REVIEW: "Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!"

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: "Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!"

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default "Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!"

"Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!"

After the end of her journey with Satoshi and Takeshi, Hikari returns to Futaba Town and begins special training for her next Grand Festival. After watching her train for a bit, Hikari's mother, who's known as being a former Top Coordinator, challenges her to a battle! After the battle, Hikari is filled with the desire to go on another journey to become stronger. She heads toward Nanakamado-Haksae's to discuss her future, but when she gets there, the laboratory is in a big panic! A new trainer named Shinko is supposed to be coming by today, and she seems as indecisive about which pokemon to choose as Hikari once was. Hikari wants to give her some advice since she could be considered her senior and all, but something unexpected happens...!

(TV-Tokyo's Best Wishes! site didn't include a synopsis for the Takeshi episode)
    Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:05 PM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Default Re: "Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!"

Dawn decided to go to Hoenn but wasn't sure which Pokémon to take with her... at first she thought taking just Piplup but wasn't sure, so she went to Rowan to get advice
    After helping the girl, she told Rowan she'll take "Piplup... and Quilava... and [insert the other Poké names]"
    I liked how she said this XD at first it seemed like she'll take just Pip, but then she added Quilava and made it seem like just these two, but then said all the others too XD she said something like she still has a lot to learn about them all

I think Joy refused to battle Forrest when Brock said Forrest is the Gym Leader and said that only Flint and Brock are officially the Leaders
    So Brock has to battle her to save the Gym from closing, I think... and his Sudowoodo just lost to Chansey
    Brock insisted to save the Gym and let Forrest be the Leader so he had a talk with Joy and she agreed to give them a chance, during that time the other Joy who's a real nurse had some problem and Brock adviced her to use Moo Moo Milk in a case like this, then he talked about wanting to be a doctor... and now it's Forrest's Rhyperior VS Joy's Latias
    Forrest lost... now Rhyperior is hurt and Brock asked to get berries and Pokémon food for it... now Joy says Brock will be a good doctor and that Forrest gave her a good battle, so she's ok Forrest being the Gym Leader now

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

Default Re: "Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!"

Seriously... The end should've been better. They couldn't have Joy lose to Forrest? That's pretty cheap.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Post Re: "Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!" & "Nibi Gym - The Greatest Crisis Ever!"

Hikari episode

Takeshi episode

Anyway, loved the both episodes! I liked the Hikari one a bit more, though. Shiny Ariados was just the cherry on the top! :P

wow, after all of that hype, dawn's episode was extremely, incredibly boring and the girl was really obnoxious. i was almost in shock at how bad it was. wow. let's just rehash the first episode of DP only somehow make it more boring?

but as usual, brock's family brings out the best in him. his family is hilarious, jiro is great, and even though the plot confused me (she beats brock and is ready to shut down the gym? after one battle? she decides they arent fit to hand out badges? really?) it was entertaining and funny. anytime brock screams at his parents i crack up.

so, dawn = fail. brock = funny.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

So when the shiny Ariados was introduced I got really excited. I thought to myself, okay Cyndaquil'll evolve, combat it with Extrasensory, Dawn'll catch it because a shiny in contests would be a big deal, as would psychic attacks. And her catching it would make her come full circle from her first episode.

But no. Her Quilava's a complete rehash of Ash's, and she sent the Ariados flying as a rehash of Fearow.

And then we had Takeshi's Paredise. Made the episode great. Just wish we could have seen his old pokemon other than just Steelix and his DP pokes. Nice to see his second oldest brother getting some development now.

Also, omg non BW episodes without TR. Would have been a big deal a month ago.

EDIT: Pretty upset to hear she's going to Hoenn. Was thinking she would go to Kanto because that would mean she'd have a chance to reunite with ambipom.
    Last edited by GreatLiver; 3rd February 2011 at 06:00 AM.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup
    I think Joy refused to battle Forrest when Brock said Forrest is the Gym Leader and said that only Flint and Brock are officially the Leaders
    Not quite. Takeshi's parents never bothered to inform the Pokemon League that Jirou was the new Gym Leader of the Nibi Gym, so Takeshi was still listed as being the Gym Leader. That's why Joi demanded to battle him instead of his younger brother.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dawn's Cyndaquil evolves into a Quilava and it learns Eruption. Familiar? There is still some nods to the original episode of DP (a Piplup getting angry over a Chimchar eating its last food and causing a ruckus in Rowan's lab, a Turtwig sitting by and eating its food obediently).

Dawn battles her mother again using Piplup and Cyndaquil, but loses again.

Oh, and a Shiny Ariados. It's about time we got to see one. Do you know how many times we have seen Ariados over this series?

That said, the Dawn special really wasn't interesting. Ok, so Dawn does go off to Hoenn and one of her pokemon evolve. That means that she is officially written off for good. This decision to go to Hoenn rather than Johto "might" hint as RSE remakes, who knows, but still Dawn setting off to another region is evidence enough she isn't coming back.

Brock's special, on the other hand, was great. The Joy is an inspector of Pokemon Gyms and vows to shut down the Pewter Gym because, I would assume, that Brock is still listed as the Gym Leader (Forrest's parents never notified the Pokemon League otherwise). Joy demands that the gym has a leader or else it would be shut down, and battles the original leader (Brock) first.

Brock first battles Joy using his Sudowoodo, with Joy using her Chansey. Chansey sets off an Attract on Sudowoodo (who is now confirmed as a male). Sudowoodo just stood by as Chansey finished it off.

Forrest is now the only one defending Pewter Gym. The battle will be set tomorrow. Forrest talks to Brock in the gym the night before the battle to vent out his anxieties. Forrest battles the Joy and sends out a Rhyperior. Joy sends out, surprisingly enough, a Latias. Rhyperior manages to get a few hits in with its Megahorn, Rock Wrecker collides with Latias' Dragon Pulse, Latias dodges Rhyperior's Horn Drill, and Rhyperior almost got a hit on Latias with Dig + Megahorn.

Forrest fought very well, but alas he lost when Latias fires an Ice Beam at Rhyperior. The Joy was impressed by Forrest's resolve that she decides to keep the gym open. Joy leaves and tells Forrest to become a good gym leader, and for Brock to become a good Pokemon Doctor. Brock performs his usual serenade tactics on Joy, but alas Croagunk stops him.

Takeshi's theme plays during his battle against the Joy and during the end.

I'll give Dawn's special a 4, and Brock's a 8.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    wow, after all of that hype, dawn's episode was extremely, incredibly boring and the girl was really obnoxious. i was almost in shock at how bad it was. wow. let's just rehash the first episode of DP only somehow make it more boring?

but as usual, brock's family brings out the best in him. his family is hilarious, jiro is great, and even though the plot confused me (she beats brock and is ready to shut down the gym? after one battle? she decides they arent fit to hand out badges? really?) it was entertaining and funny. anytime brock screams at his parents i crack up.

so, dawn = fail. brock = funny.
    MTE.

I mean really writers? Must you constantly remind us of how Dawn started her journey? Viewers are NOT Goldeen....I mean goldfish.

The Brock episode was good though it proves that anyone can catch Lati@s...I love how Brock's eyecatch had the "Dare Da?" song on it!

Blog Entries

did cinco ever pick her starter?

I really loved the Dawn ep - it was funny how the new girl went through exactly the same start as Dawn XD and seeing Dawn help her shows how much she matured since she started... we also got to see Dawn's 6 Poké one last time
    Apparently Dawn thought about Johanna being left alone if she'll start another journey, but Johanna told her that while she will be lonely, she wants her to continue her journey (or something similar to that...)
    Dawn said she wants to go to Hoenn, I think she said it's because Contests originated there and because Wallace came from there
    She couldn't decide if to take just Pip with her or which specific Poké to take, but as I said, she eventually decided to take them all
    It seemed like she came to Rowan not just to get advice but also leave her Pokémon there - makes sense I guess, like Ash's pre-BW storage was Oak and Ash's BW storage is Juniper, the one who gave you the Pokédex - in Dawn's case that's Rowan (I wonder though why not leave them at home, this way they could get some training from Johanna or something... seems better than just stay at Rowan's... but she kept them all at the end so it doesn't really matter)

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    ...There is still some nods to the original episode of DP...
    nods? i think it was more like, copy and paste the first episode, only add in a couple extra things, like an annoying girl who can only say one stupid line over and over. benkyou ni narimasu, benkyou ni narimasu, please stop saying that ni narimasu, aaaargh.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Say what you want to say, but I really liked the Hikari episode. I loved the music, the animation, the evolution, the appearances of her entire team.

Blog Entries

Honestly while it may have been due to the quality, I couldn't give a rat's ass about these episodes.

The only decent thing was shiny Ariados.

Hell I don't even think Latias used mist ball, missed opportunity (of course Keyhole had to be extremely fickle at that moment so I don't know if it did use it or not).

Again call it biased or favouritism, but these episodes made it quite obvious the reason why Ash is the main character of the Pokemon anime franchise. Neither Brock nor Dawn can stand alone without Ash. Seriously, all I can think of "they replaced an episode about Ash for these episodes -sigh-"

I will say Quilava was bad ass though I felt like it was a complete and utter insult to Ash's. Honestly what the hell was the point of evolving Ash's Cyndaquil. (a compliment and an insult, rare to have that, isn't it?)

I think we can agree to a point, Totodile probably would've solved everything if it evolved instead. But of course Khoury ruined that for us.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    nods? i think it was more like, copy and paste the first episode, only add in a couple extra things, like an annoying girl who can only say one stupid line over and over. benkyou ni narimasu, benkyou ni narimasu, please stop saying that ni narimasu, aaaargh.
    Wasn't this episode meant to be a rehash of Dawn's first episode, but add a few things, to begin with?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast