PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 31

Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect"

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Its probably not "THE" Mewtwo.

Have you all forgotten we had a virtual reality Mewtwo in the Mastermind special? Its probably a new or fake version, hence its, "Awakening."
    It's "Reawakening", according Serebii.

If that's true, so hell yeah, this is going to be awesoome~

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even odder. Why would they use the term, "reawakening" to describe Mewtwo? The character was never dormant anywhere, his last appearances in some old openings and world of pokemon segments show him hopping along rooftops in a brown cloak.

"Reawakening" makes it sound like they cloned a new Mewtwo, or they're bringing something back to life. It doesn't describe the Mewtwo we know very well at all. And as seen in the Mastermind special from 2006, the writers aren't adverse to bringing in an illusion or "fake" version of Mewtwo.

Don't forget how many times we've seen illusions of legendaries before too, even the Entei in Movie 3 wasn't real.
    Giovanni Sakaki likes this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Oh fucking holy balls this movie got even better?! Genesect VS Metwtwo is like the Pokemon showdown version of Goku VS Vegeta and the fact that they're giving it to us is all sorts of amazing. Gen 5 is going out in style! I don't care if its THE Mewtwo, as long as its a Mewtwo, having a fight with Genesect. Thank you based Arceus, Thank you for this glorious realization!
    BlueScyther likes this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've learned not to get hyped up for these movies.

I honestly haven't truly enjoyed a Pokemon movie since Movie 10 with Darkrai. The rest have either been just OK or forgettable. I don't know what to make of this one.

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

Boy, I am SO out of the loop lately. But my Team Rocket senses are apparently still in good tingling order. MEWTWO'S AWAKENING, it is now??

From Bulbapedia: M16 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

The setting for this film is based on New York City, including Central Park. Director Kunihiko Yuyama has stated that this is due to his desire to create a contrast between the ancient Genesect and a setting that embraces technology and civilization.
    Last time anyone saw the REAL Mewtwo (outside of fanfic) was at the end of Mewtwo Returns, when he was standing on top of what I took to be the Chrysler Building.

So, this sounds pretty promising, although I'll eat my hat (anyone who likes can take me up on this) if it really is the real Mewtwo from Movie 1. Or if his caped excursion into New York in MR has anything to do with the plot. Or if the events of Mewtwo Returns or Mewtwo Strikes Back are in any way relevant to the plot beyond some throwaway mention or expository flashback. Or if this movie affects the anime canon in any way.

Also, if any Team Rocket agents (other than JJ+M and Giovanni) who were introduced before Best Wishes are in this movie (e.g Butch, Cassidy, Vicious, Domino, Wendy, et al), I will publically undergo the most amusing humiliation that the deranged hive-mind of this forum can possibly concoct. Only THEN will I be able to truly claim that "The Pokemon Fandom Drove Me Batshit Crazy, And All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt".

Let's make a bet, Bulbagarden!! Do your worst..
    Last edited by Giovanni Sakaki; 12th February 2013 at 01:05 AM.
    BlueScyther and martianmister like this.
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Yep, which is why I also think its the real mewtwo as this is Poke-New York in movie form. Genesect's probably causing havoc on its turf and Mewtwo is gonna lay a smackdown on this gene based impostor!
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Even odder. Why would they use the term, "reawakening" to describe Mewtwo? The character was never dormant anywhere, his last appearances in some old openings and world of pokemon segments show him hopping along rooftops in a brown cloak.

"Reawakening" makes it sound like they cloned a new Mewtwo, or they're bringing something back to life.
    I don't know. The transliterated Japanese title for the second movie is "Phantom Pokemon Lugia's Explosive Birth" and the Lugia obviously isn't born in that film, you first see it swimming through the deep sea.

El_
    Blog Entries

Yeah, awakening or reawakening could mean anything honestly, but they obviously couldn't use "The return of Mewtwo" or Mewtwo returns again so perhaps thats why they went with that title.

Bringing back the old character itself is kinda like bringing back Charizard, nostalgia. I'm not completely ruling out a new Mewtwo though either, but I'm betting on the old character since TR might be involved with the movie.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, THIS is interesting news. It may very well just be a different Mewtwo - perhaps another created by TR - but I'm okay either way. Having Team Rocket and Team Plasma with their respective genetic Pokemon in a movie alone would make this one to look forward to.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo's Revival"

If they are going to have Genesect and Mewtwo can we at least get a Porygon or 2? If man made Pokemon is going to be a theme do they need to keep leaving one out?
    ArginX and martianmister like this.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I can dig it. Hoping it is the Mewtwo, but I won't get my hopes up just yet. The fact this is happening in a city seems to make it more likely though. Throw in Vicious for absolutely no reason and they've got themselves a movie I may care about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    If they are going to have Genesect and Mewtwo can we at least get a Porygon or 2? If man made Pokemon is going to be a theme do they need to keep leaving one out?
    PorygonZ is being heavily promoted in the March card set, obviously to tie in with the 'man-made Pokemon' theme. In relation to the movie, this could mean everything, or it could mean nothing. I wouldn't rule it out!

As for the 'reawakening' part of the movie title which has led everyone to believe that the movie will star a new Mewtwo... Well, I'm hardly fluent in Japanese, but it should go without saying that the term which has been translated as 'awakening' ('kakusei from what I'm to understand) can easily be interpreted in different ways. What is important is the concept of the term--these kanji can just as easily be taken to represent similar concepts having to do with 'returning to a state of empowerment' or something along those lines. This is true even if 'reawakening' is by far the most accurate translation--virtually everyone translates the Revelation Lugia subtitle as "Lugia's Explosive Birth", and yet obviously Lugia is not 'born' 'explosively', much less born at all, in the movie; it simply rises from the depths of the ocean!
    Last edited by ArginX; 12th February 2013 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    My theory of them transferring Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma into this film is seeming less stupid now. :0
    I Think this may be a TP vs TR movie in the opening the genesects are in castelia.

But I wont get hypped until we get a confirmation

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by santiagus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    My theory of them transferring Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma into this film is seeming less stupid now. :0
    I Think this may be a TP vs TR movie in the opening the genesects are in castelia.

But I wont get hypped until we get a confirmation
    The movie is in 'Pokemon Hills' which is based on Central Park, not Hiun City.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

It all comes full circle.

This movie is gonna be good...

Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast