REVIEW: "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jake View Post
    Is this movie selling out like hot cakes or what? Seriously I've been to every store and they all say its sold out. I was even so desperate I went to my local rental store and their all checked out of it as well.
    Well, I'm not exactly sure what's going on, Daniel Jake. I'm a bit confused over this as well, because it doesn't make any sense how this movie is so hard to find.

But, if my experience in high school Economics class taught me anything, then I'm thinking it might be one of these reasons:

A) They didn't order enough copies of the 8th movie for distribution, and now they've got a big shortage on their hands. O_O

B) The movie has just been selling out like crazy, cause everyone wants to have it.

And I'm not exactly sure which one it is, but I'm gonna go with A. I have a feeling there's been some kinda shortage or something.

Why else would all these stores, in many different states, be selling out of the movie so fast?

And also, with some places, they didn't get the movie in the store at all (which makes me think that either the movie didn't arrive yet, or they just have a MAJOR shortage on their hands).

Wow, now all of a sudden I am being reminded of the PS2 shortage that all the stores had when the system first came out.

Oh god, I hope this won't be as bad as that problem was.

I sure hope they correct this problem (whatever it is) and that they do it soon. No one seems to be able to find the 8th movie anywhere, and that's really strange.
    Last edited by Trainer Lisa; 20th September 2006 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerLisa View Post
    A) They didn't order enough copies of the 8th movie for distribution, and now they've got a big shortage on their hands.

B) The movie has just been selling out like crazy, cause everyone wants to have it.
    I would say B. because that's what they told me and I saw cardboard stand ups. and posters where the DVD's were, with sold out written on them. So make of that what you will, it depends on the stores, but I'm sure they'll have more in few day.

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

It's also highly possible that they underestimated demand. Sad but true, this happens a lot...

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

My theory is that the people in charge of getting the DVD's out in stores just suck at their jobs. None of the stores in my area even have SPACES for the movies, which tells me that they never planned to get any copies in in the first place. Which, in turn, tells me that PUSA wasn't doing something right to make sure these discs are in major retailers.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

OBJECTION meow meow! Neko Godot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eh, well, I don't think any major retailers like Best Buy or Ciruit City are getting this dvd til next week. That said, I got my copy at Toys R Us today.

It was probably the best movie so far. The Regis were bad ass, and the ending was very sad.

Hare Hare Yukai!

Blog Entries

Stunning. Truly stunning, and the fact that I'm willing to go as far as to say an anime movie from a stereotyped franchise is now my favorite movie ever, just speaks more to the true brilliance of this.

I'm just speechless, so I can't offer a full review, though I can sum up what I liked: Lucario's personality and character ruled the movie, and while Aaron appeared only in flashbacks for most of it I felt bad for him when Lucario believed him to be a traitor to the kingdom. Bonsly and Mime Jr. were adorable, and the Weavile duo added a touch of slick charm to it. The Regis were utterly terrifying, and that's with their remixed dub voices---I can only imagine what it was like with their original voices.

All in all, this one's easily the greatest movie of them all---and it certainly sets a VERY high bar for "Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea!" to beat next year.

Maybe PUSA can get the old voices to do the movies, as they have slightly bigger production values; hopefully as Pioneer did even when the DiC licence ran out. :shrugs:.

They should get a professional VA to do the voice of Phantom, like, I dunno...some British actor who can sound evil.

Blog Entries

Well, guess what?

I went to Toys 'R Us tonight and I got the movie! Yay!

And I was pretty lucky too, cause they only had two copies left. XD

Anyway though, I think I'll watch the Mastermind redub first, and I'll save the movie for last. ^^

I'll be back here later tonight, for my review of the 8th movie.

you better give an in depth review, we wouldn't expect anything less :p

Blog Entries

Oh believe me, I will, definitely.

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Can you try to vary your phrasing a little though? I sometimes get tired of reading your reviews that seem to be all "I loved the part where...And it was so cool how...And I liked how..., that was cool...Oh, and I loved how..." See what I mean? You tend to get quite repetitive.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

Blog Entries

Sure, I can do that!!

Hehe...... ^^o

Oops, I forgot that I always said it that way.

Thanks for mentioning that, Geodude.

Don't worry though, I'll think of something nice to say.

And I'll word it better this time, hopefully.

nah do it how you do it lisa it adds charm when you give thoughts about the parts you like, just bold the parts that aren't like that ;p

But a Fangirly "OMIGOSH, LOVE IT!" review is boring...

It needs more edge, like Pokemopolis sumamries. Take every line out of context!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast