PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 20

Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    So there will be two Genesect in this film? Wow, this is the first time that two members of the same legendary pokemon species will appear together in a film.
    Nope.

The Deoxys movie had two Deoxys in it as well.

And you could probably count the Celebi Movie (they were all the same Celebi, I guess though)

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I suspect the two Genesect will play an antagonistic role, with the protagonist Pokemon being revealed next year. Though I guess it's possible for the two to be in conflict with one another, with the original prototype being cast aside for the shiny new one or something.

The CGI is ugly as hell, but hey what else is new. At least they look cool.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I have high expectations for this movie. Hopefully, it'll have a great story plot as well.

Blog Entries

I find it terribly uninteresting that there are two Genesect in this movie, as if it weren't enough that the regular Genesect is getting a role in Episode N. I could understand featuring Genesect and its ancient counterpart in the same movie, but a shiny, faster version? If the ancient Genesect were to be introduced in this movie, there would be three Genesect, which would be ridiculous even if Game Freak to pass as off the ancient counterpart as a separate species (which they shouldn't, as the current Genesect is clearly identified with its ancient self). I guess that the shiny Genesect could somehow revert to an ancient form, but that would be rather random, too.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

You know how in the past few movies the crew do to a different real life place each year to base the movie location off of (ie. Florence, Barcelona, Norway, France in no order)? Have they revealed what location for this movie yet? So far it seems like "rocky desert + nondescript huge city" at the moment. Maybe Ash and co. go back to Castelia/Resort Desert?

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Blog Entries

^Central Park, according to Yuyama. At least from what I could make out.

Blog Entries

Did they actually confirm there would be 2 Genesect in the movie? Perhaps they just wanted to show a comparison of the shiny Genesect and the normal Genesect.

Can't wait for February now. That's when they usually have "big" movie news.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    Did they actually confirm there would be 2 Genesect in the movie? Perhaps they just wanted to show a comparison of the shiny Genesect and the normal Genesect.

Can't wait for February now. That's when they usually have "big" movie news.
    This trailer wouldn't have two different Genesect in it if it wasn't going to be like that....

I know, movie trailers tend to not look like the final product. But...this isn't something that would be cut out...
    moa likes this.

Blog Entries

While I don't see the regular Genesect being removed at this point, it will only play a minor role judging from the poster and even the trailer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    This trailer wouldn't have two different Genesect in it if it wasn't going to be like that....

I know, movie trailers tend to not look like the final product. But...this isn't something that would be cut out...
    So Zoroark transformed into an evil Satoshi with no tail?
    Duque, YamiiDenryuu and Dogasu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I find it terribly uninteresting that there are two Genesect in this movie, as if it weren't enough that the regular Genesect is getting a role in Episode N. I could understand featuring Genesect and its ancient counterpart in the same movie, but a shiny, faster version? If the ancient Genesect were to be introduced in this movie, there would be three Genesect, which would be ridiculous even if Game Freak to pass as off the ancient counterpart as a separate species (which they shouldn't, as the current Genesect is clearly identified with its ancient self). I guess that the shiny Genesect could somehow revert to an ancient form, but that would be rather random, too.
    They're already going overboard with the 'sects. I say bring in the ancient counterpart anyway. There are still four tubes unaccounted for in that lab N was in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    They're already going overboard with the 'sects. I say bring in the ancient counterpart anyway. There are still four tubes unaccounted for in that lab N was in.
    I say bring in an actually new Pokémon. I am not nearly as curious about the ancient Genesect as I am interested in the kinds of species that lived in its era.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I say bring in an actually new Pokémon. I am not nearly as curious about the ancient Genesect as I am interested in the kinds of species that lived in its era.
    Well, its era was of the giant arthropods...

Bug/Dragon arthropleura maybe? A rivalry between it and the Genesect bros. could be set up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Well, its era was of the giant arthropods...
    Not only them.

Bug/Dragon arthropleura maybe? A rivalry between it and the Genesect bros. could be set up.
    Possibly, but I think that would be a waste of potential considering that giant bugs also exist in modern times in the Pokémon world. I'd rather see one of the earliest cynodonts. Granted, they only appeared around 260 million years ago, but I doubt that Game Freak or the movie writers would find that a problem.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

If we're going by real life, most of the the critters during the Paleozoic were living in the water until the very end of that era.

It would be cool if ancient Genosect was a water-based insect. That would also give it a water vs. sky thing going on.

Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast