PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 21
Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

And...I just thought of something.

Imagine Shoko voicing the Red Genesect. It would be just another tuesday for her, it would be our hell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm still trying to figure out how they're going to expand this title... They could give it the 'VS' treatment, but somehow I doubt that. The 'Dialga VS Palkia' title was easily expanded because they made sure to put the 'VS' sign in the middle of the logo, thereby making it 'Dialga VS Palkia VS Darkrai' just by adding Darkrai's name at the bottom. But this...? There's no indication in the title that a 'VS' would be added, and they always give a little subtle indication for what the final title will be. They could add a 'Pokemon Y and' 「ポケモンYと」 at the beginning of the title, but they've never done that before, either; the only time I can recall them retroactively changing the title to include a newly-revealed Pokemon before the title was 'Arceus: Choukoku no Jikuu e', but that title had no 'and' after 'Arceus'. I guess that doesn't mean that they can't do so this time, but there's absolutely zero indication for that to happen either. The only logical conclusion I can come to is that the 'God-speed Genosect' is indeed to be a new Pokemon--either another Pokemon in disguise (perhaps as an homage to the Zoroark movie, similarly to how they're making Genosect shiny as an homage to that movie) or simply the Ancient Genosect. Thus, the only logical final title would be something like 'God-speed Genosect: Pokemon Y'.

Oy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure that really applies. They could add anything they saw fit to to the title once it's revealed- a "vs something", an "and something", a... whatever else there is. There's precedent, yes, but there isn't really a formula they strictly have to keep to.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    If we're going by real life, most of the the critters during the Paleozoic were living in the water until the very end of that era.

It would be cool if ancient Genosect was a water-based insect. That would also give it a water vs. sky thing going on.
    Although insects are land-dwelling arthropods. If an arthropod lives in the ocean, it's a crustacean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    If we're going by real life, most of the the critters during the Paleozoic were living in the water until the very end of that era.

It would be cool if ancient Genosect was a water-based insect. That would also give it a water vs. sky thing going on.
    Although insects are land-dwelling arthropods. If an arthropod lives in the ocean, it's a crustacean.
    Oh ok, my mistake then.
    It would be cool if Ancient-Genosect was a sea scorpion or something. Those got reeeeally large back in the day!

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the official site now has artwork of Genesect in its normal and flight modes. I know it's supposedly not a real form, but they're sure trying to convince me otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Obviously the Flight form with be a Gen 6 exclusive new form with three times the speed of a normal Genesect. It'll be like speed-form Deoxys, except it's Genesect.

Post Thanks / Like

It just occurred to me:

-Ninjask
    -Accelgor
    -Shiny Genesect

Is the Bug type unofficially the GOTTA GO FAST type?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Obviously the Flight form with be a Gen 6 exclusive new form with three times the speed of a normal Genesect. It'll be like speed-form Deoxys, except it's Genesect.
    I find it hard that it's flight form would constitute its own separate "form" in future games other than maybe an interesting intro animation, let alone being a "speed forme" when each instance we've seen the Purple Genesect in the movie, it had also taken this form, and had been shown to be much slower than Red Genesect. The only reason Red Genesect is faster is, as the movie title suggests, its ability to use Extreme Speed.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's 3X faster because it's red.

Trust me on this one.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's just a Genesect that knows a move that it would not normally be able to use. I doubt there will be any new forms in Gen 6 (if there are even plans for a sixth generation by next year) related to Genesect. Like others have mentioned before, Genesect's flight "form" is probably the same notion as Golurk changing appearance when it starts to fly.

Post Thanks / Like

So? It's called Red Genesect? Not surprised but I would've preferred something different.

Has this been posted and does it say anything new?

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/comment/index.php
    Last edited by Playerking; 16th December 2012 at 03:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    It's just a Genesect that knows a move that it would not normally be able to use. I doubt there will be any new forms in Gen 6 (if there are even plans for a sixth generation by next year) related to Genesect. Like others have mentioned before, Genesect's flight "form" is probably the same notion as Golurk changing appearance when it starts to fly.
    Agreed. Some people may argue that Deoxys has had new forms in other games, but if I recall correctly, they were all from the same generation: Ru/Sa, Emerald, FR/LG.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I went to this signing Masuda Jun'ichi had today (it was awesome) and they had full sized versions of the movie posters hanging up on the walls. Looking up close, I could see that the VAs for Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu were listed on the poster along with Satoshi, Pikachu, Iris, Dent, and the narrator.

So I guess, unlike in the Keldeo film, they're going to have a speaking role in next year's movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage
    The only reason Red Genesect is faster is, as the movie title suggests, its ability to use Extreme Speed.
    This is why I don't like "ExtremeSpeed Genesect" as a translation for 神速ゲノセクト - it implies that the "shinsoku" in the movie's title refers to the pokemon attack and nothing else. The truth is, shinsoku does not translate to "ExtremeSpeed" any more than, say, Speed Star translates to "Swift." The official site for the movie even defines shinsoku, treating it as its own unique word instead of as the name of a pokemon attack.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on July 6th, 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    along with Satoshi, Pikachu, Iris, Dent, and the narrator.
    No Kibago?

Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast