PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 41

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    At the end of Mewtwo Returns, Mewtwo left on its own to search for the meaning of its life, and then here Mewtwo declared that it was not meant to exist like the five Genesect. So depressing.

It's nice to know that the Sableye on the movie poster is confirmed as a movie-only pokemon.
    It found out that its really just a creation of man. I seriously want flashbacks of it flying to Fuji Island, reading the journals, and perhaps even going back to south america where Mew was originally found. Perhaps the Genesects can offer him a chance to see that even if man-made, he still doesn't have it as bad as Genesect does, being a Pokemon trapped in a metal body.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

The "Mewtwo's crisis" appears to have been a mistranslation or someone's personal interpretation. The translated summary only says this:

"These are Pokémon never meant to live in this world... just like I am." Understanding Genesect's grief, Mewtwo confronts them.
    He understands them, but he isn't confused about what's right and wrong. I see no regression from Mewtwo Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    It found out that its really just a creation of man. I seriously want flashbacks of it flying to Fuji Island, reading the journals, and perhaps even going back to south america where Mew was originally found.
    It's a very interesting angle in potential. Mewtwo didn't know that Dr. Fuji had created him as a step toward "reviving" Amber. I don't think that Mewtwo would be ashamed of being man-made if it knew that, but it would feel incredible guilt for killing Fuji and his team.

On the other side we have Colress, who is pretty much just evil for telling Genesect that they are surrounded by enemies, not to mention apparently abandoning them (although that part might not be his fault if he gets arrested).
    Last edited by Silktree; 6th March 2013 at 09:38 PM.
    martianmister likes this.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Huh, yeah, I always imagined, despite being a predator originally, literally becoming a weapon for someone else with presumably no real control over its own body probably bugged Genesect

Quote Originally Posted by AkuromaKun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    God forbid should we see something that hasn't been done to death before.
    Unless I miscomprehend this, didn't they already dealt with death before in the Pokemon movies? (Latios/Lucario)

Uh, what other Mewtwo could it be? There's only one Mewtwo.

Anyway, the new trailer made me squeal for about 5 minutes and now my mom thinks I'm insane. But whatever, it looks amazing. Was that... in-character TR?
    Moe likes this.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AkuromaKun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    God forbid should we see something that hasn't been done to death before.
    Unless I miscomprehend this, didn't they already dealt with death before in the Pokemon movies? (Latios/Lucario)

Uh, what other Mewtwo could it be? There's only one Mewtwo.

Anyway, the new trailer made me squeal for about 5 minutes and now my mom thinks I'm insane. But whatever, it looks amazing. Was that... in-character TR?
    Dont worry i think i had the same reaction except there was no one around to hear me :P. I mean (seemingly) back to old character Team Rocket , genesect blowing things up , mewtwo and a bunch of older pokemon. Whats not to love?
    Satoshi_Pikachu likes this.

this movie is gonna be amazing. i just hope they dont make it as short as the movie with keldeo witch was the shortis movie they made. also glade to see mewtwo back

I wonder if Mewtwo is going to get a true ending to his story. When I read what he said, I almost teared up at the thought of him dying.
    But it would be a way for him to go!

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just realized the city's called New Tork City, lol. :P

The Pokemon Hills look pretty cool. They kind of remind me of Torterra's shell, though.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FreeXax View Post
    I wonder if Mewtwo is going to get a true ending to his story. When I read what he said, I almost teared up at the thought of him dying.
    Mewtwo killing himself would be fitting.
    Karamazov likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeXax View Post
    Mewtwo killing himself would be fitting.
    It would be sad. But, it would be conclusive to his story. After every movie that he's featured in, I always go, "What's next?"

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I think the quote about it not being the real Mewtwo is most interesting. Whether this is more literal in that it isn't the same Mewtwo from Strikes Back and Returns or if the question was posed my philosophically than literally is something that remains to be seen I guess.

As for Sableye being a movie-only Pokémon, I'm guessing then that it will appear and probably evolve into a new Pokémon during the course of the movie, similar to Munchlax in Destiny Deoxys (What other reason would there be for it appearing if not for XY promotion?. Also, could it possibly foreshadow one of the main characters catching one? (Like Buizel in Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea).

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Huh, yeah, I always imagined, despite being a predator originally, literally becoming a weapon for someone else with presumably no real control over its own body probably bugged Genesect
    > Bugged Genesect
    > Buged Genesect

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Josh, I'm pretty sure with ash remembering it and Mewtwo saying to Genesect that they are alike and that they don't belong in this world is a pretty good indicator that this is the same Mewtwo from Strikes Back and Returns.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

The fact that Ash's stated reason for visiting New Tork City is his desire to "research" Pokémon Hills makes me wonder if he is looking for Mewtwo. He heard Mewtwo's voice from afar at the end of Mewtwo Returns, so perhaps Mewtwo will communicate with him again in one of the episodes leading up to the movie.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This movie sounds disappointing. I wanted Mewtwo to get a big role but it seems like its just going to be a peacekeeper.

Also where is Giovanni? Are they really not going to have Gio in a movie about Mewtwo? Is it too late to hope they're hiding his reveal?
    Giovanni Sakaki likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I wanted Mewtwo to get a big role but it seems like its just going to be a peacekeeper.
    How is that not a big role? He is still most likely going to battle Genesect if that's all you care about.

Also where is Giovanni? Are they really not going to have Gio in a movie about Mewtwo? Is it too late to hope they're hiding his reveal?
    There is no need to repeat Mewtwo Returns.
    martianmister likes this.

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast