Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    I mean if the word that's being talked about also refers to said move which in English is "Extremespeed" then wouldn't it cause a huge headache to refer solely to the meaning behind the move, rather than the move itself.
    Key word here being "if." Right now, we don't know one way or the other.

Assuming that the title refers to the pokemon move and nothing else is kind of jumping the gun at this point.

why use "shinsoku" (that's the word, right?)
    They used 神速, not しんそく. In my opinion they're going for a word that's the same without actually being the same, if that makes any sense.
    ArginX likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    why use "shinsoku" (that's the word, right?)
    They used 神速, not しんそく. In my opinion they're going for a word that's the same without actually being the same, if that makes any sense.
    Okay I get it, it looks like then like they aren't using "extremespeed" the move then. If they are describing it differently than the Pokémon move.

But isn't (copying and pasting) 神速 enough proof that it doesn't refer to the move. (Not that I'm saying it won't have the move). Or is this whole argument about whether Genesect will actually have Extremespeed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I'd only put stock in the hidden clock. One of the two missing keychains could simply be Dragonite.
    Now that you mention it, I wonder why Dragonite isn't with the other keychains. And if there really are two Pokemon, why isn't there another silhouetted clock...? Weird.

The Eevee short will in all likelihood render a Zorua-like Pokémon pointless. I could easily see just one Pokémon debuting in the movie, with anyone else (in particular a new Eeveelution) being reserved for the short.
    I was thinking that the possible second Pokemon is a new Eeveelution, and it would be the one fulfilling a Zorua-like role (that is to say, a "cutesy" new Pokemon to contrast whatever will debut in the movie itself). It would work well visually, with the main new Pokemon and new Eeveelution side-by-side on the different posters.

Quote Originally Posted by moa View Post
    Genesect drive in the poster seems to be glowing green but in the merchandise is the yellow drive - shock drive,
    there isn't any drive that is green in color, right?

is this a correct assumption?,(I am a little colorblind between greens and blues transition)
    Speaking of that glow, if you look closely it's not just the Drive. Genesect's entire cannon has a faint green outline. I'm not sure whether to consider this foreshadowing of some plot/future game point, or just meaningless aesthetic flare for the poster.

Blog Entries

So the "shinsoku" here is like how the Dragon Force in the Victini movie was called "Dragon Pulse" in japanese, then?

At any rate, until we have a better idea of what this title is supposed to be referring to, I'm gonna go with "High-speed Genesect". Seems good enough.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Looks like Charizard's officially rejoining the Party for a good while
    (show that poser Dragonite how it's done!)
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Looks like Charizard's officially rejoining the Party for a good while
    (show that poser Dragonite how it's done!)
    Honestly... I'm hoping Kairyuu one ups Lizardon. Lizardon got its focus and development before while Kairyuu is a Best Wishes character still going through its focus and development; Lizardon will hopefully support that development than overshadow it.

Blog Entries

EDIT: I think that the movie will have a very close relationship with the anime. The reason are the mvoei merchandise, the poster of N, the presence fo Team Plasma and the setting of the movie.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blogs/63756/why-genesect-movie-anime-will-berelated-%5Bunconfirmed%5D-55347/
    Last edited by Nymphia; 4th January 2013 at 04:22 PM.

Blog Entries

It's been confirmed N isn't in the movie though. So I don't see it being tired directly into the anime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    It's been confirmed N isn't in the movie though. So I don't see it being tired directly into the anime.
    @Musashi, we don't know this information 7 months before a movie airs. And the VA List is only a standard voice cast list. If N is set to appear, I think that we could find the new information later.

Blog Entries

I was hesitant to say anything in relation to recent developments because it would be as if to flat out say I know what's going to be revealed before it is. I obviously have no such information and nothing is certain. I know most would agree on what my assessment is, but for now, I will at least appear to be fair and say that it's still up in the air what is going to happen. We don't even know how Episode N will play out, other than it has to last up to July at least. The announcement is sure to have an impact on what the anime is going to do regardless, and even the movie since they promote the most recent game as well. (or at least a game that is close to releasing) We don't know what that impact will be yet, though.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    @Musashi, we don't know this information 7 months before a movie airs. And the VA List is only a standard voice cast list. If N is set to appear, I think that we could find the new information later.
    N is part of the main cast. If he's not listed, he's not in it.

Blog Entries

N is part of the main cast. If he's not listed, he's not in it.
    Like Team Rocket appeared in the VA List although we know that Team Rocket don't have a speaking role in the Keldeo movie. And in the VA List Axew doesn't appear here and we know that it's apearing in the movie. @Musashi, this isn't the TV Tokyo VA List that we know that have all the voice actors.

I don't say that the movie will be like a episode of the anime. What I'm saying is that the movie will have a relation with Episode N. Meaning that Team Plasma (including N) will have a role in it.

The movie screams Genesect vs Red Genesect vs Pokemon A or Genesect vs Red Genesect + Pokemon A

Blog Entries

Like Team Rocket appeared in the VA List although we know that Team Rocket don't have a speaking role in the Keldeo movie.
    They weren't in the VA list.

And in the VA List Axew doesn't appear here and we know that it's apearing in the movie.
    Not the same thing.

I don't say that the movie will be like a episode of the anime. What I'm saying is that the movie will have a relation with Episode N. Meaning that Team Plasma (including N) will have a role in it.
    And I'm still saying it wont because we know N isn't in the movie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    They weren't in the VA list.
    They were on the VA List on the Keldeo movie. I just checked on Bulbapedia and Team Rocket's VA appears in it.

And I'm still saying it wont because we know N isn't in the movie.
    You know that N won't be in the movie because a 30-second teaser (that won't make into the final team) with so little information where Iris and Cialn doesn't appear N doesn't appear.

Blog Entries

They were on the VA List on the Keldeo movie. I just checked on Bulbapedia and Team Rocket's VA appears in it.
    M15 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

No they aren't.

You know that N won't be in the movie because a 30-second teaser (that won't make into the final team) with so little information where Iris and Cialn doesn't appear N doesn't appear.
    Again, it's because he's not listed in the VA list.

Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast