PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 23
Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    I'm nearly certain of it now. "Shinsoku Genesect" really is what is hinting at the unrevealed Pokemon; there isn't going to be a "VS" or "And" added.
    So what, you expect the new Pokémon and Red Genesect to somehow be one and the same? That wouldn't even work with your theory that ancient Genesect could be a separate species.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    So what, you expect the new Pokémon and Red Genesect to somehow be one and the same? That wouldn't even work with your theory that ancient Genesect could be a separate species.
    No. In fact, the way Red Genesect isn't even called Shinsoku Genesect could be considered a hint right there. In this crazy theory "Shinsoku Genesect" isn't referring to the shiny at all, but is in fact a descriptor for the unmodified species.

No. In fact, the way Red Genesect isn't even called Shinsoku Genesect could be considered a hint right there.
    They definitely expect us to think that Shinsoku Genesect is the Red Genesect judging from the poster and emphasis on speed in both cases. The "Genesect" characters in the title have the exact same colors as those of the Red Genesect.

In this crazy theory "Shinsoku Genesect" isn't referring to the shiny at all, but is in fact a descriptor for the unmodified species.
    Even if that were the case, why would a separate species have its own name and yet still be called Genesect? Mew certainly wasn't called "Pink Mewtwo: Mew".
    Last edited by Silktree; 17th December 2012 at 08:33 PM.

I know shinsoku could be considered a pun on Best Wishes
    ...what are you talking about? Are you going off that stupid "Godspeed" mistranslation Bulbapedia uses here?
    So.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    ...what are you talking about? Are you going off that stupid "Godspeed" mistranslation Bulbapedia uses here?
    Yes. How is it a mistranslation?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Yes. How is it a mistranslation?
    In every way possible. Shinsoku doesn't mean "godspeed", and is in no way a "pun on Best Wishes". Whomever "translated" that didn't have the slightest clue what the word godspeed means.

"Shinsoku" means "extreme speed", or more literally, "speed equal to that of the gods", "godly speed", "divine speed" or whatever. But not "godspeed".
    As any half-decent dictionary can tell you, the "speed" in "godspeed" means "prosperity", and wishing someone godspeed means to tell them you wish for God to grant them prosperity in life. The word has nothing to do with velocity.
    So.

Blog Entries

After a bit more of my standard pointless, obsessive thinking, I've finally come to the conclusion that there is indeed one other way they could expand the title. It lies with the Japanese 'no' particle, the particle of possession. In other words, the Red Genosect could be 'owned' by another Pokemon--perhaps Mewtwo, perhaps a new Pokemon. (Mewtwo would make sense, seeing as though it might feel for the Red Genosect, sharing the misfortune of existing for the sole purpose of being exploited by gangs.) Thus, the final title could very plausibly be 'Mewtwo's Shinsoku no Genosect' or 'Pokemon Y's Shinsoku no Genosect'.

A Pokémon belonging to another Pokémon would be too weird.

Considering that Mewtwo billed himself the "strongest Pokemon trainer" and commanded other Pokemon way back in M01... it might work.

The anime-related merchandise points to Mewtwo appearing in Episode N rather than the movie. I really don't see why they would make it the star of another movie; even Mew and Celebi (which were relevant due to remakes) were secondary to Lucario and Zoroark.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    A Pokémon belonging to another Pokémon would be too weird.
    Mewtwo's clones prefer the phrase 'abnormal'. Horrid jokes aside, think of, say, the Unknown bureaucracy collectively 'owning' the illusionary Entei.

Attempts to compare Pokemon to the class nature of Stalinism, aside... seriously, it's not unprecedented. And it can just as easily be a new Pokemon, and more likely will.

Well, it would be more interesting than seeing a second Genesect under Team Plasma's command, but it would be weird all the same.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Hmm...

Well...maybe if Team Plasma is defeated before the movie comes out, it'll turn out to be Ghetsis who's the real villain of the movie.

Highly unlikely, but it'd be a nice change of pace for these movie plots...

I think you're overthinking it, I highly doubt the "no" particle indicates possession there XD In that case, it would be the Genosect of the God-like Speed. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Blog Entries

No, I'm saying another 'no' particle could be added before the title. The 'no' in 'Shinsoku no Genosect' obviously cannot literally be 'Godlike Speed's Genosect'; what I am saying is that another Pokemon could be added to the title through a second 'no' particle as an 'owner' of Genosect, thus being something like 'Pokemon Y no Shinsoku no Genosect'.

Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast