"Gotta Catch Ya Later" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Gotta Catch Ya Later" Review Thread

I think it's been said in various places (can't remember where, but it seems like the show(Harrison talking about it), and possibly Nintendo Power) that said Hoenn is on the other side of the world.
    Last edited by Orange Soda; 23rd October 2003 at 08:03 PM.
    A great saying is a bunch of words strung together so that you sound like you know what the heck you're talking about.

Orange Soda Online

Originally posted by Orange Soda
    I think it's been said in various places (can't remember where, but it seems like the show(Harrison talking about it), and possibly Nintendo Power) that said Hoenn is on the other side of the world.
    If I'm remembering correctly, the expression used, in both the Japanese and English versions, is "on the other side of the ocean".
    波導は我に有り

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Kaz

So then it's West of Johto, South of Kanto or North of Kanto.

Wow, *that*'s specific.

XD

I doubt it's south, though - we've seen what happens to Pokémon in tropical climates, and we haven't really seen any different Pokémon to what we did in the Orange Islands...
    I love bacon more than I love your mom.

Just seen `Gotta Catch Ya Later`.. my thoughts...

I loved it! Wasn`t this a beautiful episode? *Sniff* So sad...
    The last 10 minutes (15?) were so stuffed full of shippiness (MLA/Ash is fond of Misty) evidence - though I did notice that even now Ash doesn`t *get* that very well.

Brock: I get the feeling she wanted to keep on travelling with us.
    Ash: Really?

Ash: You battled really good back there.
    Misty: (blushes): thanks Ash - thats` sweet.
    Ash: (Looks confused, like he doesn`t know what she means by `sweet`).

I really liked the goodbye song, it was cute, IMHO - Ash really means a lot to Misty doesn`t he?

But what makes me `misty` most of all
    In our final curtain call
    Is knowing that I
    Won`t see you again

*Sniff*

Then the shippiness went into overdrive, especially in this funny scene:

(Ash/Misty stand close together).

Misty: There`s something I want to tell you Ash.... (or something like that).

Brock: HOOOLLLLD EVERYTHING!!!!

I swear, the pair would have probably kissed if Brock hadn`t popped up there!

I also liked the scene when Ash turns to the camera and says `Misty.. thankyou` and she does a double take, turns around and says `If you have something to say then say it!

Misty: Are you sure you`ll be Ok without me, Ash?

Awwww....

There was also some cute symbolism with Ash using the presents to climb out of TR`s hole - even when Misty/Brock are not *there*, they are always there, if you get my meaning...

I thought it was Misty who was supposed to promise the re-union but it was Ash who said `You will see me again - I promise`.. strange...

Another interesting part was when Ash admitted the fact he and Misty met/became friends may have been fate, something I`ve had thoughts about myself.

As to whether it proves ALM, it really showed Ash values Misty`s friendship deeply IMO, but maybe not in a romantic way.

BTW, if TR hired the Invincible Pokemon Brothers or whatever they`re called - why did they seem not to know them when Misty first mentioned them?
    Last edited by grim_tales; 2nd November 2003 at 05:16 AM.
    `Life? Don`t talk to me about life..`

`Pardon for me breathing, which I never do anyway. OH GOD, I`m so depressed....`

- Marvin, The Hitch-Hiker`s Guide To The Galaxy

*anime waterfall tears* I think I have another fav episode, besides "Pikachu's Goodbye"!

This was one of the best Pkmn episodes ever, and not just because of the AAML hints. Only once before has Pokémon made me cry, and that was way back with "Bye Bye Butterfree". But I shed many tears during the song (Fav line: "What makes me misty most of all, in our final curtain call, is knowing that I won't see you again"), and for the rest of the day I felt that peaceful sort of sadness.

The battling scenes were nicely done (especially Pikachu's PISSED OFF Thunderbolt!), and Ash was cute as usual ^^ I LOVED how he got out of the hole! The moments between Ash and Gary were nice, too, though I liked the scenes between Ash and Misty most of all, of course ~_^

I think I know what's wrong with Brock's voice that people keep mentioning. It's still Eric Stuart, but Brock sounds more like Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh! (also done by Eric) rather than himself. This episode was probably recorded by 4Kids during the time they were doing the current slew of new YGO episodes, so that may be the reason for the difference. *shrugs* Just my opinion :P

I'd go on more, but my time is short (hafta leave the library pretty soon). But I'll leave ya with a random quote from Brock, just because...well, as Misty said..."At least he's consistent" xD

To Nurse Joy, in the Viridian City Pokémon Center: "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past you again?"

EDIT: Is it just me, or does the song they used seem...familiar somehow? o.O;

Yeah, to my mind it seemed to be based on `The Time Has Come` dontcha think?
    (At the last line, try singing `Somehow today/We have to say goodbye`

Still a sweet song though. The last stanza almost left me `Misty` eyed

Was the flashback changed? I mean, almost every time Misty was in a scene Ash was there too.
    `Life? Don`t talk to me about life..`

`Pardon for me breathing, which I never do anyway. OH GOD, I`m so depressed....`

- Marvin, The Hitch-Hiker`s Guide To The Galaxy

Originally posted by grim_tales
    Was the flashback changed? I mean, almost every time Misty was in a scene Ash was there too.
    You mean from the Japanese? Yes, much. The Japanese one was more centered around Misty as a trainer, and of course the English one is much more Pokeshippy. Also, the actual song is different, for obvious reasons.

It was Columbus instead.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234