REVIEW: "A Home for Dwebble!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "A Home for Dwebble!" Review Thread

Default "A Home for Dwebble!" Review Thread

Summary

A Dwebble is having trouble with some bullies who steal the rock it lives under. Can our heroes get the Pokémon’s home back?
    Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: "A Home for Dwebble!" Review Thread

Pretty formulaic capture ep. At least it's nice to see a pokemon be victorious with only a little help, and the rest it does itself.
    Step into the Fairy circle

1. I forgot it was airing today.. xD

2. The stream I normally watch is down...

But I can't wait to watch it :3

Blog Entries

The Dwebble were so adorable in this episode.

Blog Entries

One of my favorite episodes =)
    Ishizumai is so cute! The dub voice for it sounds extremely close to its Japanese voice too. Seems like TPCi is trying to get the new pokemon to sound close to their Japanese ones.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

dwebble ish sooo kawaii! :3 I'm glad it joined cilan...er, was I not supposed to say that? D:

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Would you call this a forced acquisition on Cilan's part? Perhaps, but at the very least, Cilan now has a pokemon he could use other than Pansage. Speaking of which, I don't quite understand. If Pansage was hit by a rock, how exactly did that cause it to have a fever?

Iris and Axew got a little screentime for themselves this episode, particularly when Axew was looking for the other three Dwebble as they ran off. Axew sure loves to explore on his own, doesn't he?

The TRio segments in this episode, in my opinion, were far more interesting to watch. I love how Giovanni and Flint gave TRio the technology to hack in to the data files without getting their hands dirty. The difference between this and their burglaries in the past was that TRio was given the technology to make their job easier. Before this, we saw in past episodes that TRio did have the physical capability to infiltrate a highly guarded building unnoticed. This episode just goes to show that TRio are already experts in what they can do on their own, but the technology makes them even more formidable.

This was an entertaining episode to watch, at the very least. There was a lot of comic relief in this episode, especially around the end. It surely is not one that stands out in any way, but overall the implementation was good. The wrtiers gave Cilan's Dwebble an assortment of powerful attacks such as Shell Smash and X-Scissor. Now if only it learned any Rock-type attacks such as Smack Down.

Blog Entries

I just watched it like 45 min ago, and it's the first Best Wishes episode I have watched. Liked how it wasn't cheesy. And where did Brock go? Did they get rid of him for this season?
    ---The Team---

My rare PKMN Cards:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/1470679-post31.html
    My fanfiction: http://tinyurl.com/8a9st44

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Р И Й К View Post
    I just watched it like 45 min ago, and it's the first Best Wishes episode I have watched. Liked how it wasn't cheesy. And where did Brock go? Did they get rid of him for this season?
    brock left in sinnoh league victors episode 34 to pursue being a pokemon docter

in episode 2 of bw ash met a young girl named iris who has the same traits of gliscor'd

in epiosde 5 ash met a green haired gym leader and in episode 6 he joined up with them after seeing the chemestry between ash and iris

Blog Entries

I remember when this first came out, everyone thought it'd be filler. I'm glad Cilan was able to bond with Dwebble (especially during that nighttime scene) and catch it at the end. It showed a lot of personality, has some nice moves, and fits very well with Cilan.

In the Japanese version, did they say Ishizumai learned Shell Break? Cilan just said, "That's Dwebble's Shell Smash!" rather than saying it learned the move in the dub.

Oh, and the more I hear Pansage, the more I hear Ambipom's dub voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Now if only it learned any Rock-type attacks such as Smack Down.
    The animation for that other Dwebble's Smack Down was beautiful, so I'm hoping Cilan's learns it, as well.

Hmm, good episode. Not the best, but enjoyable throughout. Dweeble is a poke that I kinda wished had gone to Ash, just so we could see more of it. Kinda weird to see a Pokemon episode where the pokes robbing another, are doing just because their jerks.

I did love how the leader of the goons got his Shell completely destroyed in the end. Served him right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeSashi View Post
    The dub voice for it sounds extremely close to its Japanese voice too. Seems like TPCi is trying to get the new pokemon to sound close to their Japanese ones.
    Which can also be a curse as I find Ishizumai's voice to be extremely annoying. I was hoping the dub would go in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    Oh, and the more I hear Pansage, the more I hear Ambipom's dub voice.
    That too. >_<

But VA complaints aside, this was a really great episode. One of the reasons I like this show so much is that the Pokemon feel like real animals, which is just what all those Dwebble felt like today. I also like the bond Dwebble and Pansage developed and the unexpected capture by Cilan.

And of course, badass Rockets are badass.

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

I saw another great episode today. I didn't know it was 9 o'clock already, so I missed the first 4 or 5 minutes. What happened then?

As for the rest of the episode, it was really cool. Dwebble and the rest of the Pokemon were so cute. Dwebble was also beast. And smart.

As for the TRio part, it was cool. Really shows their serious side.

I also liked the music when Dwebble and the rest were trying to get the other Dwebble with the food.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy99 View Post
    I saw another great episode today. I didn't know it was 9 o'clock already, so I missed the first 4 or 5 minutes. What happened then?
    Cilan made potato salad sandwhics for everyone. Axew wandered off and alerted everyone to Dwebble building his shell out of a rock. It was like one of those nature shows since they spent a nice amount of time on how Dwebble creates them.

Can't remember how far into it the TRio met up with Pierce, but he gave them their assignment somewhere in their too. (They even kept the name of the building!)

Team Rocket breaking in was totally amazing. My sister was even shocked to see them doing all of that. I loved this episode and was that I managed to record it. I'm glad that we also got another episode of Cilan too. The music when they had a plan for taken out the thieves was really awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast