PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 26
Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Although I disagree with fer92 about his predictions, I do agree that the VA list doesn't rule out anything. The list appeared in small letters on both the movie poster and the poster for the short (which doesn't feature any humans), which implies that it is just a standard list. Also, he's right that the initial Movie 15 poster (and even the updated one) did list Team Rocket (but not Axew).

Quote Originally Posted by fer92
    The movie screams Genesect vs Red Genesect vs Pokemon A or Genesect vs Red Genesect + Pokemon A
    Not really. The fact that the regular Genesect isn't included in the title or the poster implies that it will have a minor role. The movie will revolve around Red Genesect and the hidden Pokémon.

I don't say that the movie will be like a episode of the anime. What I'm saying is that the movie will have a relation with Episode N. Meaning that Team Plasma (including N) will have a role in it.
    I don't see how it is possible for Team Plasma to be involved in the movie without their role affecting the anime's plot. If the point is to allow viewers to understand the show without watching the movie, then it would make sense to have the regular Genesect escape Team Plasma's control before the movie.

That means that these pokemon will have a big appareance in the Genesect movie. The problem is that the same pokemon appear in the poster of Episode N, meaning that we have a big role in the anime. What does mean to the movie?
    Just because Genesect and Charizard will appear in both the anime and the movie doesn't mean that everyone else will. Charizard does belong to Ash, after all, and it makes sense for Genesect not to be completely ignored in a movie dealing with its shiny counterpart.

To end my suspecting of the relationship between the movie and the anime will end with the movie's location. I think that the anime will go explicity to the place where the movie plot will take place, something that hasn't done before int he history of the anime. I think (and I believe that this is confirmed) that the movie will take a New York setting. If that's true, the anime won't made a city based on New York. If my speculation is true, the movie setting will be Castelia City, the city that in the Pokemon universe reprsents New York. Remember that Castelia is based in New York (all of Unova is, but specially Castelia).
    It's been confirmed that the movie's setting is called Pokémon Hills. It is based on Central Park, whereas Castelia City was based on lower Manhattan. If anything, Pokémon Hills is located where the Entralink is in the games.
    Last edited by Silktree; 5th January 2013 at 05:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

About the Va question, @Musashi, Team Rocket didn't have any speaking role in the movie. The VA list is only a standard Va list.

The movie will be about Pikachu (well he's in merch becausee ya' know), Charizard, Iris, Dragonite (like merchandise says), Plasma Genesect, Red Genesect and two unknown pokemon
    The reason why I think that the movie and the anime will be related is because the prequel to the Genesect movie will be in the anime. And the option that @Silktree posted is like I'm expecting.

It's safe to say that Charizard will appear in the two cannons because it's Ash's Charizard. The same with Iris' Dragonite. But Plsma Genesect will a key role in Episode N and we know that Plasma Genesect will apppea
    r in the movie.

And IF thought that the movie setting was confirmed to be Castelia.. Although that could mean that the anime will be around the Extra link zone around movie release. (The anime will renamed the zone). And that place could be convenient to the end of the Episode N plot on N's Castle (although the anime could move the location), and Opelucid City, where Iris' could end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There's usually no direct timeframe link with the movies and the anime, mostly because they can't assume everyone's going to go to the cinema in the first week to be caught up to the plot for the next episode. So I'd expect the Genesect plot in the movie to be totally unrelated to the one in the anime.

The anime seems driven by N's storyline, while I would imagine the movie would be more Plasma centric - probably mostly dealing with them as flashbacks to the creation process (like in the start of the first movie).

For N to be in the movie they'd need to more or less have no character development so that it doesn't impact the anime's storyline in a real way. which would suck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    So I'd expect the Genesect plot in the movie to be totally unrelated to the one in the anime.

The anime seems driven by N's storyline, while I would imagine the movie would be more Plasma centric - probably mostly dealing with them as flashbacks to the creation process (like in the start of the first movie).
    We know from the preview that N is going to see learn about Genesect at the P2 Lab. Combined with the fact that Genesect is featured in anime-related (as opposed to movie-related) merchandise, it is safe to assume that it will have a role in Episode N. So in that sense, the movie is probably going to be related to the anime to some extent, as Genesect's resurrection will most likely be addressed in the latter. But that doesn't mean that the movie will be N-centric or Plasma-centric. As long as Genesect escapes from Team Plasma before the movie premiere (as was the case with Mewtwo), it could just end up tracking down the Red Genesect, which might have been resurrected by someone other than Team Plasma.
    Last edited by Silktree; 6th January 2013 at 11:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, part of the mystery is over. We are DEFINITELY getting a gen 6 poke in here, but we got no random poke from our first batch. They're still keeping what's going to pop up here a surprise for now. At least whatever shows up won't be what we get our first impressions of the gen on. Could be still get a Lucario-alike? Or will they forgo that since we got the starters first?
    Step into the Fairy circle

Post Thanks / Like

XY seems to have a DNA theme, and Genesect is a genetically modified Pokemon... Considering Red Genesect will probably have a "transfer to XY to unlock so-and-so" gimmick like the Crown Beasts, I wonder if it's more than a coincidence. Perhaps the secret star will also be a genetically modified Pokemon, and blue to go with Red Genesect and form a blue/red XY promotion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    XY seems to have a DNA theme, and Genesect is a genetically modified Pokemon... Considering Red Genesect will probably have a "transfer to XY to unlock so-and-so" gimmick like the Crown Beasts, I wonder if it's more than a coincidence. Perhaps the secret star will also be a genetically modified Pokemon, and blue to go with Red Genesect and form a blue/red XY promotion.
    As far as I could tell, Genesect's a cyborg rather than a genetically spliced Pokémon like Mewtwo.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    As far as I could tell, Genesect's a cyborg rather than a genetically spliced Pokémon like Mewtwo.
    Genesect. While it's primarily a cyborg, there's more to being one than just having mechanical parts slapped on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Genesect. While it's primarily a cyborg, there's more to being one than just having mechanical parts slapped on.
    The "Gene" part is more of a censorship than anything, especially when Genocide is a harsh word for children 10 and up.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So I guess one of those new legendaries in the game trailer might be in this movie alongside Genosect?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The "Gene" part is more of a censorship than anything, especially when Genocide is a harsh word for children 10 and up.
    According to Dogasu, "Genosect" is the correct romanization of Genesect's Japanese name, even though the official romanization is "Genesect". It does seem that the name may have been censored.

Anyway, Scientist Dudley never said anything about altering Genesect's DNA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    According to Dogasu, "Genosect" is the correct romanization of Genesect's Japanese name, even though the official romanization is "Genesect". It does seem that the name may have been censored.

Anyway, Scientist Dudley never said anything about altering Genesect's DNA.
    ゲノセクト - Genosect
    ゲノム - Genome
    ジェノサイド - Genocide

There is no censorship, just Game Freak being silly with the official romanization again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    So I guess one of those new legendaries in the game trailer might be in this movie alongside Genosect?
    I doubt it. They would probably get a movie to themselves like Reshiram/Zekrom did. I still think that Genesect is due for either a new forme or brand new origin species altogether, especially since it might even fit with the possible Gen 6 theme.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I doubt that as well. They'll save the legendaries for their own movie once we move onto the next series. I still think that they'll reveal a new Pokemon when they release the next poster to co-star with Genosect.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Doesn't Genesect stand for "genetic insect?" It makes the most sense that way.

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast