"Get Your Rotom Running!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: "Get Your Rotom Running!" Review Thread

Default Re: "Get Your Rotom Running!" Review Thread

It's lame from a Pokémon trainer standpoint, but understandable considering they now like to cycle Pokémon like humans, and the "Gotta Catch 'em All" tagline has been cut years ago.

8D

Rotom was so hilarious! I loved that it did all those tricks to Ash and co. and TR. I loved when Heat Rotom gulped up Pikachu and when Frost Rotom switched back and forth behind Brock. I also loved Cut Rotom haha.

Rotom's awesome!

Definitely one of the more funnier episodes to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    Ash sometimes doesn't even catch Pokemon unless they beg to go with him. Turtwig, Chikorita and Heracross would have never been captured if they didn't follow Ash afterward and beg for a battle/capture.

It's kinda odd when you think of it, Ash doesn't bother to capture anything unless he's really interested in it or the Pokemon likes and follows him.
    That's what makes Ash so awesome. <3

Yeah, I thought someone should've caught it, but they were sort of distracted - it wasn't a normal "Pokemon battle," it was our heroes fighting back out of sheer screaming panic. Their knowledge that they might've, er, overdone it a little probably made them worry more about having hurt the Rotom than thinking, "Aha, I could capture it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Look, it's very simple! Lake Calamity, Lake Acurracy, and Lake Vitality! There it all is, black and white, clear as crystal! And maybe ruby and sapphire.

My Pokémon fics. Let me show you them.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyAeon View Post
    That's what makes Ash so awesome. <3
    Yeah, but the thing is he didn't use to be this way. Back in Kanto he tried to capture almost everything he saw, and the only reason he didn't was because someone would stop him or the Pokemon would get away.

It's exactly why Ash captured more Pokemon in Kanto than any other saga, and then as the show progressed he actually only tries to capture a small core team.

I understand the writers do it because its better to focus on only 5 new Pokes + Pikachu each arc, but it shows how much the writers changed both Ash and the format of the show.

Well, back then he was new and was trying to compete with Gary. Now he's more confident of his own "quality vs. quantity" style of training.

Plus, he's had enough troublemaking Pokemon in his time...he wouldn't WANT to deal with Rotom's form of "affection" on a regular basis.
    Look, it's very simple! Lake Calamity, Lake Acurracy, and Lake Vitality! There it all is, black and white, clear as crystal! And maybe ruby and sapphire.

Blog Entries

I really enjoy this episode. It was a nice silly episode and nice to see that Pokémon can still be really fun and silly from time to time.

Brock’s double take of Frost Rotom and the image of seeing Pikachu stuck inside Heat Rotom were great. It was also nice to actually see a non-battle focus episode were Team Rocket doesn’t get involved in trying to catch Pikachu/Pokémon of the day(Ash, Dawn, and Brock didn’t even know Team Rocket was in the Old Chateau with them).

It was a nice change of pace, for once.

Blog Entries

-Wow right at the beginning when Poliswine tackles Dawn...it seems kind of dodgey with her moaning and such...get your mind outta the gutter Blondie!

-had to google gateau, but it sounds good!

-Opening...I've commented on the other thread but...IT SUCKS. It seems shorter than it really is and there isn't anything special in it. If i wasn't already a fan of the show, seeing the opening wouldn't make me wanna watch.

The song is awesome especially the beginning, but yea the animation...BOO!
    It's like they forgot to make an opening and had only like 5 minutes to throw some stuff together.

-Is Ash always drawn TALLER than Dawn? When that construction worker lookin dude comes up Ash is a few inches taller, didnt notice that before.

-Meowth: "I'd be happy with a bagel..."
    James: "I'd be happy with a BAGEL WRAPPER..." Really james? Dumb line.

-Does Pikachu sound different in this episode?

-I guess not. LOL I love when it mimics other Pokes.

-LOL Ash: "What's that?"
    Brock: "A microwave..." DUH!

-Ummm isn't the case holding the gateau just glass? just bust that shit open!

-God Brock, you are such a homemaker! He loves cooking so much he pumps his fists at the very thought.

-BWAHAHA @ Ash's reaction to that lawnmower turning into a Rotom..."luuuuuuh!"

-Awwwwwwww, Ash coming to Dawn's rescue from the evil fan!

-It's episodes like these, where Ash is scared of a lawnmower when I think he's still 10. He obviously doesnt recognize it as a Pokemon.

-USE YOUR POKEMON YOU GOOFS! Pikachu would fry that thing.

-LOLOLOLOLOLOLMFAO at Rotom-fridge changing back and forth before Brock can turn around...awesome

-I'm glad Brock is still carrying the food as they run.

-Electricty wouldn't be blocked by water like that.

-Piplup you idiot, you run like a wuss the entire episode and once pika and pachu weaken it THEN you scold the thing...please!

-LOL at Ash's curly rotom-shocked-hair

-typical Dawn and her hair...Brock should keep the 70's-style fro goin.

-ALL THAT WORK FOR ONE TOOTHPICK, BITE-SIZE PIECE OF FOOD!??

Overall, hilarious episode. One of the better ones recently.

I've just done some research on gateau as this thing sure made me curious and here's what I've found:

A gâteau (pronounced ga-toe) is a French cake, often specifically a sponge cake that may be made from almond flour instead of wheat flour. In general terms, any cake in France may be considered a gâteau, but some French cakes are more gâteaux than cakes you might see in other parts of the world. Yet if you order any kind of cake in France, you will be ordering a gâteau.
    Many French cakes are iced cakes and may contain layers, frosting and filling. A couple of special types of cakes may be called petite gâteau, and these became popular in the US in the 1990s. The variants of petite gâteau are extremely disparate, referencing two completely different dishes.
    (...)

At least we now know what that kind of cake is made of.
    So, if anybody happens to have a concrete recipe, please don't hesitate to post it!
    Maybe, I'll even try it out, because I guess I'm quite good at cooking although I'm a man (attention, ladies! ^^)
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

But what was the original Japanese dish like? It didn't look cakelike to me, and someone said it was a jelly something...

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

As someone already has said (before this episode was dubbed) it was a pun and it was what the "English" could do with the Gateau and Chateau. And the Yokan (and whatever "castle" that resembles Yokan is in Japanese).

Blog Entries

Is it me, or does the music sound clearer than before?

And I'll skip over the "how come the Old Chateau is in Canalave when it should've been in Eterna Forest". Probably the writers missed it by accident and shoved it here. "old Gateau from the Old Chateau" Nice one, oak...stay classy.

And here's the new opener. You know, it's not bad, the female voice I'll have to get used to, but I'd still stick with the previous opener in terms of better singing. Also, after looking at this, it's hard to imagine that we're in the final season for D/P. I do feel a bit sad that I'll miss the previous season.

Nice harp along with the silence. Cool worker dude. :) Great expressions, James. Looking at Rotom in all its forms just tells me how glad I am I acquired that wretched Secret Key. Wow, what an odd TR scene. They just left the room happy instead of their usual whining/complaining...never mind. lol, the "mobile refrigerator". Decent lines from Ash today. Except when he doesn't know a microwave when he sees one...-_-. Poor Pikachu.

The silence is going really well in this episode. When that automatic voice went on, there was a quick instinct of suspiciousness and awkwardness. Adds a little fear into it too. This is definitely weird, with no one there and everything is automatized. Brock seems so flared up he even says "ol'Brocko", not heard since that Sudowoodo episode .:S

Yay for new vocabulary from Ash, "scrimmage". Typical Ash chase! I haven't seen that in ages. lol, did Dawn just say "conerve energy"? How moot, considering the power consumed in this place. Ugh, synchronized voices. :P lol at Piplup's eyes. Brock's line could be replaced with "you don't have a ghost of a chance" if 4Kids was still around. Maybe. :P The Brock and Frost Rotom sequence was pretty funny. And the music went well with it too. :D Ah, Rotom itself. That's a better cry. Sounds cute. Wow I really like that voice. Ouch, all that shocking must hurt. But the best part was Piplup's daily abuse.

Hah, TR got fakes. LOL!!! Ash's "grown man cry", and Brock and Dawn think of Oak! Hehe.

I'm starting to sense a pattern with the BMG when it comes to comedy fillers. The music sounds like a circus performance sometimes.

This is was a nice relieving episode after last week's disaster. Good start for season 12.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JB88 View Post
    Also, after looking at this, it's hard to imagine that we're in the final season for D/P.
    The last full season maybe, but there's no way Sinnoh will be done within 30 or so episodes.

A "thick jellied dessert"? ugh!
    *ash_forever is turning away in disgust as he hates everything made of jelly*

Well, when I first read the Japanese title of the episode I thought of the name of a CoD and so, while watching the episode last weekend I was wondering all the time "Hey, where is that Yokan? When is he finally going to turn up?" ^^

But let me ask you one question with regard to some comments that Ash should've caught Rotom: What reason would he've actually had to do so? He's already got an electric type Pokemon, our well- known friend Pikachu. Any second electric type in Ash's team would simply be unthinkable. Sure, it's true that he already had two identical types at the same time in the past, Chikorita and Bulbasaur, and even at the moment,Stravia and Gliscor, but Pikachu is too unique and famous to end up facing a competitor. But I do agree with you that it's about time that Brock catches a new Pokemon. I guess, Rotom which loves household appliances would turn out to be the ideal helper for Brock ,the cook, who then could prepare our heroes' food in no time ^^
    Last edited by Queen Cynthia; 12th May 2009 at 06:30 PM.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast