PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 38

Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

Sableye, eh? It's hovering near Ash so it's most likely an Ash capture if Ash catches anything. Yeeeeeeees and Noooooooooo, it'll probably evolve into a Gen VI Pokemon but he has enough neglected captures as it is. But still it's a cool ghost we haven't seen much of and I wouldn't mind him with a Ghost and Pokemon with zero weaknesses. Probably the Aipom of this generation.

Notice we got Pikachu, Pignite, Snivy, Oshawott, Charizard, and there's one more spot for a sixth member which is probably Sableye(Even though Scraggy would make more sense given his marketability on the team, got shafted for Sableye it seems)....If it's as entertaining as Aipom I'll love it.

Really? Pansage again Cilan? His lack of marketable or popular Pokemon is bothersome if they have to resort to Pansage every time for big events.

Uhm, could someone host the poster in another site? I was sleeping, and the link is now broken. :T

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    Uhm, could someone host the poster in another site? I was sleeping, and the link is now broken. :T
    Check the first post of the thread.
    Metan likes this.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

I like the new poster, indeed. Mewtwo looks really good in it. However, I admit that as many of you, what it really calls my attention is the Sableye. Honestly, I really hope this will be a new capture for Ash, not Cilan as some have said. There's many reasons for me to believe to be a new capture for Ash, so I will explain them to you:

1º) Some of you think of this as a repetition of Ash's Aipom, which I admit it can happen. I mean, which other reason to make a main character to capture an old Pokemon that to introduce a new evolution or pre-evolution in some chases? I think Cilan and Iris will stay with Ash for the next generation's adventure, but yet, I want Ash to be the one who captures the Sableye.

2º) Ash's capturing a Sableye won't be comparable just with Ash's Aipom, but also with Brock's Sudowoodo. You see, when the original trio (Ash, Misty and Brock) were traveling through the Johto's region, I always thought that Sudowoodo was a potential good capture for Brock's team; mainly because it's a rare Rock type and his family have a Pokemon Gym about Rock types. So, I was really disappointed when Brock didn't capture a Sudowoodo back in the episode "Type Casting". Several years later, however, Brock finally got this Pokemon through the evolution of its new introduced "pre-evolution", Bonsly. So that was really satisfactory for me.

Something similar happened back when the Hoenn's group (Ash, May, Max and Brock) were traveling through Hoenn, I always thought that Sableye was a very good capture for Ash (I'll explain the main reasons after this). You see, as his "Hoenn's team", Ash only capture 5 Pokemon (Taillow-Swellow, Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal and Snorunt-Glalie). It was a good team, but I always thought that Ash should have captured 6 Pokemon to have a full "Hoenn's Pokemon team". Pikachu's position as Ash's sixth and "permament" Pokemon in his team was a problem to capture 6 Hoenn's Pokemon, but not if we consider that the link between Kanto and Hoenn was working back then. If you remember, while they were still in Hoenn (episode "Hokey PokeBalls"), Ash could call his Bulbasaur from Oak's Laboratory so it could play with May's new Bulbasaur. Sadly, he has to send it back in the same episode when the Pokemon in Oak's Lab started to fight once again. Anyway, the point is, if Ash have had 6 Pokemon in that moment (counting Pikachu, Taillow, Grovyle, Corphish and his "new" Torkoal), Ash would have to send the sixth Pokemon to Oak to receive Bulbasaur. Then, repeating what it happened to Heracross in Johto, Oak keeps the sixth Pokemon for a while to study it. And the perfect sixth Pokemon that Ash could have captured in that moment was the wild Sableye Ash's befriended back in the episode "Ready, Willing and Sableye!". That episode was a perfect opportunity for Ash.

3º) The main reasons because I thought in Sableye as a good Pokemon for Ash are easy to see. First and foremost, because it was about time for Ash to finally catch a Ghost Type Pokemon, especially since the big dilemma that Ash never captured Haunter officially in Kanto. And now that I'm talking about Haunter, the second reason to see Sableye as an ideal Pokemon for Ash is because his strong resemblance to Haunter. The teeth, the spikes around the head, the claws... It makes me think about Haunter everytime I see a Sableye. Ash always capture Pokemon similar to his old ones, just like Corphish is similar to Krabby/Kingler, Leavanny has some curious resemblance to Butterfree and most of his Normal/Flying types are almost identical (Swellow and Unfezant, Pidgeot and Staraptor... etc) So, capturing a Ghost Pokemon similar to one he "almost" captured seems very appropiate for Ash. Finally, considering one of the Pokemon Gym from Hoenn's region is about Psychic Pokemon (Mossdeep Gym, with Solrock and Lunatone), a Ghost type would have been perfect for Ash in this Gym battle; especially when Psychic Pokemon are one of the most difficult types to battles, just like Ghost and Dragon types. And as a bonus, a Sableye could have been very useful to Ash in the Battle Frontier's trip; especially in the Battle Tower against Anabel's Psychic Pokemon. Don't you think?

Well, what do you think of this? Don't tell me the posibilities for Ash to capture the Sableye are not considerables. I really hope Ash will catch this Pokemon. His old friend Charizard may will return, but it's not the same as catching a new Pokemon and a new friend/partner to his team, right?
    Velvet likes this.

Blog Entries

I kinda think Ash has enough Pokemon on his Unova team as it is. :/

But really, the first thing I thought of when I saw Sableye there was that it'd be acting as a supporting character in the movie on its own, like Plusle and Minun in the Deoxys movie and so on.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Sableye? What the hell. Still awesome regardless of the random appearance, hopefully there's an Evolution around the corner. Always loved its creepy look, and I genuinely wouldn't mind something even creepier then it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    Hoenn remakes, obviously.

(What? Someone had to make the joke.)
    You would take it as a joke, I would take it as another notch on the RSEmake hint scale. Gen 4 had enough Pokemon from Gen 1 and 2 for HGSS to seem plausible enough, and if another round of gen 3 Pokemon get updates then its enough for me. Each to their own I guess. *shrugs*

Edit: Aren't we also due for a trailer by now? February usually holds one after the second Pokemon reveal, and considering how today's the last day of the month, its a bit odd. Maybe tomorrow on Oho Shuta?
    Last edited by Mitzman!; 28th February 2013 at 07:08 AM.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Edit: Aren't we also due for a trailer by now? February usually holds one after the second Pokemon reveal, and considering how today's the last day of the month, its a bit odd. Maybe tomorrow on Oho Shuta?
    Maybe. Or is there a Gen VI Pokemon who will have a side role and is shown in the trailer, so they won't release it until after the next Corocoro?

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Maybe. Or is there a Gen VI Pokemon who will have a side role and is shown in the trailer, so they won't release it until after the next Corocoro?
    The last few trailers have all been shown at the end of February or beginning of March, so I doubt it's going to be different this time.

I don't see Iris staying for the next series, her ending is already being foreshadowed, Dento on the other is possible as hes had such little screen time, it'd be a shame if went out this way. Ash catching another Pokemon? To me, thats one too many and I think they should give more time to Ash's Pokemon he has now and they'll be oaked before going to the next region but if so I won't complain.

Mewtwo's art looks off but it looks better on the newest Poster.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Sableye makes me want to cry :(....

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Apparently there's movie news next week for Pokemon Smash from what I gather. Shoko-tan was also saying a Pokemon name and it got blurted out, but I'm not sure if they're related.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Shoko-tan will voice all five Genesect, clearly. Who better to voice an armada of dangerous monsters? But maybe it has to do with the Eevee in her hair?
    Last edited by Karamazov; 2nd March 2013 at 09:07 PM.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I still can't make out if the movie news is related to whatever Shokotan is showing. I mean she's obviously showing something judging from what the preview showed, but what?

She will say that she will be the voice of Ninfia that's sure! and they will show the new trailer (showed this thusday in oha)
    see my arts at: http://vice-san.deviantart.com/
    Check my youtube channel: [url]http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMJc1SJDkWylznd5EKIs2Ow?feature=watch[url]

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    I still can't make out if the movie news is related to whatever Shokotan is showing. I mean she's obviously showing something judging from what the preview showed, but what?
    Probably has something to do with new Eevee since that technically is movie related.

Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast