REVIEW: "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

You'd think 4Kids would have gotten them to record an English version of the song, though.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Especially considering how Puffy Ami Yumi are somewhat well known in America.

...they are?

Puffy annoys the crap out of me anyway...too high pitched and jpoppy for me.

Yeah, Teen Titan's theme song is sung by them...

Heck, they have their own CARTOON.

Oh thank god 4Kids didn't get them to do the ending than :blah: that Teen Titans song is SO annoying...it reminds of me the PowerPuff Girls ending song...even then it's not as ear grading as that.

You don't like the Teen Titan theme song? It's awesome.

I LOVED Hajime no Uta, it ruled. I bet if the movies were under WB still, then it would of definately been on it.

XD if the movies were still under WB you'd have Justin Timberlake singing the ending.

I wonder how Movie 9 (due in Feb. apparently) will turn out?

Blog Entries

I haven't seen the movie yet.

In fact, my local Target store sold out of the movie today, so I don't even have it yet. *cries*

And apparently, Circuit City and Walmart didn't even get the movie in! They didn't even have it! And it was supposed to come in today!

I don't understand it......

I wanted to see the movie right when it came out, because I've been waiting for it so long. ;_;

And just so everyone knows, I have not seen the Japanese version. I wanted to see the dubbed version first.

Blog Entries

I am so impatient to see this at long last to a degree you wouldn't believe. PokémonCenter says they shipped it yesterday, so it shouldn't be too long.....

And good riddance to the Japanese ending song >:( I hate Puffy AmiYumi and I hate that god-awful THING they call the Teen Titans theme.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerLisa View Post
    I haven't seen the movie yet.

In fact, my local Target store sold out of the movie today, so I don't even have it yet. *cries*

And apparently, Circuit City and Walmart didn't even get the movie in! They didn't even have it! And it was supposed to come in today!

I don't understand it......

I wanted to see the movie right when it came out, because I've been waiting for it so long. ;_;

And just so everyone knows, I have not seen the Japanese version. I wanted to see the dubbed version first.
    Your going to campaign SOVA even harder after you've seen this. In my opinion, everyone from Veronica to Eric put their A game on in this final outing.

No surprise, 4kids always puts 100% in their movies (although, some can argue about the Mewtwo Movie...)..

Well, their Pokemon Movies atleast (YUGIOH THE MOVIE!)

Two dub errors:

* Ho-oh has Pidgeot's cry.
    * In the credits, Ash's final lines about Lucario and Aaron are sung over by the God-awful thing they call a song. I'd have much prefered the Song of Origin in English thanksyouverymuchs.

Also, one thing that annoyed me was how much Mime Jr failed to shut the hell up. For a mime artist, it sure did talk a hell of a lot - it was practically mute in the original...

That's really the height of the problem though - unless you take massive exception to the slight alterations made at the very end of the movie, with Ash thinking over the original silence and then altering the final line of the movie slightly to be a reference to Lucario directly. Really, although I think the original wording was fine - even if it was simply changed to the version used in the Dub - but it's not a bad ending. It still has the potency of the original and that's part of what makes this movie great.

Overall, on the dubbing aspect of it - it's one of the best dubbed movies of the lot, and this one's actually a really good movie to go with it (As opposed to say, Wishmaker's excellent dubbing but pretty bland and boring movie). It's a big hurdle to climb for the new dub next year. But the Manaphy movie is unlikely to be anywhere near as good as this one anyway - especially since it's more or less Movie 6 version 2 by the sounds of it.

Not that I really think it's fair to complain about the new dubbers doing a 'bad job' of the movies. Just look at what 4Kids got away with themselves... At least we're unlikely to see as bad a dub as... say, Mewtwo Strikes Back... with the new dubbers.

What SPECIAL FEATURES do these have?

If you read my review on the first page, I mention them both. ^^

There's a Making Of featurette which is basically just a Japanese feature dubbed over by Generic American Voiceover Man. There's a message from the director dubbed over at the end of the feature too.

There are also sketches of the Pokemon to check out.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast