PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 40

Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

The fact it's taking place in "New York" really makes me think they transposed the original idea for the Plasma vs. Rocket Two-Parter into this movie, with Castelia being replaced by a different interpretation of New York, and, of course, rewriting the plot to focus on the respective Legendaries as opposed to the teams themselves.

EDIT: Also, the Official Site has a bio for Sableye on his own.

Seems it ISN'T part of the gang prior to the film, but meets Ash and Co. in the film.

And one for the gang's group (Charizard, Dragonite, the Starters, Emolga, Pansage, and Axew), and then...uh...one with some random assortment of Pokemon including Feraligatr and Persian, which I assume is probably the Pokemon Hills Pokemon.
    Last edited by Garren; 6th March 2013 at 07:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Abilities play no part in there, so I don't understand that one.
    Abilities can be showcased when they are relevant, as was the case with Arceus' Multitype. Mewtwo could also be given yet another signature move. In either case, the new element would reflect the personality change, which could work in the games with the new bonding system.
    Last edited by Silktree; 6th March 2013 at 07:33 PM.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
    I do find it odd that they mentioned that we 'don't know the REAL Mewtwo yet' in its own little text scene after the main movie trailer. They definitely put emphasis on it and they want us to remember that. Like Silktree said, it could just mean it has a totally different personality but I wouldn't completely rule out a forme just yet.
    As I say later on in this post, mewtwo has existential issues with itself. The personality is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    The fact it's taking place in "New York" really makes me think they transposed the original idea for the Plasma vs. Rocket Two-Parter into this movie, with Castelia being replaced by a different interpretation of New York, and, of course, rewriting the plot to focus on the respective Legendaries as opposed to the teams themselves.

EDIT: Also, the Official Site has a bio for Sableye on his own.
    *snip*
    Seems it ISN'T part of the gang prior to the film, but meets Ash and Co. in the film.

And one for the gang's group (Charizard, Dragonite, the Starters, Emolga, Pansage, and Axew), and then...uh...one with some random assortment of Pokemon including Feraligatr and Persian, which I assume is probably the Pokemon Hills Pokemon.
    I swear that Pokemon is going to get some sort of evo this gen. Really excited for it, cause a Sableye evo can be all sorts of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Abilities play no part in there, so I don't understand that one.
    Abilities can be showcased when they are relevant, as was the case with Arceus' Multitype. Mewtwo could also be given yet another signature move. In either case, the new element would reflect the personality change, which could work in the games with the new bonding system.
    Mewtwo still has the same personality, he mentions to the Genesect's that they are not supposed to exist in this world, just like himself. He realizes he is a creation of man, yet he still does what he has to to protect Pokemon.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Mewtwo still has the same personality, he mentions to the Genesect's that they are not supposed to exist in this world, just like himself. He realizes he is a creation of man, yet he still does what he has to to protect Pokemon.
    That doesn't mean that he has the same personality. He realizes that he wasn't meant to exist, but he doesn't see it as excuse to cause destruction. He now protects everyone rather than just the clones he created. In the past, he would have defended Genesect.

Blog Entries

This going to be so Epic.

Blog Entries

I don't think Mewtwo wants to destroy Genesect, though.

I imagine he probably wants to free it from its armored "prison", so he's defending it by defeating it. Odds are, the ending of the movie will probably have Genesect "die", but then be "reborn" as a free individual (whether or not that'll involve its armor falling off and the "True Genesect" being seen is unknown), and either go off with Mewtwo or something.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

While I still understand the point that "Real Mewtwo" could mean a personality shift, that plus the Mewtwo's Awakening makes it sounds like Mewtwo gains a huge power boost someway, and Pokemon always portrays it with a new forme. Rare is it to see a Pokemon just surpassing themselves. I mean sure Pokemon always overcome fears or doubts or what not, but when a legendary is awakened, and the real selves come out, its with a new forme. Shaymin, and Keldeo proved that.

Blog Entries

While I still understand the point that "Real Mewtwo" could mean a personality shift, that plus the Mewtwo's Awakening makes it sounds like Mewtwo gains a huge power boost someway, and Pokemon always portrays it with a new forme. Rare is it to see a Pokemon just surpassing themselves. I mean sure Pokemon always overcome fears or doubts or what not, but when a legendary is awakened, and the real selves come out, its with a new forme. Shaymin, and Keldeo proved that.
    God forbid should we see something that hasn't been done to death before.

Blog Entries

I don't think Mewtwo will obtain a new form, but now I'm wondering about Genesect...Silktree, I usually take your word when it comes to merchandising trends and all, but now I'm a bit skeptical about prior claims that the merchandise had no more surprises left. I mean, even if Sableye doesn't obtain an evolution within the film, it's being promoted quite a bit (a spot on the poster, an individual character summary) that it seems like we would've seen merchandising of it prior to this, yet, as far as I know, we haven't.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Tone down the attitude first of all, okay? I'm not some first year amateur. Second of all, I'm fine with something new. I'm just saying that from the Pokemon movies we shouldn't expect much, even if they're going for a more overall feel for the movie having it connect to the Anime. Plot and background is good and all, character development is even better, but in then end when they give us real mewtwo and awakening I expect a form. Cynical output sure? But I don't expect them to advertise character development on such a level for a movie targeted at 9-12yr olds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Silktree, I usually take your word when it comes to merchandising trends and all, but now I'm a bit skeptical about prior claims that the merchandise had no more surprises left.
    There are no placeholders. That doesn't rule out another surprise, but suffice to say that they haven't been shy about using placeholders before.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounds like Mewtwo has basically been flanderized.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Sounds like Mewtwo has basically been flanderized.
    How exactly? Because he acknowledges that he was created by man? Cause if anything its a pretty cool thing to see them do.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At the end of Mewtwo Returns, Mewtwo left on its own to search for the meaning of its life, and then here Mewtwo declared that it was not meant to exist like the five Genesect. So depressing.

It's nice to know that the Sableye on the movie poster is confirmed as a movie-only pokemon.

Unless I miscomprehend this, didn't they already dealt with death before in the Pokemon movies? (Latios/Lucario)

Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast