PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 25

Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 1030
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

  1. #361
    ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    9,831
    Blog Entries
    24
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    I mean if the word that's being talked about also refers to said move which in English is "Extremespeed" then wouldn't it cause a huge headache to refer solely to the meaning behind the move, rather than the move itself.
    Key word here being "if." Right now, we don't know one way or the other.

    Assuming that the title refers to the pokemon move and nothing else is kind of jumping the gun at this point.

    why use "shinsoku" (that's the word, right?)
    They used 神速, not しんそく. In my opinion they're going for a word that's the same without actually being the same, if that makes any sense.
    ArginX likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

    | My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

  2. #362
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,211
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    why use "shinsoku" (that's the word, right?)
    They used 神速, not しんそく. In my opinion they're going for a word that's the same without actually being the same, if that makes any sense.
    Okay I get it, it looks like then like they aren't using "extremespeed" the move then. If they are describing it differently than the Pokémon move.

    But isn't (copying and pasting) 神速 enough proof that it doesn't refer to the move. (Not that I'm saying it won't have the move). Or is this whole argument about whether Genesect will actually have Extremespeed or not?

  3. #363
    Lurker Zistal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    417

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I'd only put stock in the hidden clock. One of the two missing keychains could simply be Dragonite.
    Now that you mention it, I wonder why Dragonite isn't with the other keychains. And if there really are two Pokemon, why isn't there another silhouetted clock...? Weird.

    The Eevee short will in all likelihood render a Zorua-like Pokémon pointless. I could easily see just one Pokémon debuting in the movie, with anyone else (in particular a new Eeveelution) being reserved for the short.
    I was thinking that the possible second Pokemon is a new Eeveelution, and it would be the one fulfilling a Zorua-like role (that is to say, a "cutesy" new Pokemon to contrast whatever will debut in the movie itself). It would work well visually, with the main new Pokemon and new Eeveelution side-by-side on the different posters.

    Quote Originally Posted by moa View Post
    Genesect drive in the poster seems to be glowing green but in the merchandise is the yellow drive - shock drive,
    there isn't any drive that is green in color, right?

    is this a correct assumption?,(I am a little colorblind between greens and blues transition)
    Speaking of that glow, if you look closely it's not just the Drive. Genesect's entire cannon has a faint green outline. I'm not sure whether to consider this foreshadowing of some plot/future game point, or just meaningless aesthetic flare for the poster.

  4. #364
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    So the "shinsoku" here is like how the Dragon Force in the Victini movie was called "Dragon Pulse" in japanese, then?

    At any rate, until we have a better idea of what this title is supposed to be referring to, I'm gonna go with "High-speed Genesect". Seems good enough.

  5. #365
    Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,056
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    Looks like Charizard's officially rejoining the Party for a good while
    (show that poser Dragonite how it's done!)
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

  6. #366
    Cuter in real life Iteru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    10,733
    Blog Entries
    86

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Looks like Charizard's officially rejoining the Party for a good while
    (show that poser Dragonite how it's done!)
    Honestly... I'm hoping Kairyuu one ups Lizardon. Lizardon got its focus and development before while Kairyuu is a Best Wishes character still going through its focus and development; Lizardon will hopefully support that development than overshadow it.

  7. #367
    Registered User Nymphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Waiting for XY.
    Posts
    464
    Blog Entries
    36

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    EDIT: I think that the movie will have a very close relationship with the anime. The reason are the mvoei merchandise, the poster of N, the presence fo Team Plasma and the setting of the movie.

    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blogs/63756/why-genesect-movie-anime-will-berelated-%5Bunconfirmed%5D-55347/
    Last edited by Nymphia; 4th January 2013 at 04:22 PM.

  8. #368
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    It's been confirmed N isn't in the movie though. So I don't see it being tired directly into the anime.

  9. #369
    Registered User Nymphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Waiting for XY.
    Posts
    464
    Blog Entries
    36

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    It's been confirmed N isn't in the movie though. So I don't see it being tired directly into the anime.
    @Musashi, we don't know this information 7 months before a movie airs. And the VA List is only a standard voice cast list. If N is set to appear, I think that we could find the new information later.

  10. #370
    XXXXXXXXXX Dragon Char's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tower of Mastery
    Posts
    4,815
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    I was hesitant to say anything in relation to recent developments because it would be as if to flat out say I know what's going to be revealed before it is. I obviously have no such information and nothing is certain. I know most would agree on what my assessment is, but for now, I will at least appear to be fair and say that it's still up in the air what is going to happen. We don't even know how Episode N will play out, other than it has to last up to July at least. The announcement is sure to have an impact on what the anime is going to do regardless, and even the movie since they promote the most recent game as well. (or at least a game that is close to releasing) We don't know what that impact will be yet, though.
    Step into the Fairy circle

  11. #371
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    It's been confirmed N isn't in the movie though. So I don't see it being tired directly into the anime.
    @Musashi, we don't know this information 7 months before a movie airs. And the VA List is only a standard voice cast list. If N is set to appear, I think that we could find the new information later.
    N is part of the main cast. If he's not listed, he's not in it.

  12. #372
    Registered User Nymphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Waiting for XY.
    Posts
    464
    Blog Entries
    36

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    It's been confirmed N isn't in the movie though. So I don't see it being tired directly into the anime.
    @Musashi, we don't know this information 7 months before a movie airs. And the VA List is only a standard voice cast list. If N is set to appear, I think that we could find the new information later.
    N is part of the main cast. If he's not listed, he's not in it.
    Like Team Rocket appeared in the VA List although we know that Team Rocket don't have a speaking role in the Keldeo movie. And in the VA List Axew doesn't appear here and we know that it's apearing in the movie. @Musashi, this isn't the TV Tokyo VA List that we know that have all the voice actors.

    I don't say that the movie will be like a episode of the anime. What I'm saying is that the movie will have a relation with Episode N. Meaning that Team Plasma (including N) will have a role in it.

    The movie screams Genesect vs Red Genesect vs Pokemon A or Genesect vs Red Genesect + Pokemon A

  13. #373
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Like Team Rocket appeared in the VA List although we know that Team Rocket don't have a speaking role in the Keldeo movie.
    They weren't in the VA list.

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    And in the VA List Axew doesn't appear here and we know that it's apearing in the movie.
    Not the same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I don't say that the movie will be like a episode of the anime. What I'm saying is that the movie will have a relation with Episode N. Meaning that Team Plasma (including N) will have a role in it.
    And I'm still saying it wont because we know N isn't in the movie.

  14. #374
    Registered User Nymphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Waiting for XY.
    Posts
    464
    Blog Entries
    36

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    They weren't in the VA list.
    They were on the VA List on the Keldeo movie. I just checked on Bulbapedia and Team Rocket's VA appears in it.

    And I'm still saying it wont because we know N isn't in the movie.
    You know that N won't be in the movie because a 30-second teaser (that won't make into the final team) with so little information where Iris and Cialn doesn't appear N doesn't appear.

  15. #375
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    They were on the VA List on the Keldeo movie. I just checked on Bulbapedia and Team Rocket's VA appears in it.
    M15 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

    No they aren't.

    You know that N won't be in the movie because a 30-second teaser (that won't make into the final team) with so little information where Iris and Cialn doesn't appear N doesn't appear.
    Again, it's because he's not listed in the VA list.

Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •