REVIEW: "Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!" - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: "Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!"

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Default Re: "Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Wasn't this episode meant to be a rehash of Dawn's first episode, but add a few things, to begin with?
    That's what it ended up being, but there was no reason it had to be that. They could have very easily come up with something new for it and only throw in nods. Not completely rehash the original episode.

Default Re: "Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!"

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18 View Post
    did cinco ever pick her starter?
    I'm not sure, but I think she decided to choose later, after she'll learn more about Pokémon...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Say what you want to say, but I really liked the Hikari episode. I loved the music, the animation, the evolution, the appearances of her entire team.
    I have to agree... the Brock ep was nice but didn't interest me as much as the Dawn ep... I like throwbacks to the past like what they did in the Dawn ep and... well... I like Dawn herself, which is probably the main reason to like/dislike this ep...

BTW, these eps not only kept the same opening theme as the last eps of DP (Saikou Everyday - Band Version) and, I didn't see it but apparently also the same ending of the last eps of DP (Kimi no mune ni lalala) and the same title card and eyecatches of the last eps of DP... but it also had Oak's Corner like the regular DP eps
    And the dub includes these two eps as the final two eps of Season 13
    I think we can just call them DP192-193 (as the Japanese wikipedia did...) since it's pretty much what they are - direct continue of DP191 and the true ending of Dawn and Brock... and other than Ash/TRio not being there, they're exactly like all the late DP regular eps in any possible way

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Hikari's special set up her journey to the Houen region, but what exactly was the point of Takeshi's special? It just seemed like a useless (though entertaining) episode that did nothing to help out Takeshi's goals any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-san
    I mean really writers? Must you constantly remind us of how Dawn started her journey? Viewers are NOT Goldeen....I mean goldfish.
    The first episode hasn't aired on TV-Tokyo in about four years or so. The show isn't rerun nearly as much as it is elsewhere in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18
    did cinco ever pick her starter?
    She decided to study other pokemon more before making her decision.

And why in the world did Bulbapedia romanize her name as "Cinco," anyway? Her name obviously comes from shin ("new") and ko ("child" or, in this case, "girl"), not the Spanish word for "five."
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Just to make clear, Dawn didn't actually lose the battle against her mother. She was actually starting to get the upper hand before the Whirlpool/Flame Wheel combination failed and Piplup and Cyndaquil started arguing and the battle got called off.

As for Dawn going to Hoenn... she'll wipe the floor with the coordinators there. I mean, the people there were impressed with Beautifly catching a frisbee and someone making a cup of tea with Psychic; they'll orgasm if Dawn performs Ice Chandelier for them.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bah, as if the Dawn special didn't suck enough, it has to screw with my plans by making her go to Hoenn instead of Kanto. Meh. I've got plenty of time to work around that, I guess. I already have a dumb idea in mind. But seriously yeah, they couldn't have thought up anything better for Dawn's special than a rehash of her introduction? This is what, the third or fourth time she's been in a "oh noez Ariados" scenario? Even Cyndaquil evolving to Quilava seemed like such a side-note. Didn't care for the whiny brat of a beginner, either.

But Brock's of course was hilarious and awesome in many many ways. Once again Brock's parents prove to be the most awesome minor characters ever with their fail that they just LAUGH OFF because they're bitchin' like that. For a Joy, I rather liked the secret-agent one we got here. I barely remember the other episode that had that kind of Joy, but I think the one in this episode was very superior.

Nice touch making the eyecatches solo for Dawn and Brock in their respective specials, too.

Also nice touch in using the D/P rendition of Oak's post-show segment. I really hate the new one, but really that's only because the way the announcer says "Pokemon Live Caster" sounds absolutely drunken and/or retarded.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

Post Re: "Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!"

any photo spoilers from the special?

Just imagine how much more surprising Latias' appearance would have been if it hadn't been spoiled in the preview. God knows why TV Tokyo decided to put a shot of it in there.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Or why the writers decided to give it to a Joi, of all people.

That Joi, by the way, is the Joi from Yamabuki (Saffron) City. Since that time, however, she's moved up as an ace pokemon inspector.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

I like the fact Takuto had Latios and Joy had Latias simply cause that finally gave the Lati their regular-episode appearance... till now, their only appearance was in the movies
    I think the only ones who still never appeared in an episode in any form are Jirachi, Manaphy and Arceus (well... and the other two forms of Burmy and the "?" and "!" forms of Unown, which unlike the legendaries who had their movies, never appeared AT ALL)

i understand and appreciate why some folks really did like the dawn episode, but stuff like "seeing her whole team" and "cyndaquil evolving", the problem with that is, we've seen her whole team a billion times, and we also already got an "epic" cyndaquil evolution. none of it was new! nothing in that entire episode was new, except dawn going off to hoenn, and a shiny ariados.

i just feel let down. it could have been really cool, but it was all things we've seen before. and you know what i think anyone can agree would have instantly made it amazing? jun. he's from twinleaf. where was JUN? even one minute of him and a lot of us who say it sucked would probably be singing another tune.

which is why i also understand having a strong love for dawn also would have helped you like the ep. i'm pretty *shrugs* about her.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Just to make clear, Dawn didn't actually lose the battle against her mother. She was actually starting to get the upper hand before the Whirlpool/Flame Wheel combination failed and Piplup and Cyndaquil started arguing and the battle got called off.

As for Dawn going to Hoenn... she'll wipe the floor with the coordinators there. I mean, the people there were impressed with Beautifly catching a frisbee and someone making a cup of tea with Psychic; they'll orgasm if Dawn performs Ice Chandelier for them.
    well, hoenn was the contest guinea pig, so im not surprised the sinnoh contests were better.

(lol at the frisbee thing)

FALKNER FLINGS FLYERS FOR FUN FILLED FETISHES!!!!

U MAD?

I liked both specials! Truly what kind of story you can tell in 22 minutes!

I loved the brave whirpool-flame wheel combination! And that Dawn showed all of her Pokemons even just for an attack! I didnt love the part where Quilava learned eruption, to similar to Ashs!! Hoenn! Not a bad choice! Hope for a new special, maybe involving Team Aqua and team Magma.

Brock, its brock! and he is such a nice charachter! First i didnt liked cutting him out of the anime, but know i totally agree! He need to improve, a helping Ash doesnt make him improve! because of that he got a special! I hope formore specials maybe involving Tracey, prof Oak and Misty to show more of his improvement:

XD LOL

Blog Entries

I knew the Hikari special would be bad as soon as it was revealed Takegami was writing, but geez, did he even try at all with this? It felt like he just copy/pasted the DP001 script. Can't we just let him write Rocket episodes? You know, the one thing he's good at.

On the plus side, it was interesting to know where Hikari went off to. Taking all of her Pokemon doesn't make any sense since she'll want to catch more, but I guess she's copying Satoshi and will be rotating.

I really loved the Takeshi special, even though it didn't wrap up his character at all. It was nice seeing his family again and finally getting the whole gym leader situation worked out. Hearing Takeshi's Paradise and the Kanto eye catch music really made the episode for me.

The only downside was the end. Why did Takeshi need to be poison jabbed? Why is him being with a girl too much to ask? Unless he's getting another special it felt like Fujita was just screwing around with us.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Going to Hoenn you say?

Very, very, interesting...very, very, interesting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Big the Budo View Post
    Going to Hoenn you say?

Very, very, interesting...very, very, interesting indeed.

You know, I was thinking the same thing...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast