"Gotta Catch Ya Later" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Gotta Catch Ya Later" Review Thread

Actually, she says, "Seaform". On the close captions, it said "Seaform" as well. I think 4Kids made a typo...
    Yume <3 Heart
    Pokémon forever!

Proud Member of Pokémaniacs Anonymous
    Because growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I swear she said it Seafoam. I usually hear things like that.

Blog Entries

I think I heard her say "Seaform" too. Although, she probably meant to say Seafoam instead.

And, before my review, I must admit that I'm really a Pokeshipper too I guess. Anyway, I loved this episode! It was the one I've been wating for all along, and it was soooo good!! Oh, and I really loved those flashbacks and the song they played! That was cool....and sad too. I mean, I don't remember the last time I saw a Pokemon episode that was this emotional. Of course, I liked how the episode was funny too, especially when Brock and Misty left and then came back to Ash when he said something. Brock's line was hilarious! I think it was, "Hey Ash, if you have something to say just say it". LOL. Also, Ash's line about them sneaking up on him was really funny too. ^_^ Oh, and I loved the part when they gave him the presents! That was so cool! And I liked the part when Ash met up with Gary and gave him half of the pokeball. That was cool. And I really loved the part when Ash and Pikachu were in the tree and Ash was saying something about how he didn't like being alone. That was kinda sad. And then he saw Ho-Oh! That was so cool!! I loved that part! I also liked the line Ash said about Ho-Oh, that it was flying toward the Hoenn region and that's where all the battles that he's destined to be in are. That was a good line. Oh, and also I loved the part when Ash and Pikachu were in the hole, and Ash handed the hankerchief Misty gave him to Pikachu so that it could block the smoke! That was cool!! And I really loved how Ash used the cutlery Brock gave him to get out of the hole! That was cool too! And Meowth's line about Ash flying was funny!! And when Pikachu used Thunderbolt on Team Rocket, it looked really cool!! Oh, and I loved the part at the end When Delia gave Ash his new clothes and backpack! And then, he also got a new Pokedex from Professor Oak. That was cool! Overall, it was a very good, emotional episode, that was funny at some points, and had excellent animation as well. So, there's really no reason why I shouldn't give it a perfect score. With that said, this episode gets a 10 out of 10!

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot. Can someone tell me what was said when the show came back after the last commercial break at the end? Because my TV station brought it back late, and I only heard part of the line when Ash was saying that he was leaving all his Pokemon there and was keeping Pikachu with him. All I heard was, "with me". I saw and heard everything else though.

Kaz

Originally posted by Jirarudan
    Something else occured to me about this ep...

Delia tells Ash that the ferry to Houen will leave from Seafoam. Isn't Houen *north* of Kanto? Or am I seriously mixed up?
    Supposedly, but there's also the point that Kanto is largely landlocked, so Seafoam/Pallet/Cinnabar would be the nearest ports for him to catch it from, rather than going all the way to Vermilion.
    I love bacon more than I love your mom.

Hoenn is south of Kanto if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you Jolty for the banner!
    Pokémon Messageboards I Visit:
    Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden ~ Serebii's Pokemon Page
    My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance
    "I am dead serious. I am not that pretty." ~Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance

Originally posted by Lady Dragonrider
    Hoenn is south of Kanto if I'm not mistaken.
    No, it's defeinitely north. The Orange Achipelago is south, and Johto is to the west. Then, essentially, Kanto is the eastern region.

It was Columbus instead.

Kaz

Either way, I heard Mrs. Ketchum say Seafoam, I also cried, and I do think that it was one of the more adorable episodes I've seen in a while.

What was with Gary's voice o.O?

Originally posted by Kizaki Tamayo
    Either way, I heard Mrs. Ketchum say Seafoam, I also cried, and I do think that it was one of the more adorable episodes I've seen in a while.

What was with Gary's voice o.O?
    I heard "Seaform." And I noticed no difference in Gary's voice. If there was a difference, it was better, IMO. The only voice that sounded slightly different to me was Brock's.

It was Columbus instead.

I definately enjoyed this episode, especially due to the fact that 3/4ths of Johto sucked ass. It was really emotional, I mean, when the news first came out that Misty was leaving, I just sort of shrugged and said, "Oh. Alright then..." and went on with my life (A definate contrast to when Brock left and I stormed into the bathroom and stayed there sobbing for around half an hour). But with that song and all...I did cry. Still not to the degree of the waterworks I excreted when Brock left, but cried all the same.

The shippiness worked for me too. I'm actually not a hard-core Pokeshipper. I think it'd be nice, but when it comes down to it, I really wouldn't care if Ash ended up with May or Brock or Tracey or Melody or Prima or Pikachu or Gary or some random guy/gal of the day, but like I said, it worked for me.

10/10

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Originally posted by Kizaki Tamayo
    don't know *where* you got the idea that it's Pokéshipper's favourite episode... bloody generaliser... you think we only like the show because of the romance?

Watch "The Wayward Wobbuffet" a few times before you try that again ¬¬
    Where did I get that idea? Look at all the posts about the episode on this forum. Or the Serebii Forums. Or (to a lesser extent) the PokeMasters Forums. Most of the posters in all of these forums make at least *some* mention of liking all the strong AAML stuff in the episode, and a lot of people seem to think that THAT was the highlight of the episode.

Was it generalizing? Perhaps. But it was a damned accurate generalization.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Kaz

Correction, it was a generalization of a GAKIshipper.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Correction, it was a generalization of a GAKIshipper.
    So you're saying that all the people who posted that they enjoyed the Pokeshippy moments in the episode (which, if you look on the three seperate forums I talked about, was a lot of people) are all Gakishippers?

Isn't that kind of generalization the exact thing you were accusing me of in the first place?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Lost in the digital world, but posting from Massachusetts.
    Blog Entries

I have to say, what an awesome episode. How sad Kasumi was as she left was quite nice to see, we haven't seen this much emotion from her in a while. And I loved how Satoshi said "My friends are always with me"(I think that's what it was) when he used their gifts to stop team rocket. This is probably my 3rd favorite episode, and if this is indicative of what's to come, maybe if people give it a chance they will realize it's one of the best anime out there.

Okay, I've managed to obtain the episode even though I'm currently at college in a state with lousy TV (thank god, otherwise it'll be impossible to study). Yes, Gary's voice was off.

Anyway, just how much of the script was made up by the dubbers, and how much was directly translated?
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 21st October 2003 at 02:05 AM.
    Currently watching: GoGo Sentai Boukenger; Kamen Rider Kabuto; Fate Stay Night; Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

Essential Information:
    * Aeris dies!
    * Darth Vader is Luke's father!

Most of the translation was fairly accurate, and most of the exceptions were just the usual things that would sound weird in English if done more literally. When they had the opportunity, they did tend to give lines a slightly more shippy slant than I perceived in the original, but nothing outside the range of reasonable translation.
    波導は我に有り

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast