"Get Your Rotom Running!" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: "Get Your Rotom Running!" Review Thread

Listenin' to Dragons...! LightningKimba's Avatar
    Follow LightningKimba On Twitter Add LightningKimba on Facebook
    Follow LightningKimba on Tumblr Visit LightningKimba's Youtube Channel

Default Re: "Get Your Rotom Running!" Review Thread

Rotom is literally one of the few Ghost pokémon I find awesome now (All the back when Haunter and Gengar acted as a Manzai duo XD), such a bundle of awesomesauce in one little spark-like ghost.

Piplup kind of annoyed me in this ep, but it's a "mascot" now, so no need to be annoyed with it. It's doing its job.

And I believe that the Old Gateau is like a publicity thing, you know, like how Burger King has Whoppers, McDonalds' McFlurries, even Wendy's Frosties. It's a thing to get people to want it. Why Old, who knows. I guess it makes grown men cry for the taste.

I could take or leave the opening... of course, I usually fast forward through the opening anyway, so it doesn't really affect the show for me.

As for the episode itself, it was a nice little filler episode. It's been a while since we had a Pokemon that was proudly being a dick to our heroes. Of course, despite playing the game, I had NO idea what Gateau actually was... I ended up having to Google search the thing. I'm sure in previous era it would have probably been dubbed as "brownies"...

So was the score of the episode altered? I did notice an unusual amount of silence...

Don't make Twilight angry PokemonHero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    So was the score of the episode altered? I did notice an unusual amount of silence...
    They seemed to keep a lot of the silence from the original, but they changed some of the pieces, such as when Cut Rotom chased after Ash, Pikachu, and Chimchar. In the original, it was a much wackier piece. But they did keep the most important piece of the episode: the Brock/Fridge Rotom scene.

I Kiss A Girl n I Like IT Amazed4587's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed this episode. This was one of my favorites, but it was hard to get used to the episode because the BGM was weird to me. I don't know, but afterwards, I got grip of it.

Me and my friend of mine laughed so hard as Ash chased by the lawnmower, and then Brock and the fridge. Best MOMEMNT EVER! That made me laugh to the ground. We kept imitating that scene all day as a joke. But it was a great season opener.

Ash was adorable when he was crying eating the Gateau. It was cute.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The construction worker putting on his "Big scary voice" was absolutely hilarious because it came out of frickin nowhere. The delivery in the dub made that so much funnier than the Japanese.

Other than that parts of this ep were funny, but I didn't find it as funny as some people did.

Mainly because by the end the gag was running its course, but it was a good ep for Rotom.

Finally, I get to write my review, too.

I've gotta say that I do love this great new opening. With countless awesome and heroic scenes taken directly from the Anime, beginning with the threatening Cyrus and the strong Byron and ending with Riley, the great Lucario and the victorious Ash, the video is a rousing compilation which really knocks your socks off and gets you in the right mood.
    At first the music somewhat struck me as odd, but the more often I watched it, the more it grew on me and by now, I'm delighted by it!
    I'm not lying if I say that this third D/P opening is undoubtedly the best of all three as it combines the best features of both previous openings:
    The rousing scenes of the first D/P opening and the great music of the second one. It all comes together and results in a new, unique and fantastic opening which is a huge pleasure to watch!

And now let's go on with the episode itself:
    To be honest I felt a teensy bit bored during the first 5-8 minutes as seemingly nothing exciting happened. At the latest when Ash started training, however, the episode got going. Seeing Ash and Dawn being scared and chased around by all those Rotom forms sure was funny and entertaining. And this leads me to the question which Rotom form was my favorite one: Well, it's hard to decide but I guess I'll choose the Lawnmower and the Washing Machine Rotom. The former because of its mischievous look and the latter because of its powerful attacks and its firefighter-like battling style.

But folks, please tell me: What in the world is a gateau? I've already known that it's some kind of cake, but I've neither heard of nor tasted it yet. Is it an originally American kind of biscuits? I've really become curious to taste it as it sure seemed to be delicious.

ok back to the plot: Well, the idea of a Pokemon bringing appliances to life is unique. If I had to criticize something, I'd probably complain that for a haunted house episode, it was too little scary. Maybe I raised my expectations a bit too high, but it could have had one shocking moment or two here and there. I'm talking about episodes like "Ghoul Daze", if you know what I mean

Poor Rockets! Even if they aren't up to any mischief and don't get blasted off (which probably happens once per season) they end up coming off worst. You sometimes can't help pitying them^^

A decent and entertaining episode and I the start of a great season which will hopefully exceed all expectations once more.

6.5 out of 10 points
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Eh, not that good. It gets a little better near the end, but for the most part it was a little formulaic. Meowth's "don't try this at home" comment made me cringe a little bit.

I didn't understand why Brock had such a hard time believing Ash and Dawn saw ghosts, when unlike in real life, ghosts completely obviously exist, and are very visible. I did, however, like how the music kept repeating when Brock looked at the refrigerator every time it changed back and forth from Rotom. That was pretty funny.

Dawn was feeling concerned for the Pokémon she defeated? When you use Discharge, things get hurt. It's not that hard to understand. They didn't even try to capture it. It was cute and flashy; it would have been perfect for Dawn. It would have been too similar to Pachirisu, which is understandable why she didn't catch it, but they could have at least justified it, other than her just deciding not to throw a Pokéball.

New intro... Kind of lame, but I need to get used to it before I can really decide whether or not it's worse than the old ones. I did like the unexpected Pikachu at the end, but the rest of the Pokémon seemed kind of forced. While the music was kind of weak, the visuals were cool, relative to other intros.
    Last edited by Sleet; 10th May 2009 at 01:49 PM.

Blog Entries

That episode was funny but why did Ash and Dawn just run they could've battled Rotom as it was changing forms although the lawnmower reminded me of Pac Man when Pac Man eats the big blinking yellow dots and the ghosts turn blue and run away from Pac Man

Does Team Rocket hire? ImJessieTR's Avatar

I thought it was heh-heh funny, not hahahahaha funny. I guess I'm the only one who was thinking more along the lines of Electric Gremlin from Gremlins 2.

I liked the previous opening better, though seeing Aaron and Lucario was neat.

My main gripe is this insistence on denying ghosts. HELLO! Even if you don't believe in dead HUMANS, YOU KNOW DAMN WELL GHOST POKEMON EXIST AND LIKE TO MAKE TROUBLE! Geez!
    Protect the World from Devastation -- a fanfic
    Has anyone else noticed a weird progression in fanaticism as the generations progressed? Giovanni must define himself in the presence of the religious fanatics and the cruel sociopath....

Blog Entries

The ghost thing reminded me of Lavender Tower

I think the thing is that Ghost Pokemon are one thing, "ghosts" are another...the assumption being that Ghost Pokemon are known quantities with certain behaviors and habits, and "ghosts" are something supernatural, unpredictable, and frightening.

In general, you wouldn't ordinarily expect (uncaptured) Ghost Pokemon to be staying in a building that had only been empty for a week or so, whereas Construction Worker Guy (obviously one of those adults who gets off on freaking out kids...) had primed our heroes' imaginations to jump to the "ghosts" conclusion.

Yep, that's my fanwank, and I'm stickin' to it. :nods:

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    Ash: What's that!?
    Brock: A microwave!
    Oh, Lord.
    Well, to be fair, microwaves aren't usually found sitting in the middle of the floor. I've said "what's that?" about very ordinary things that I recognized fine, but were out of place - in those cases, it isn't so much short for "What is that unknown object?" as for "What is that thingamabob doing in that highly inappropriate spot?"
    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Look, it's very simple! Lake Calamity, Lake Acurracy, and Lake Vitality! There it all is, black and white, clear as crystal! And maybe ruby and sapphire.

My Pokémon fics. Let me show you them.

Don't make Twilight angry PokemonHero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I found the dub to be really good. I didn't like it quite so much as the original because of some of the music changes (I loved the quirky BGM they played in the raw whenever Ash or Dawn was chased by one of the Rotom formes). The most important thing was that they kept the dramatic piece for the Brock/Fridge Rotom scene. Another thing I found cute that I didn't mention in the original was Buneary. The poor little thing looked so cute when frightened.

As for the opening, it won't go down as my all-time favorite, but it works just fine. I feel the same way about this opening like last season's.

Uninteresting User playthestatic's Avatar

That was Riley and Lucario in the opening, right? I squealed when I saw him. He was my favourite tag partner in the games!

Lawn mower Rotom is the most awesome thing ever. Makes me want to start training a Rotom now. Say hello to my new favourite Ghost Pokemon! Froslass, psht *boxes away in PC*.

The refrigerator/Brock thing was the funniest part, I think. The expressions on Ash and Dawn's faces (and the way Dawn was flailing her arms around) were hilarious. Ash's reaction to the lawn mower comes a close second! And if I were Ash, I would totally have thrown a Poke Ball and caught the thing, not run up to it to examine it in that are-you-okay manner. Guess Rotom's just not for Ash. I liked this episode anyway, not a bad opening to the season at all!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by playthestatic View Post
    And if I were Ash, I would totally have thrown a Poke Ball and caught the thing, not run up to it to examine it in that are-you-okay manner. Guess Rotom's just not for Ash.
    Ash isn't that trainer from Kanto who would try to catch every single Poke he sees. More often than not he captures them if they want to be captured.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash sometimes doesn't even catch Pokemon unless they beg to go with him. Turtwig, Chikorita and Heracross would have never been captured if they didn't follow Ash afterward and beg for a battle/capture.

It's kinda odd when you think of it, Ash doesn't bother to capture anything unless he's really interested in it or the Pokemon likes and follows him.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast