PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 41
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 1030

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

  1. #601
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,575
    Blog Entries
    165

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    At the end of Mewtwo Returns, Mewtwo left on its own to search for the meaning of its life, and then here Mewtwo declared that it was not meant to exist like the five Genesect. So depressing.

    It's nice to know that the Sableye on the movie poster is confirmed as a movie-only pokemon.
    It found out that its really just a creation of man. I seriously want flashbacks of it flying to Fuji Island, reading the journals, and perhaps even going back to south america where Mew was originally found. Perhaps the Genesects can offer him a chance to see that even if man-made, he still doesn't have it as bad as Genesect does, being a Pokemon trapped in a metal body.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  2. #602

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    The "Mewtwo's crisis" appears to have been a mistranslation or someone's personal interpretation. The translated summary only says this:

    "These are Pokémon never meant to live in this world... just like I am." Understanding Genesect's grief, Mewtwo confronts them.
    He understands them, but he isn't confused about what's right and wrong. I see no regression from Mewtwo Returns.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    It found out that its really just a creation of man. I seriously want flashbacks of it flying to Fuji Island, reading the journals, and perhaps even going back to south america where Mew was originally found.
    It's a very interesting angle in potential. Mewtwo didn't know that Dr. Fuji had created him as a step toward "reviving" Amber. I don't think that Mewtwo would be ashamed of being man-made if it knew that, but it would feel incredible guilt for killing Fuji and his team.

    On the other side we have Colress, who is pretty much just evil for telling Genesect that they are surrounded by enemies, not to mention apparently abandoning them (although that part might not be his fault if he gets arrested).
    Last edited by Silktree; 6th March 2013 at 09:38 PM.

  3. #603
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    380

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    Huh, yeah, I always imagined, despite being a predator originally, literally becoming a weapon for someone else with presumably no real control over its own body probably bugged Genesect
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

    An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

    Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

    Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

  4. #604

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    Quote Originally Posted by AkuromaKun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    God forbid should we see something that hasn't been done to death before.
    Unless I miscomprehend this, didn't they already dealt with death before in the Pokemon movies? (Latios/Lucario)

    ____________________________
    On the side note.. Anyone think that, that Mewtwo is the Mewtwo from the ending of Mewtwo Returns?
    With "done to death" he means that it's something they've done multiple times before.

    Uh, what other Mewtwo could it be? There's only one Mewtwo.

    Anyway, the new trailer made me squeal for about 5 minutes and now my mom thinks I'm insane. But whatever, it looks amazing. Was that... in-character TR?

  5. #605
    Om nom watermellon Solacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney , Australia
    Posts
    156

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AkuromaKun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    God forbid should we see something that hasn't been done to death before.
    Unless I miscomprehend this, didn't they already dealt with death before in the Pokemon movies? (Latios/Lucario)

    ____________________________
    On the side note.. Anyone think that, that Mewtwo is the Mewtwo from the ending of Mewtwo Returns?
    With "done to death" he means that it's something they've done multiple times before.

    Uh, what other Mewtwo could it be? There's only one Mewtwo.

    Anyway, the new trailer made me squeal for about 5 minutes and now my mom thinks I'm insane. But whatever, it looks amazing. Was that... in-character TR?
    Dont worry i think i had the same reaction except there was no one around to hear me :P. I mean (seemingly) back to old character Team Rocket , genesect blowing things up , mewtwo and a bunch of older pokemon. Whats not to love?

  6. #606

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    this movie is gonna be amazing. i just hope they dont make it as short as the movie with keldeo witch was the shortis movie they made. also glade to see mewtwo back

  7. #607

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    I wonder if Mewtwo is going to get a true ending to his story. When I read what he said, I almost teared up at the thought of him dying.
    But it would be a way for him to go!

  8. #608
    Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    380

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    Just realized the city's called New Tork City, lol. :P

    The Pokemon Hills look pretty cool. They kind of remind me of Torterra's shell, though.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

    An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

    Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

    Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

  9. #609

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeXax View Post
    I wonder if Mewtwo is going to get a true ending to his story. When I read what he said, I almost teared up at the thought of him dying.
    But it would be a way for him to go!
    Mewtwo killing himself would be fitting.

  10. #610

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeXax View Post
    I wonder if Mewtwo is going to get a true ending to his story. When I read what he said, I almost teared up at the thought of him dying.
    But it would be a way for him to go!
    Mewtwo killing himself would be fitting.
    It would be sad. But, it would be conclusive to his story. After every movie that he's featured in, I always go, "What's next?"

  11. #611
    No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    11,466
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    I think the quote about it not being the real Mewtwo is most interesting. Whether this is more literal in that it isn't the same Mewtwo from Strikes Back and Returns or if the question was posed my philosophically than literally is something that remains to be seen I guess.

    As for Sableye being a movie-only Pokémon, I'm guessing then that it will appear and probably evolve into a new Pokémon during the course of the movie, similar to Munchlax in Destiny Deoxys (What other reason would there be for it appearing if not for XY promotion?. Also, could it possibly foreshadow one of the main characters catching one? (Like Buizel in Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea).

    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Huh, yeah, I always imagined, despite being a predator originally, literally becoming a weapon for someone else with presumably no real control over its own body probably bugged Genesect
    > Bugged Genesect
    > Buged Genesect

  12. #612
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,575
    Blog Entries
    165

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    Josh, I'm pretty sure with ash remembering it and Mewtwo saying to Genesect that they are alike and that they don't belong in this world is a pretty good indicator that this is the same Mewtwo from Strikes Back and Returns.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  13. #613

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    The fact that Ash's stated reason for visiting New Tork City is his desire to "research" Pokémon Hills makes me wonder if he is looking for Mewtwo. He heard Mewtwo's voice from afar at the end of Mewtwo Returns, so perhaps Mewtwo will communicate with him again in one of the episodes leading up to the movie.

  14. #614

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    This movie sounds disappointing. I wanted Mewtwo to get a big role but it seems like its just going to be a peacekeeper.

    Also where is Giovanni? Are they really not going to have Gio in a movie about Mewtwo? Is it too late to hope they're hiding his reveal?

  15. #615

    Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I wanted Mewtwo to get a big role but it seems like its just going to be a peacekeeper.
    How is that not a big role? He is still most likely going to battle Genesect if that's all you care about.

    Also where is Giovanni? Are they really not going to have Gio in a movie about Mewtwo? Is it too late to hope they're hiding his reveal?
    There is no need to repeat Mewtwo Returns.

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •