REVIEW: "Gotta Catch A Roggenrola!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: "Gotta Catch A Roggenrola!" Review Thread

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Gotta Catch A Roggenrola!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Torterra Trainer View Post
    Is it wrong that I absolutley LOVED Roggenrola's voice. It was so cute and perky. Something you wouldn't expect from a walking rock. I REALLY hope it evolves into a Gigalith. I wonder how they would do the evolution-by-trade thing in the anime, and it still ends up being Ash's pokemon. I guess we'll have to see in the future.

It really was refreshing that now Excadrill is a usefull addition to the gang's pokemon. Iris' pose was cool IMO.

I laughed when Oshawott KO'd itself on the table. It FINALLY got the move down, and the next time it uses it it hits a table and faints....Oh Oshawott you
    More or less my sentiments.

Except, I didn't like Ash's reaction when Roggenrola first appeared. It seemed rather obvious that Roggenrola needed help, and Cilan at the least noticed this.

I also didn't find the title to be particularly accurate, or exact, rather... even though Ash at the beginning wanted to catch Roggenrola. (Catching Roggenrola ultimately didn't seem like a "feat"--it was acquired in an easier manner than Iris's Emolga. I think I may have lost track of the Roggenrola at the beginning even, and that Ash may have caught another Roggenrola... I was drowsy when I watched the episode though.)

Oh, Tepig was strange (weak?) in this episode, and Roggenrola seemed weak as well at the episode's end (as to how it seemed in the beginning, blocking Oshawott's Water Gun attack). Ash's commands to Tepig I found baffling--Tepig really needs another kind of move, perhaps Wild Charge, or maybe Head Smash. I'd doubt that it would ever get Grass Knot, unless all of the Unova starters belonging to Ash learned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serperior99 View Post
    Well, it was an okay episode. Roggenrola was great. I like how he/she/it walks by hopping around.

TRio was perfect. They had a really good machine there.

I loved the part when Cilan was all, "My delicious fruity creation was ruined by Roggenrola's destruction time!!"

It was a great episode overall.
    Post below me--I agree with the sentiments about the Cilan statements, TR, and Roggenrola as well.
    Last edited by League; 24th September 2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

Well, it was an okay episode. Roggenrola was great. I like how he/she/it walks by hopping around.

TRio was perfect. They had a really good machine there.

I loved the part when Cilan was all, "My delicious fruity creation was ruined by Roggenrola's destruction time!!"

It was a great episode overall.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Seriously? They named Tuttle Mr. Garrison? Wow, that's kind of distracting. :p
    It's really a stealth reference to his plans for the Roggenrola. Poor things will never experience the world the same way again.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

a lil nostalgic on the title. But it was a filler like any other. I can't give it any more than a 1

1/100
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Though the episode was rather boring, I absolutely loved Team Rocket in this episode! They came across as being very badass in how they used their machine and kept firing it towards Ash and them. I can't remember them doing anything like that in a while, so I was very impressed to see them being used well

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It turns out, I actually pronounced Roggenrola exactly as how the anime did it. Good for me.

Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

^^Good for the anime.^^ Roggenrola's punny name is obvious.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by League View Post
    ^^Good for the anime.^^ Roggenrola's punny name is obvious.
    Which is why they should've titled this episode, "It's Only Roggenrola." I mean, come on! It was practically staring TPCi in the face.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Which is why they should've titled this episode, "It's Only Roggenrola." I mean, come on! It was practically staring TPCi in the face.
    ... I don't even get it... I'm honored to see you post for the first time though, and to quote me in it. Welcome to the forums!

Blog Entries

... I don't even get it... I'm honored to see you post for the first time though, and to quote me in it. Welcome to the forums!
    Welcome? I've been on these forums for over a year.

Also, the title is based on the phrase "It's Only Rock and Roll." Get it? Rock and Roll. Roggenrola. Need I spell it out for you anymore?

Blog Entries

@matt0044But that title hardly adds any pun power, so far as I can see, nor does it refer to any pop-saying.

And you had one post. Great day. (It's hard to see myself in a good light after that one. Let's just say that I was sarcastic.)

Blog Entries

@matt0044But that title hardly adds any pun power, so far as I can see, nor does it refer to any pop-saying.
    It's a pun because Roggenrola sounds like Rock and Roll. Do you even know about puns? So "Let's Roggenrola" is based on "Let's Rock & Roll" and the same for "It's Only Roggenrola." Can I be any more clearer?

Blog Entries

@matt0044But then the title of the episode could simply have been "Roggenrola," and it still would have been a pun. (Or so it seems according to the logic that you offer, which was what I was saying.)

If "It's only rock and roll" is an actual pop-saying, then that's fine--I just haven't heard it. (Alright, a quick Google search brought me up to speed. However, I don;t think the title fits as well as you think it does, though it would indeed have some pun-power.)

Come now, we're hijacking the thread. And threads tend to die when I'm the last poster.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Something I really don't like about this and the last episode is that these new captures disappear after they are caught - in all the older episodes they'd make a point of either having Ash have only 5 Pokemon on him, or have him visit the Pokemon Centre immediately afterwards to swap someone out to say hi to his newly captured Pokemon. They could have at least done it in retrospect by having all the Pokemon out eating in the beginning, including Palpitoad and give him a few seconds on screen - but for Ash to capture lots of Pokemon in quick succession that don't seem to appear again for quite a number of episodes after their capture is a huge downside to the higher capture rate. After reading next week's preview it seems like they are doing better with Roggenrola, but they should have incorporated it into the ending of this episode, especially being right next to a centre.

I still don't get Roggenrola as a design, though it seems a bit more likeable in anime form (the feet are cool). The voice seems very oddly clear for something that has no visible face, I'd have expected one of those vaguely definable screeches for a rock Pokemon.

Not a terrible filler overall, the new Team Rocket is at least bearable when watching - especially now that they are only seen occasionally, which means an episode that would have been ruined for being another boring TR scheme, is somewhat interesting.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

is it me or is ash's voice getting worse.....
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast