Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Then what kind of merchandise is it?
    pkmncollectors: new zukans!

Just zukan figures.

Set to come out when the movie's advertisement will really kick in.
    It's really more February when things start moving because we'll find out the full title of the movie. But even then that's too early for movie stuff to come out.

The platform the figure is on resembles part of the rocky wasteland shown in the teaser and movie screenshot. Looks like movie related to merchandise to me, but then again I can't read Japanese and am unfamiliar with how pre-movie toy schedules go. *shrugs*
    If it was movie merchandise it would say so. We wont even know the first half of the title until December.
    Oh how disappointing. And I actually thought I might have noticed some genuine evidence of Team Plasma appearing... Time is running out for them, and this movie seems like one of the last opportunities for them too show up before it's too late.

Now to play the waiting game again. God I hope the first info/title in December confirms them.

Default 2013 Movie 16: First Poster Coming Soon, and Genesect?

Pokemon Sunday seemed to confirmed Genesect will indeed be a main movie Pokemon, and by next week we seem to be getting a first poster.

Stay tuned! We might actually have that poster? Or image? Whatever it was, by Monday.

edit: redundant thread! sorry!
    Last edited by sunyshore; 8th December 2012 at 06:39 PM.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2013 Movie 16: First Poster Coming Soon, and Genesect?

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    Pokemon Sunday seemed to confirmed Genesect will still be a main movie Pokemon, and by next week we seem to be getting a first poster.

Stay tuned! We might actually have that poster? Or image? Whatever it was, by Monday.
    If Genosect is the star its safe to there will be no 6th gen next year after all. I guess 3DS development is more work for Gamefreak.

Good it gives them plenty of time to have Ash return to Kanto after the N arc, rechallenge the Indigo league and win, and then enter a Champion league.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    If Genosect is the star its safe to there will be no 6th gen next year after all. I guess 3DS development is more work for Gamefreak.

Good it gives them plenty of time to have Ash return to Kanto after the N arc, rechallenge the Indigo league and win, and then enter a Champion league.

i dont know about the star -- usually something else will be brought in as the star. i don't think it is safe to say this means no Gen 6 at all. i am quite positive we're certain get gen 6 with this movie.

also if there is already a thread for this movie just delete this, i just didn't see one with a quick look!
    Last edited by sunyshore; 9th December 2012 at 04:48 AM.
    UnovaCastaway and ArginX like this.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Sunday seemed to confirmed Genesect will indeed be a main movie Pokemon, and by next week we seem to be getting a first poster.

Bringing this back because important news.

ポケモンスマッシュ! - YouTube

yeah i am so used to there not being movie threads yet i just made them all over in my usual excitement. you can just delete it!

so since genesect will also be in the anime, for sure? he could be the first movie pokemon to ACTUALLY be in the anime (not just be alluded to heavily for an episode's plot, i mean show up and be in many episodes) and then also be in a movie.

what are the chances of this movie being a canon continuation of the anime somehow? not saying i expect it, just musing. impossible? possible? meh?

Finally the time is almost here.

Come on, title hinting at Gen VI.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Threads merged, so now you can continue your convo from the last thread if you want.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Is the Genesect news being revealed today?

edit: looks like Pokemon Smash already aired in Japan. oops.

Blog Entries

what are the chances of this movie being a canon continuation of the anime somehow? not saying i expect it, just musing. impossible? possible? meh?
    It's possible, but I just find it very unlikely that the movie will be treated as the culmination of Episode N. It makes more sense for Genesect's relationship with Team Plasma to be explored on the show, with the movie focusing on its ancient origin. If N really joins Ash for the entire season, then I expect to see him in the movie, as well. But I doubt that Ghetsis or Colress will have a bigger role in the movie than Giovanni did in Movie 1, which is to say that they will only appear in the prologue if at all.

We know from the games that N was against Genesect being altered. Perhaps this movie will have N undo the experiment to unlock Genesect's true self. Genesect will have already escaped from Team Plasma by then.

Visit Scarftail's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    If Genosect is the star its safe to there will be no 6th gen next year after all. I guess 3DS development is more work for Gamefreak. Good it gives them plenty of time to have Ash return to Kanto after the N arc, rechallenge the Indigo league and win, and then enter a Champion league.
    Just wondering, if you're convinced about what you're saying, then how do you think they can they extend Gen V for another two years (unless nothing comes out during that time frame)? I doubt they'll release any more DS games since Masuda even admitted that Nintendo was upset with BW2 being released on the DS. By the way, "a main movie Pokemon" doesn't mean it is "the main movie Pokemon." Unless I'm missing something here, I think it's safe to assume Genesect is one of two or more stars. Also, I'm not attacking your opinion, but rather considering the possibilities under your outlook on this matter.
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Scarftail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    If Genosect is the star its safe to there will be no 6th gen next year after all. I guess 3DS development is more work for Gamefreak. Good it gives them plenty of time to have Ash return to Kanto after the N arc, rechallenge the Indigo league and win, and then enter a Champion league.
    Just wondering, if you're convinced about what you're saying, then how do you think they can they extend Gen V for another two years (unless nothing comes out during that time frame)? I doubt they'll release any more DS games since Masuda even admitted that Nintendo was upset with BW2 being released on the DS. By the way, "a main movie Pokemon" doesn't mean it is "the main movie Pokemon." Unless I'm missing something here, I think it's safe to assume Genesect is one of two or more stars. Also, I'm not attacking your opinion, but rather considering the possibilities under your outlook on this matter.
    they could just bring in RSE remakes

Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

If that screen in this poster is any indication (though don't bet too much on it), Episode N may tie into the movie.

Though that would be a little strange. We haven't had a movie connect to the show since the first one (no, I'm not counting the references to Movie 2 in the Baby Lugia arc), and even then that really didn't work out. Here's hoping that someone doesn't press the reset button in this movie's climax...

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1. Would LOVE to see the next movie tie into the TV show for the first time in ages.

2. There is certainly hope for a Gen VI Pokemon to be in this, even if they only mention Genesect at first. Remember, for M15 the original poster was Kyurem and the Three Musketeers. They didn't even hint at Gen V until the February before M13, and the games were released in Japan that September. The Gen VI Pokemon doesn't necessarily have to take center stage, (*unrealistically hoping for Genesect vs Mewtwo*) it could have a similar side role like the Munchlax in M7.

I am a little leery about why it's almost mid-December and they haven't even given us a preliminary title (spent more time announcing Episode N). It's probably something big though.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post

If Genosect was the main star of the movie, I don't think it would have been revealed first. They would have kept it a secret or have older Pokemon during the initial trailer, similar to how they had Lugia vs. Ho-Oh for the Zoroark movie. I also can't really see them extending the fifth generation for that much longer since I imagine that both Nintendo and Gamefreak would want to get the first main series games on the 3DS and I don't think that they would want to release remakes as the first main series games on the 3DS, although I certainly wouldn't mind R/S remakes. Besides that, I really can't see them having Ash rechallenge any league that he participated in in the past, let alone the first one, and I honestly don't think that interested in getting Ash into a Champion League at all.

Anyway, I think that tying the movie to the N arc would be pretty interesting and it could help to make the movie stand out. It would also make it more likely for N to appear, which would just make the movie more awesome for me.
    Rex Kamex likes this.

Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast