was to be the first person to spot Celebi...and then that's pretty much it) was an extremely minor change.

The legendary beasts being omitted is more of a big deal, but even that's not all that huge since they don't really do so much in the actual movie either.

Also, the Zorro'ark adaptation came out three years ago. Ms. Momota's adaptations have been getting more and more faithful the more she does.

Ms. Momota wouldn't have been given a finished version of the movie to use as reference because it's not finished yet; she was probably only given the script and a bunch of production artwork (character designs, backgrounds, etc.) to go off of. So it's entirely possible that, if Myuutwo's creator *is* actually present in the movie, that he wasn't mentioned in the script (a silent cameo isn't out of the question) and that his character design wasn't included in the materials handed over to the manga artist.

But, it's also possible that he's not in the movie and that this Myuutwo is not the same one was the one from the first movie. Aside from the voice actor I mentioned earlier, it's also worth mentioning that while the Plasma-Dan is namedropped several times on the movie's official website, the Rocket-Dan's name isn't brought up once.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    But, it's also possible that he's not in the movie and that this Myuutwo is not the same one was the one from the first movie. Aside from the voice actor I mentioned earlier, it's also worth mentioning that while the Plasma-Dan is namedropped several times on the movie's official website, the Rocket-Dan's name isn't brought up once.
    You keep saying that. I am not going to argue that it's impossible, but Mewtwo being a different character would be a very big deal that would definitely deserve to be clarified. So far it seems that they just expect us to assume it's the original Mewtwo. If anything, leaving out information about Mewtwo's creator is only excusable if we're already supposed to know all about it.

We don't know who Genesect's voice actor is, either.
    Last edited by Silktree; 14th April 2013 at 07:03 AM.
    martianmister and FANG-TAN like this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

So far it seems that they just expect us to assume it's the original Mewtwo.
    Seems like the opposite to me. They could very easily end this discussion once and for all by coming out and saying that this Myuutwo and the one from the first movie are one and the same, but they're not. They're being deliberately coy to get us to speculate, and so far it's been working.

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast