PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 22

Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Axew gets left out of the cast list sometimes (perhaps more often than not). It's confirmed to be in the movie short, at any rate.

Blog Entries

Just hoping the short poster can change. XD

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I don't remember seeing its name listed.

Also, the Genosect poster and the short poster both had the same cast and staff credits copied / pasted on them.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Also, the Genosect poster and the short poster both had the same cast and staff credits copied / pasted on them.
    Same cast? That doesn't make much sense. I guess it's just a generic list.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Yeah, that's why I said "copy / pasted."
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Axew gets left out of the cast list sometimes (perhaps more often than not). It's confirmed to be in the movie short, at any rate.
    Though it would be cool if he didn't show up. He's to the BW movies what Togepi was to the OS ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    This is why I don't like "ExtremeSpeed Genesect" as a translation for 神速ゲノセクト - it implies that the "shinsoku" in the movie's title refers to the pokemon attack and nothing else. The truth is, shinsoku does not translate to "ExtremeSpeed" any more than, say, Speed Star translates to "Swift." The official site for the movie even defines shinsoku, treating it as its own unique word instead of as the name of a pokemon attack.
    Seeing as shinsoku is considered a special word rather than merely a reference to the move, and this title is oddly short, could ArginX really be on to something with his idea that it is the title hinting at a new Pokemon?

I know shinsoku could be considered a pun on Best Wishes, but is there any other special meaning to it?

Blog Entries

Of course there's going to be a new Pokemon. Gen 6 starts in the fall.

Blog Entries

The question is whether or not the current title actually refers to a new Pokémon, and I don't find that likely. "Shinsoku Genesect: Pokémon X" would be a clunky title. I think we can safely rule out the possibility that the Red Genesect is another Pokémon in disguise (even if they did repeat Movie 13, why would the Zoroark-like Pokémon be referred to as Genesect in the title?), and a Genesect Forme wouldn't have a unique name that would be added to the title (merely "Shinsoku Genesect" would suffice).

I'll go with the "Shinsoku Genesect VS Pokémon X" speculation. It's boring, but so what? The reason that the Movie 10 logo had the "VS" to begin with is obvious, whereas here the title would be blatantly incomplete if it ended with a "VS"; there is no reason why it couldn't be added later.
    Last edited by Silktree; 17th December 2012 at 04:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    As much as I believe that, there hasn't been any actual, official confirmation. Unless there was something I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    As much as I believe that, there hasn't been any actual, official confirmation. Unless there was something I missed.

soon.

it is just the way of the world.

we got zoroark in early february so expect something around then perhaps :D though i don't remember which month was the announcement of the new generation game coming out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    we got zoroark in early february so expect something around then perhaps :D though i don't remember which month was the announcement of the new generation game coming out.
    January 29th. It was announced by the official website and by a Nintendo press release at roughly the same time. I had hoped that Generation VI would be announced at Jump Festa by the end of this month, but now that seems unlikely since the event isn't being hyped.

Do you know when movie merchandise will start to be advertised?

I'll go with the "Shinsoku Genesect VS Pokémon X" speculation. It's boring, but so what? The reason that the Movie 10 logo had the "VS" to begin with is obvious, whereas here the title would be blatantly incomplete if it ended with a "VS"; there is no reason why it couldn't be added later.
    I doubt they're going to do another VS title right after the last movie. If they are going for that again, the VS ______ should already be in it just like the last one too. Many, many titles have been obviously incomplete and hinted at new Pokemon before... For the current initial title to just be "Shinsoku Genesect" with nothing else at all, and no tricks like the M10 title to justify such shortness, is very strange.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    I doubt they're going to do another VS title right after the last movie.
    Why not? No one is giving them points for creativity. It's the plot that they should be worried about rather than the title.

If they are going for that again, the VS ______ should already be in it just like the last one too.
    Due to the lack of plural form in Japanese, the original title could be interpreted as "Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordmen". They even confirmed back in December that the Musketeer trio were called Sacred Swordmen. So the title didn't hint at Keldeo to anyone who wasn't aware of its existence.

Many, many titles have been obviously incomplete and hinted at new Pokemon before...
    But at least they were grammatically correct. They weren't obviously incomplete to anyone who didn't know about the pattern.

For the current initial title to just be "Shinsoku Genesect" with nothing else at all, and no tricks like the M10 title to justify such shortness, is very strange.
    I really don't see a notable difference compared to the Movie 10 title. So what if the "VS" was there to begin with? By no means did "Dialga VS Palkia" imply that there would be a third Pokémon.

Why not? No one is giving them points for creativity. It's the plot that they should be worried about rather than the title.
    Because it would be pretty repetitive. Going by the distance between M10 and M15, it should be a while before we see another VS title.

Due to the lack of plural form in Japanese, the original title could be interpreted as "Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordmen". They even confirmed back in December that the Musketeer trio were called Sacred Swordmen. So the title didn't hint at Keldeo to anyone who wasn't aware of its existence.
    Fair enough.

But at least they were grammatically correct. They weren't obviously incomplete to anyone who didn't know about the pattern.
    Victini and the Black Hero.
    Ruler of Illusions Z.
    To a Conquering Spacetime.
    Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet.
    Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea.
    Mew and the Wave-Guiding Hero.
    Sky-Splitting Visitor.

These all seem obviously incomplete to me. Z in particular was so blatant it's almost obnoxious.

I really don't see a noticeable difference compared to the Movie 10 title. So what if the "VS" was there to begin with? By no means did "Dialga VS Palkia" imply that there would be a third Pokémon.
    The fact that the VS was already there made the "VS Darkrai" bit be added on more fluidly as a natural extension.

...It just hit me like a freight train. The last two titles given to end-of-Pokedex Pokemon.

Sky-Splitting Visitor: Deoxys.
    Arceus: To a Conquering Spacetime.

I'm nearly certain of it now. "Shinsoku Genesect" really is what is hinting at the unrevealed Pokemon; there isn't going to be a "VS" or "And" added. Though admittedly, perhaps that isn't applicable right now seeing as it's a new Pokemon to be revealed rather than the last known one.

Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast