PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 32
Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect"

If the Mewtwo were different from the original one, it would be shiny. I don't see how "reawakening" implies anything but a return, anyway.

@Dogasu Does CoroCoro shed any light on the plot?

Quote Originally Posted by santiagus View Post
    I Think this may be a TP vs TR movie in the opening the genesects are in castelia.

But I wont get hypped until we get a confirmation
    Considering that Episode N will end three months before the movie premiere, I highly doubt that Team Plasma will appear here outside the prologue.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

The page says that Myuutwo's the only one who can go up against the Extreme Speed Genosect.

Other than that? Nothing.

Also, guys, "Awakening" (not "Re-awakening," I have no idea where that translation's coming from) doesn't just mean waking up in the "open your eyes and stop sleeping" sense. They're obviously not going for a literal "waking up" thing here.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on July 19th, 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Last month CoroCoro confirmed that the shiny Genesect would appear in Episode N, so it will either appear in March or during the April three-parter. My bet is on the former.

Will Mewtwo appear in the next saga to familiarize young viewers with its history? It is also possible that the first movie will be broadcast in July instead of Movie 15.
    Last edited by Silktree; 12th February 2013 at 09:58 AM.

Simpler times ahead
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awakening? My bet would be Mewtwo somehow learns that thanks to being a clone, he can alter his DNA to make himself stronger, like awaking the power within. I wouldn't mind it to be honest, Mewtwo somehow bringing out all the power he can muster through a new forme. Also, I love how I jokingly said that the movie's not gonna have the real star and the Eeeveelution movie will. I love this. Best possible outcome, to be honest. No forced plot, something that makes sense considering the Anime, which in itself is brilliant as a movie never has gone to this extent, and the possible fighting between these 2 is enough to sell tickets by itself.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am worried that its not the same Mewtwo for the following reasons:

- The Mastermind special had a virtual reality Mew and Mewtwo. They celebrated the 10th anniversary of the anime with "fake versions" of Mew and Mewtwo.

- Movie 3 had an illusion of Entei, Movie 6 had a fake Groudon. The writers aren't adverse from putting "fake" versions of legends into movies.

- Mewtwo has not had a real appearance since 2001, that was over 12 years ago. Kids watching Pokemon today have no idea who Mewtwo is.

YOU! SHALL NOT! PASS!! SammyW27's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Holy crap!

We'd talked about Mewtwo vs. Genesect, but I never actually thought they'd really go there!

Simpler times ahead
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They're advertising the movie with an actual Mewtwo, and something that is clearly not an illusion, hologram or otherwise. Another thing to note is that while the scan does not provide any form of info on what Mewtwo this is, I do believe its strange for it not to be THE Mewtwo, but still use the Anime art of it from a movie 12 years ago. They have it with new art right there in the middle of the page, so using it would seem redundant, no? Better yet TFM, is the fact that BW2:Episode N is ending by may, which gives the anime 5 months of nothing. They could build up the movie in those 5 months, and perhaps give the new fans some sort of intro on Mewtwo through the Anime. They're clearly giving us a conjunction between the two this time around, so anything is possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    They're advertising the movie with an actual Mewtwo, and something that is clearly not an illusion, hologram or otherwise. Another thing to note is that while the scan does not provide any form of info on what Mewtwo this is, I do believe its strange for it not to be THE Mewtwo, but still use the Anime art of it from a movie 12 years ago. They have it with new art right there in the middle of the page, so using it would seem redundant, no? Better yet TFM, is the fact that BW2:Episode N is ending by may, which gives the anime 5 months of nothing. They could build up the movie in those 5 months, and perhaps give the new fans some sort of intro on Mewtwo through the Anime. They're clearly giving us a conjunction between the two this time around, so anything is possible.
    Didn't the Movie 3 posters advertise Entei like a real Entei, even though it was only an illusion created by the Unown?

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

omg gaiz
    "Reawakening" = "Reborn"
    Mewtwo Reborn = Mewthree
    Totez 100% legit.

Seriously though...erm...what the hell?

Simpler times ahead
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Didn't the Movie 3 posters advertise Entei like a real Entei, even though it was only an illusion created by the Unown?
    Fair Enough, but still what would the plot be behind a fake mewtwo? Plasma wants to train the Genesect's, so they decide to raze a city by having them fight a digital Mewtwo? I mean the movie plot is likely gonna be strange, but any form of a fake mewtwo makes no sense compared to a real mewtwo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am sure that the Mewtwo would be shiny if it were a new clone based on the original one. There is no reason to think that it may be an illusion when no force like the Unown is at play here.

If kids can accept Ash's Charizard, they can certainly embrace Mewtwo. There have been recent reruns of the first movie and Mewtwo Returns on TV, and as Chespin said, there is time to reintroduce Mewtwo via the show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Didn't they advertise Ho-oh for a movie and he wasn't in it at all, but Mew using transform in Movie 8?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Didn't they advertise Ho-oh for a movie and he wasn't in it at all, but Mew using transform in Movie 8?
    They didn't advertise it. Mewtwo is in the title, so it's a moot point, anyway.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are you talking about the M13 trailer with the Johto mascots fighting that had nothing to do with the actual film? I don't remember seeing any of that for the 8th one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mewtwo? ....Ok, I'm going to try to calm down here. This had better not be implying something, though. The only alternative, however, is that they decided for Genesect to be the "new" pokemon despite having already distributed it. Either that or they didn't find it necessary since new junk was plugged in the short again. If that is true, then all expectations for the movies after this one will be hard to endure. We can no longer be certain of events popping up in the title anymore unless they just put it in the title to begin with. Our only solace is that the February reveal remains constant. Just don't be surprised when junk goes to shorts now if the movie doesn't want to show it.

EDIT: Remember the unaccounted for tube from the lab? I think this is it.
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 12th February 2013 at 12:50 PM.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast