PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 29

Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Wow, looks like this WILL tie into Episode N after all...

Let us hope and pray that this goes better than the Mewtwo movie (even though it's already starting to sound like it'll be a total mess)
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Its surprising that it'll tie in. Especially since Charizard seems to be both in the movie and in the anime too.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: M16 "Extreme Speed Genesect"

I noticed something:

ヴェールに包まれた、 伝説のポケモン。| 『ポケットモンスター X』 『ポケットモンスター Y』公式サイト

The title of this page is ヴェールに包まれた、 伝説のポケモン ("Legendary pokemon covered in a veil")

Sound familiar?

ポケモン映画公式サイト 「神速のゲノセクト」 同時上映 「ピカチュウとイーブイ☆フレンズ」

The tagline for the Genosect movie is 真紅の鎧 に包まれた 3億年の謎が 明らかされる ("A 300 million year old riddle veiled in a crimson red will come to light").

Both the legendary pokemon in X and Y and the Genosect movie use this ve-ru ni tsutsumareta phrasing.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I noticed something:

The title of this page is ヴェールに包まれた、 伝説のポケモン ("Legendary pokemon covered in a veil")

Sound familiar?

The tagline for the Genosect movie is 真紅の鎧 に包まれた 3億年の謎が 明らかされる ("A 300 million year old riddle veiled in a crimson red will come to light").

Both the legendary pokemon in X and Y and the Genosect movie use this ve-ru ni tsutsumareta phrasing.
    Maybe it's just a coincidence...? Or does it imply a connection? I don't really know what to make of that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I noticed something:

Sound familiar?

Interesting... I have been suspecting that the 'Red Veil' tagline used for the trailer--along with common sense in light of conventional movie-naming traditions--is pointing towards the Red Genesect in fact being another Zoroark-like Pokemon in disguise. Seeing as though the tagline is used for Xerneas and Yveltal as well, this could very well mean that Yveltal is to be the true form of the so-called 'Red Genesect'. Seeing as though the body and eye colors match so well, as well as the fact that they could be making an homage to the summer of '99 when Lugia--also the secondary mascot for even-numbered generation games coming the following fall--was featured in the latest movie, I would not rule out this possibility.

Blog Entries

The Red Genesect not being a Genesect at all and instead being a legendary from another region would be rather odd based on what we know so far, though. It's been pointed out that there were six broken tubes at the P2 Lab, which gives us our movie Genesects plus one. But if Red Genesect is Yveltal, that means that either Plasma had Yveltal in a tube for whatever reason, which seems odd due to Yveltal being from a completely different region (and the anime usually makes taking a legendary Pokemon away from whatever it protects or maintains both very difficult and a very bad idea), or Yveltal isn't fro m the lab and there's two extra Genesects running around, which seems... excessive. And it kind of creates an unnecessary amount of back-and-forth, with them hinting at an additional rogue Genesect and then making one of the known Genesects something else and introducing another rogue Genesect. Maybe with a Pokemon that Plasma could reasonably procure or create it would work, but Yveltal doesn't seem like it would be able to fill that role.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, but that's how it looks to me right now.

El_
    Blog Entries

Yveltal shouldn't be expected to make an appearance or even a reference until the X & Y anime debuts. The main thing that worked for Lugia over a decade ago was that it was made the master of the legendary birds, which honestly fit pretty well. I don't see how they would ever get Yveltal nor Xerneas to fit that well with Genesect's plot, not to mention they deserve their own movies to themselves.

That said, I'm not going to pretend like I know what that translations means, but "a 300 million year old riddle veiled in a crimson red will come to light" sounds to me like the Red Genesect might be due for a new forme (ancient version) lifting the veil ( red armor) so to speak. Either that, or it will be a new legendary species of Gen 6 which might explain the phrasing being similar to Gen 6's legends. The latter at least fits with the 6 broken tubes at the P2 lab.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

I found a tweet on tumblr today; not sure if it's new or not about the movie. I posted it in the Current events thread if you want to see it.

Edit: The link was torn down after I posted it. So never mind.
    Last edited by Velvet; 22nd January 2013 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    I found a tweet on tumblr today; not sure if it's new or not about the movie. I posted it in the Current events thread if you want to see it.

Edit: The link was torn down after I posted it. So never mind.
    Next time you see a tweet like that, please make sure to screencap it.

@Zistal; how do you screencap exactly?

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, I just had an idea today...

With the Victini film, we didn't know the fact there was a White and a Black version till around this time, correct? Well, what if they're doing that again?

Maybe we have a Crimson Red Genesect representing Y, but they'll also be a Shining Blue Genesect representing X?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    Maybe we have a Crimson Red Genesect representing Y, but they'll also be a Shining Blue Genesect representing X?
    Why would Y be represented by a shiny Generation V Pokémon? Plus, when Movie 14 was released Black and White had been out for almost a year, so the movie promotion was actually influenced by the player's game version, which can't be the case here.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Why would Y be represented by a shiny Generation V Pokémon? Plus, when Movie 14 was released Black and White had been out for almost a year, so the movie promotion was actually influenced by the player's game version, which can't be the case here.
    And also the fact that red is its shiny color, so I doubt there would be a blue Genesect to go with the purple and red ones unless they pulled another Pinkin Island or pink Butterfree from Season 1.

Well, I think I might have found something interesting.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2iabjhv.jpg

Note the sphere of green electricity on the poster behind the logos, just like the one on the proper poster shown exploding out of Red Genesect's Drive and giving the cannon a green aura. I thought it might have just been added for aesthetics, but now wonder if it's actually important. Red Genesect was indeed mentioned as having more than just super speed, IIRC.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, I also noticed there are blue flames on both the poster and set background.
    So, I just had an idea today...

With the Victini film, we didn't know the fact there was a White and a Black version till around this time, correct? Well, what if they're doing that again?

While I've considered the idea of a blue Gen 6 Pokemon contrasting Red Genesect to match XY, the idea of a Blue Genesect just doesn't make any sense. Seriously.

The Power of Electricity Jolty94's Avatar
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

It's clearly Duskaman, the Superman Pokémon, looool. Eh, just theories, we won't know anything more yet... I have a feeling they'll be revealing the main Star of this Movie very soon though...
    N is finished yet.

Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast