REVIEW: "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster Justin View Post
    nah do it how you do it lisa it adds charm when you give thoughts about the parts you like, just bold the parts that aren't like that ;p
    Yeah, that sounds like a good idea too, Justin. ^^

Blog Entries

It was so much fun seeing this in English. ^_^

Voice acting was 125%. I adored it. Everyone rocked my face off.

Combined with the storyline and the character sketches, I'd have to put this in my top 3 Pokemon movies.

I loved how the end theme screamed "Eighties Rock Ballad!!" XD I'll have to get an MP3 of it.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Quote Originally Posted by maddiejoan View Post
    Don't really know what to add. Lucario is far and a way my favorite of the Pokemon movies --it had a very Narnia feel to me. It was also a very bittersweet movie for me , personally, to watch.

But one portion of the song really sums up very well how I feel about my own relationship with Meowth.

"We will meet again, we will meet again (we will meet again)

I will search the whole world over, if that’s what I must do
    I’ll follow every winding road, just to be with you
    I got a dream that I just can’t ignore, before I am through I will open every door"

I sort of picture (my version of) Meowth joining me as I lay frozen in a crystal, if that makes any sense.
    When i think about the title, "We will meet again" could make perfect SOVA theme song xD

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Just got my copy of the DVD at the local Target...
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Can I have the dub names of characters? I know the Japanese names were English-like but I DO NOT Believe that 4Kids could let character be named "Kid" or "Banks"!

Hah! I knew that Oludoran is named Cameran Palace in English. I knew it MUCH before the release of movie (and even posted it in Serebii's Japanese -English Reference Thread) because it was mentioned in the sneak preview of the comic version on Chuang Yi. Chuang Yi released the Comic adaptation more before release of US Version of the movie version! If someone bought the copy earlier we would know Manene's and Manyura's English names earlier, much earlier. I'm pretty sure that Chuang Yi contacted 4Kids for these names.
    Last edited by Maxim Posthumus; 21st September 2006 at 12:53 PM.

Pie
    Blog Entries

I think I might go and see if Best Buy has this movie in a while... I absolutely loved the Japanese, and I know I'm going to love the dub, especially hearing the positive feedback for it already.

Also - is Aaron still called Aaron (or some other spelling of such name)? I'm just curious. He's definitely high-ranking on my list of my favorite Pokémon guys. So cool and so sexy. If Ash grows up to look like that? And still spends a lot of time with Brock, who I feel is similarly hot? Watch out, women of the Pokémon world...
    By reading this, you have given me temporary control of your mind.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim
    Can I have the dub names of characters? I know the Japanese names were English-like but I DO NOT Believe that 4Kids could let character be named "Kid" or "Banks"!
    The only name changes I've come across is the aforementioned Cameron Palace and the old queen (Leen -> Rin). Kid and Banks keep their Japanese names.

I've compared about the first 40 minutes of the movie, and so far so good. The only comlaint I have is the cropping to fullscreen 4Kids did...that's bugging the shit out of me at the moment.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    The only name changes I've come across is the aforementioned Cameron Palace and the old queen (Leen -> Rin). Kid and Banks keep their Japanese names.

I've compared about the first 40 minutes of the movie, and so far so good. The only comlaint I have is the cropping to fullscreen 4Kids did...that's bugging the shit out of me at the moment.
    I found this film in parts in youtube. Yes. Cameran Palace is named the same as in Chuang Yi's Comic adaptation (I'm sure they contacted 4Kids for the names), I heard Kid keep her first name (Not sure about her last name but I bet it will be Sommers like in Japanese Version), I also know Aaron (I didn't expect Arlon), I heard Ailyn (Japanese again) but I didn't even notice "Rin".

Thanks Dogasu.

Man, this is first time I'm NOT happy that they leave Japanese names of Characters alone. Kid sounds horrible! Tell me 4Kids, how could you leave this!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I found this film in parts in youtube. Yes. Cameran Palace is named the same as in Chuang Yi's Comic adaptation (I'm sure they contacted 4Kids for the names), I heard Kid keep her first name (Not sure about her last name but I bet it will be Sommers like in Japanese Version), I also know Aaron (I didn't expect Arlon), I heard Ailyn (Japanese again) but I didn't even notice "Rin".

Thanks Dogasu.

Man, this is first time I'm NOT happy that they leave Japanese names of Characters alone. Kid sounds horrible! Tell me 4Kids, how could you leave this!!!!!!!!!
    Oh please, stop complaiging...their damned if they do, and damned if they don't. I like Kid actually, it gives here that secret operative auroa about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post

Awesomeness. I'm glad your enjoying it, like I said I think this was such an awesome bang to go out on.

Although this might be a paint edit this might not be, I noticed that the candy wrapper clearly says chocolate, perhaps that was in the orignal too.

Got it on DVD at Toys R US ^_^
    ...I'll get to Mastermind when I have time.

I got one of those moments while watching the end credits too ...like wow...this is it, gone are the VAs. I know it already happened, but just seeing Ash and co walk away with the song and what not just solidified it. :(
    Last edited by Pokemaster Justin; 21st September 2006 at 02:37 PM.

Kid and Guy are the dumbest name to give a child, seriously.

Pie
    Blog Entries

Uh, Guy is a real French name, you realize. It's not pronounced like the word guy, but it is a widely accepted name.
    By reading this, you have given me temporary control of your mind.

I know, but it bothers me like that one guy in the dub of the Grovyle/Exploud episode...pronuced Guy...it would get confusing imo.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Although according to the captions, it was Gai.

Blog Entries

I tend to agree with arguements against 4Kids, but that's just plain stupid, sorry to say. x.x

Anyway, not sure if someone asked this or not, but was it said Lucario "dies" or does he "pass on" or whatever?
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Lucario doesn't die...

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast