PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 43

Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

I'm actually kinda satisfied that Satoshi does recognize Mewtwo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boson View Post
    It's pretty funny that this doesn't go without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Yes because Genosect vs Mewtwo wouldn't make people think that, especially with the continuation of Charizard being in the movie.
    I think by the time of the movie, Team Plasma would be wiped out.
    And I don't think that Team Rocket should have any control whatsoever on Mewtwo.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boson View Post
    It's pretty funny that this doesn't go without saying.
    Well given he and Team Rocket are the only ones who would recognize it, of course it should be stated. I'm sure the writers didn't forget that Mewtwo didn't erase their memories in their second appearance.

I actually wonder if this movie will have brief flashback scenes to either the first movie or the returns special, I can see Mewtwo getting a flashback sequence like Charizard did just so kids can see where the hell he came from.

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    That large cocoon, ancient genesect incoming?
    The lack of merchandise placeholders indicates otherwise. That cocoon is probably meant to hold trespassers like the TRio.
    What are merchandise placeholders?

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    No, its actually cause Colress has an automated message playing when they break free that everyone is an enemy, and that everything must be destroyed. Misguided rage then blind rage.
    That seems extremely dark for Pokemon, even for a movie, and reminds me of Brave New World. What's your source for this? I'm interested to find out more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Hopefully Giovanni is in the movie
    He may still be in it yet - if he is, mostly likely it will be in flashback form (for the kids!), or in a cameo (less likely, but what exactly is he doing back in Kanto? Will we ever know, or hear from him again? e_e).
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni Sakaki View Post
    What are merchandise placeholders?
    Blank spots in merchandise advertisements that are for new Pokemon or forms that have yet to be revealed. Last year, Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, Meloetta, Meloetta-P, and Keldeo-R were all foreshadowed in such a way. This year there's nothing.

martianmister likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mewtwo and Genesect are basically re-enacting the Brokeback Mountain poster.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

A movie manga to begin soon? Exciting.
    Dogasu likes this.

Blog Entries

An idea I had today, it's a bit speculation and wishing, but I thought I'd share...

First of all, do we know why the Genesect are attacking New Tork? An idea I came up with, and this is based on one of the trailers showed them underground using their attacks which could possibly apply that they're digging beneath the city for some reason, is perhaps there's some rare gem that Colress (or whoever is leading the Genesect) is searching for, possibly related to the Original Dragon or something along those lines. Or just a..."Macguffin", as TVTropes would put it I guess, that doesn't have an exact purpose but more or less would be bad news if it fell into the hands of a group like Team Plasma.

Anyway, this idea ties into my idea of Sableye's role, being that perhaps it ends up eating this gem unknowingly, and thus the entire film it's secretly holding the "main plot". Perhaps by eating this gem it could even evolve into the speculated Sableye evolution, which I think is a fitting evolution method for a gem-eating Pokemon that could be replicated within XY via a similar item. I expect that the possible Sableye evolution may play up the gemstone nature of Sableye moreso than the Ghost/Dark Typing which isn't even that special since Spiritomb came into being.

My idea for Mewtwo resides in the idea of "Kakusei", which apparently can mean multiple things, such as a reawakening or revival, or one definition I saw...purification. I think it would be interesting if perhaps, as a side-effect of the cloning process that birthed Mewtwo, he's beginning to undergo symptoms that cause his body to fluctuate, like its beginning to break down, thus his fighting against the Genesect isn't simply to save the Genesect from what humans have done to them, but also a "suicide mission"...he wants to do one last good thing before his body breaks down. Or something along those lines. Anyway, here's my idea which also ties into X and Y and the Bond System. So, blah blah blah, movie plot happens, and in the end Red Genesect and Mewtwo team up to take down a bigger threat. One idea I had was perhaps something happens to the other four Genesect that causes them to go completely out of control, even more so than before, to the point they begin to attack Red Genesect itself.

Anyway, Red Genesect has a change of heart, and works alongside Mewtwo, ultimately sacrificing itself to save Mewtwo when his body begins to deteriorate by having its armor merge with Mewtwo, so Mewtwo becomes an armored forme known as "New Mewtwo", or "Shin Mewtwo", which sounds cool for a Japanese name. Red Genesect without its armor reverts into its original forme, "Ancient Genesect", and uses its last bit of strength to help free its friends from their armor too. So, in the end, the Genesect are free (but perhaps the Red Genesect ultimately dies), and Mewtwo has new armor which allows it to live on until a cure can be found for its body deteriorating, also wearing the armor as a keepsake of its fallen friend, and seeks out a purpose in life...to save other Pokemon, so like a Superhero.

Anyway, X and Y comes out, and through the Bond System or whatever, Mewtwo and Genesect (either the Shiny Red or normal Purple, which influences the armor color of Shin Mewtwo perhaps) can be used together to switch Formes...Mewtwo is given Genesect's armor and becomes Shin Forme, becoming Psychic/Steel and perhaps trading offense for defense powers, while Genesect becomes Ancient Forme, Bug/Rock, and gains more physical attack and speed.
    Metan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    An idea I had today, it's a bit speculation and wishing, but I thought I'd share...

First of all, do we know why the Genesect are attacking New Tork? An idea I came up with, and this is based on one of the trailers showed them underground using their attacks which could possibly apply that they're digging beneath the city for some reason, is perhaps there's some rare gem that Colress (or whoever is leading the Genesect) is searching for, possibly related to the Original Dragon or something along those lines. Or just a..."Macguffin", as TVTropes would put it I guess, that doesn't have an exact purpose but more or less would be bad news if it fell into the hands of a group like Team Plasma.
    Watch the trailer again, and look more closely. The Genesect are neither underground nor digging. They're in the center of the Pokemon Hills complex they attacked, and are building a hive. Also, by the time of the movie Team Plasma will have croaked long ago.

Blog Entries

I was thinking about the "Project G" trailer that was on Youtube, but watching that again it appears they're probably in that canyon area.

Even though Team Plasma may not be active, I still think perhaps there was a "mission" the Genesect were originally supposed to complete and perhaps they're still part of it. We also don't know if Colress quits like he does in the games, he could still be behind this by the time of the movie. But really, like I said it was sort of goofy speculation/wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    I was thinking about the "Project G" trailer that was on Youtube, but watching that again it appears they're probably in that canyon area.
    The Project G trailer has little bearing on where the Genesect Army is now. The canyon was probably just some testing ground for Team Plasma to let them go wild.

Even though Team Plasma may not be active, I still think perhaps there was a "mission" the Genesect were originally supposed to complete and perhaps they're still part of it. We also don't know if Colress quits like he does in the games, he could still be behind this by the time of the movie. But really, like I said it was sort of goofy speculation/wishlist.
    The only "mission" that we know of is Colress telling them that everything is the enemy and to destroy everything, followed by them breaking out and destroying the P2 Laboratory.

The official site's plot summary makes it clear they aren't under the control of anyone, and are blindly attacking everything due to the confusion and fear caused from being brought into the modern world.

Blog Entries

The event Mewtwo knows Heal Pulse. I like the implication.

Visit PRGirl08's Youtube Channel

After seeing the brief preview for this movie, I'm really looking forward to watching it!! I'm mostly excited to see Mewtwo again!

Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast