PREVIEW: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" - Page 11

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: M16 "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Genesect in Movie 16

"Genesect and Team Plasma vs Tedious Title: Gen VI Pokemon" Calling it now.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

im sencing genesect and this movie being *cough* mewtwo 2.0*cough*

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

I can kinda see it...

Mad Scientist: Behold, I have used ground breaking genetic science to create the most powerful Pokemon ever!

Mewtwo: Ah hells nah! Ya'll stealin' my shit!

*epic battle*
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why do people keep thinking Mewtwo is coming back? Seems entirely unlikely to me.

Blog Entries

The similarity most likely, but I don't see the point, either. If something is to battle Genesect, it would have to be part of the promotion, and I already weeded out why an old poke can't be alongside Genesect. If you're suggesting that Mewtwo is somehow more important than Genesect, then you would be flat out wrong. Even if we put Mewtwo in place of Genesect as somehow being connected to another game, that still doesn't make sense because one would never be favored over the other. It can't just be Genesect and Mewtwo because every movie has has a "new" pokemon in some way (except for 3). Furthermore, in context of previous appearances of Mewtwo, it has little reason to antagonize Genesect itself, but rather it's creator. Even then, he'd just blast them to kingdom come and that'd be it. The only reason the pokemon would have to fight each other is either Genesect is programmed to and can't help itself, or it's a berserker and doesn't care.

EDIT: I realized a flaw in my reasoning. Victini was distributed before it's movie, so it can't really be said to be "new", implying that people see Genesect as the "new" pokemon here. I will stress that the second distribution of Victini was because they didn't give it V-Create in the game itself, so this matter can still be considered "new" in some regard. Genesect has no secret move to offer, nor any other secrets in the current games. A new game, then? Maybe, but then why the redundancy when we know they can use the fateful encounter tag twice? Just to have a movie specific moveset? I will not consider any of this to be "new".
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 12th July 2012 at 11:51 AM.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Why do people keep thinking Mewtwo is coming back? Seems entirely unlikely to me.
    I agree. It seems very unlikely, but it would be very cool (as long as Genesect wins the battle, of course).

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2012/07/120714_g01.html?i001=news

Image from the trailer that was shown :)

Visit Scarftail's Youtube Channel

Guys, while I'm in full support of Gen VI starting next year and R/S remakes not happening until after Gen VI begins (though I prefer for them not to happen at all), I'm gonna try to be pessimistic and see how you guys challenge it. What if they simply release R/S remakes on the 3DS for Gen V??? There's no way they'll release any more Pokemon games on the DS since a ton of Nintendo representatives seem to be against that, so it's either Gen V remakes of R/S on the 3DS or Gen VI on the 3DS. That's essentially confirmed unless Game Freak doesn't mind irritating Nintendo further. Also, another thing to add to my pessimistic comments that I'm eager to find out how such comments would be challenged: Arceus, the final event legendary of Gen IV, was leaked one and a half years prior to Gen V and starred in its movie around five months after its reveal. So, if this pattern was kept in place (who knows how likely that is...), this would mean that Genesect's movie would air in late 2012 (December?) and Gen VI would debut in late 2013 or early 2014. Obviously, feel free to correct me on this pattern.
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

Blog Entries

Well, the news states that Genesect IS starring, so that's one thing out the window. I still find it to be unnecessary, but perhaps there is more to what they're doing with Genesect. This changes little because now it's only one of two possibilities, one assuming that Genesect is the new pokemon, and the other that assumes it's not important and the second promo IS. Since Genesect is not a poke being "revealed", as in added to the title later, I'm still going with the latter, even though Genesect is still being given two distributions.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Well, the news states that Genesect IS starring, so that's one thing out the window. I still find it to be unnecessary, but perhaps there is more to what they're doing with Genesect. This changes little because now it's only one of two possibilities, one assuming that Genesect is the new pokemon, and the other that assumes it's not important and the second promo IS. Since Genesect is not a poke being "revealed", as in added to the title later, I'm still going with the latter, even though Genesect is still being given two distributions.
    Didn't they say the Legendary Beast were going to star in Movie 13? But then Zoroark came out and stole the spotlight I think the same think will happen again with Jirachi or some kind of Gen VI Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarftail View Post
    Also, another thing to add to my pessimistic comments that I'm eager to find out how such comments would be challenged: Arceus, the final event legendary of Gen IV, was leaked one and a half years prior to Gen V and starred in its movie around five months after its reveal. So, if this pattern was kept in place (who knows how likely that is...), this would mean that Genesect's movie would air in late 2012 (December?) and Gen VI would debut in late 2013 or early 2014. Obviously, feel free to correct me on this pattern.
    Yes, but the trailer for the 16th movie that leaked today already confirmed a theatrical release in the summer of 2013. So a late 2012 release is not going to happen.

Blog Entries

The teaser was... amazing. Suddenly I like Genesect a whole lot more that I did before. I hate the fact that it probably won't be until next year until we finally get to see some more of it. :/
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Genesect looks awesome. Really. It looks AWESOME!!

I need more of this movie.

Blog Entries

I know it's never going to happen, like, ever, but I long for a Genesect vs. Mewtwo movie with Team Plasma actually doing something. Mewtwo is never going to appear again, and Team Plasma is never going to appear again, but god, I want it so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

ポケモン映画公式サイト「キュレムVS聖剣士 ケルディオ」同時上映「メロエッタのキラキラリサイタル」

Pardon my bumping, but it seems the movie site has put up an HD version of the movie preview on their site.

Yes. Finally. Now we can actually see Genesect flying.

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast