REVIEW: "Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!" Review Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!" Review Thread

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default "Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!" Review Thread

Last Time.
    Ash, Iris, and Cilan, come upon a wild Dwebble, building itself a shell. Soon, three other Dwebble show up! They gang up on it, and steal it's home from it! With the help of Iris, Cilan, and Ash, it manages to take back it's home. Cilan, makes a new friend and Pokemon in Dwebble.

This Time.
    On the way to Nacrene City. Ash, Cilan, and Iris are attacked by a bunch of little kids. Who have a Trubbish! Soon they find out the teacher is having a problem, with the children and Trubbish! What will Ash, Iris, and Cilan do?!

Catch Brand-New Episodes of Pokemon Black & White on Saturday mornings at 8AM/9AM only on Cartoon Network!

Catch reruns of Pokemon Black & White! Sunday mornings at 6AM/7AM only on Cartoon Network!

Catch Episodes of Pokemon Sinnoh League Victors Monday-Fridays at 7AM/8AM and 3PM!
    Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:08 PM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!" Review Thread

Yay, Ash gets an Egg.

I'm surprised the Sunglasses Sandile didn't get a dub name (He just calls it a Sandile with Sunglasses here...)

Trubbish isn't ugly... its cute :D

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MachokeLover View Post
    Trubbish isn't ugly... its cute :D
    No, it's adorable

It's Garbage you'd actually like to hug

and then the smell kicks in

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Call it as you like; in some circles, this could be a "filler" plot with something canonical attached to the end, or in other cases, this could be downright canonical since this "filler" storyline was tied back to two or three other plotlines.

Overall this episode was enjoyable. I can understand why the students wanted to rebel from the teacher. They truly care and love that Trubbish, and in turn, the Trubbish cared enough about the students that it was willing to defend them from the Sunglasses Sandile.

The "Sandile with the Sunglasses" returning in this episode is quite a surprise. For what reason did it decide to leave the hot springs back at BW003? Did it actually exhibit a desire to battle Pikachu in its debut appearance? I am thinking that the Sandile was attached to this episode because the writers could not find a good way to use up the remaining few minutes of this episode.

Team Rocket's segment in this episode is interesting; they were given the fake Meteonite from the agent in disguise. I love how the writers tie it back to the actual plotline; the newswoman reported that "several trash bags" were mysteriously disappearing.

It was an alright episode, certainly not one of my favorites in BW. Ash and Pikachu receive an exponentional amount of focus here. I wish Iris and Cilan would have done more to contribute to this episode, but it appears that neither Iris or Cilan are "little kids."

I was expecting Iris to say, "You're such a little kid," when Ash wanted to enter the treehouse alone.

THE Queen Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

The kids shouldn't have defied their teacher's order in the first place, or they wouldn't have been in that situation. Plus, Ash had no right to be butting in to this teacher's classroom and rules. Daniela knows what's best for her classroom after all.

IMO she should have never gave in at the end...

But I'm glad Ash got an egg!

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo View Post
    I'm surprised the Sunglasses Sandile didn't get a dub name (He just calls it a Sandile with Sunglasses here...)
    Is that really any different than the Japanese version?... I don't think it got any "nickname" or something in the original 0__o

This is perhaps the 3rd overtly COTD filler episode in the series so far but the first one I seriously disliked. I've been recording every episode so far, I just may even record over this one and skip it when I watch the series in succession.

This is why I generally don't watch long running anime series, they are extremely prone to episodes which add little or nothing to the plot.

To me the conflict between the school children and the kindergarten teacher (who the children refer to by her first name for some reason) wasn't especially interesting, everything about the way it unfolded and developed felt very silly and confused to me, and not at all realistic, even given the huge amount of leeway expected of a cartoon meant primarily for children.

In spite of me liking Trubbish's face and his voice actor, I just don't like this Pokémon concept at all and would rather it didn't exist.

For me the only redeeming aspect of this episode was seeing Jessie, James, and Meowth rendezvous in a large, bustling train station (I have a thing for trains and train stations if you couldn't tell) with another undercover Team Rocket member (the second they've met so far in Unova) where they receive a new piece of equipment that's sure to appear in a future episode.

Ash receives a new Pokémon egg at the end of the episode, this besides the brief scene with Team Rocket (and a re-appearance of the Sandile from Episode 3) being the only elements of the episode lending themselves to continuity.

Not having seen any episodes following this, Its my impression that this episode can easily be skipped without issue aside from Ash receiving the egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    The kids shouldn't have defied their teacher's order in the first place, or they wouldn't have been in that situation. Plus, Ash had no right to be butting in to this teacher's classroom and rules. Daniela knows what's best for her classroom after all.

IMO she should have never gave in at the end...

But I'm glad Ash got an egg!
    It was their friend, and it wasn't doing much damage, apart from creating a bad smell, but that's what Trubbish is known for. In my opinion, Ash had every right to step in, the teacher isn't there to stop the kids from being friends with a Pokemon. But I see your point, Ash had no say in the matter. Though I am glad Ash got the egg.

Also, this wasn't a filler and Sunglasses Sandile should've had a Dub nickname.

Blog Entries

watching that episode just gave me a new respect for trubbish. I WANNA HUG IT!
    "you will be a n00b at RPGs.""...I don't play RPGs...!"

What's this nickname stuff people say here? Since when it had a nickname in Japanese?...

Kolink Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

I believe they mean "Sunglasses Meguroco" which... er, isn't really a great nickname to begin with.

"Shades Sandile" or some other variation would just get annoying in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Seriously, this episode was pathetic.

We had a generic preschooler plot with the same chubby preschoolers. Although the episode made me like Trubbish and Ash got the egg, this episode was pretty forgettable.

Avery didn't seem to make up his mind on whether he was sorry or not. And Daniella was really mean. If you don't want Trubbish to stay, don't be so rude about it. Tell them nicely, even if they're bombarding you with the same question.

Besides, it's not like the world's gonna end when Trubbish is there.

1.5 points out of 10

THE Queen Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    Ash had every right to step in, the teacher isn't there to stop the kids from being friends with a Pokemon. But I see your point, Ash had no say in the matter. Though I am glad Ash got the egg.
    Glad you see my point :) However, Daniela's job is to take care of the children. She can stop the kids from being friends with the pokemon if it interferes with her classroom, in which it was.

And Mijumaru, how was Daniela mean? She wasn't rude at all to the kids, they were being disrespectful towards her. She told them no and they shouldn't question it.
    Last edited by Paperhorse; 23rd April 2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    I wonder why every tv show in history with kids 3-19 feels they need one fat kid in the group. One fat kid, who's slower then the others with a deep voice it's weird.

TPCi must have hired some new voices, those little kids sound like little kids.
    It's called diversity, it's probably adding a realistic dynamic to it as well, seeing as not every person are in a perfect shape, but yeah I do see it a lot. I do like the kids in the dub though, they still seem nice, but like kids, they were a bit stubborn.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast