"Get Your Rotom Running!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: "Get Your Rotom Running!" Review Thread

Default Re: "Get Your Rotom Running!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    they prabably dont have enough funds to have any clips from high touch
    Since when was that a problem for them to use Japanese OP scenes?! They seriously disappointed me even before I got to watch/hear the OP =\
    But I think we better keep that to the OP thread...
    For the ep- I'm still interested to know if they said "The Old Gateau" and if not, how did they call that?

Fan Rotom
    Washing machine Rotom
    Fridge Rotom
    Microwave Rotom
    Lawn Mower Rotom

which one is the funnyest to u?

Blog Entries

Wow, they should have caught it.

Dawn and Ash have hair problems.

a good opening to the series.

Blog Entries

This opening is about as good as the last one. That is, it's merely okay, nothing special about it and the pokemon speaking at the end is strange. The only difference is that We Will Be Heroes is more memorable, but I still prefer the movie version. *Still complains about the Old Chateau not being in Canalave* More cooking, predicting Ash fail in 3, 2, 1... Lol, CN didn't even change their bumper. Oh, training. *self fail* Rotom even acts like Pulse man. Stupid Piplup. Nice ep, seeing all the Rotom forms. Not much else to say, though.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Other than not liking the opening, I love the goofiness of today's episode. I got a few laughs from it. :)

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

That opening wasn't so bad although they practically made their own opening instead of using some scense from High Touch.

That Rotom sure is a trouble maker.

Why would a lawnmower try to eat Pikachu, I mean I thought they ate organic stuff XD.

Wow that Rotom wanted to fool Brock so bad it ended up messing up.

And as always Dawn only cares about her hair, although it was kinda weird hearing it from Ash too.

Also first time we see food from the games besides the berries, pokeblocks and poffins.

Blog Entries

Pikachu: " Imma put mah head in heres" *glomp*

Best part of the episode.

I thought the episode was hilarious, especially the mischievous Rotom.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I'm still interested to know if they said "The Old Gateau" and if not, how did they call that?
    Yes, they called it that.

Now, to complete my review, the rest of my "running comments...."

~~~~

Heh, the old "turn around and it's normal again" trick. Heh, how many repeats are they doing? Nothing like the classic jokes. Yeah, there ya go Brock. I love Brock's weirded-out expression.

Brock still has the Gateau!

Ah-hah! The culprit is unmasked! Unmicrowaved, whatever.

Hey, did Team Rocket get lost in this plot?

And Brock protects the food once more!

Heh, curly hair heroes....and Brock has saved dessert! Aw, poor Piplup, fainted while the others laugh....

Yay! TR gets food! Oh no, it's not real! Poor guys...

I choose to believe that TR kept searching and found the kitchen set up, and tried the do-it-yourself thing and made some and ate some themselves...yeah, yeah....that's the ticket....

All in all, a fun little filler. But I wish Team Rocket had been more involved in the haunting/running/screaming plot, they're fun when they freak out. I also wish TR got to actually eat more. (I know, they got regular meals and got fat during summer school, but their semi-constant hunger still bothers me.)

(And I wanted to see Tracey on the phone...but, can't have everything. *sigh*)
    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Look, it's very simple! Lake Calamity, Lake Acurracy, and Lake Vitality! There it all is, black and white, clear as crystal! And maybe ruby and sapphire.

My Pokémon fics. Let me show you them.

I am the Aqua Rabbit. CamyPSyrup's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to say, the opening theme wasn't too bad. Now the episode was too funny! Rotom is just hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyAeon View Post
    Yes, they called it that.
    Doesn't it sounds weird the group wanted so much to eat an OLD "Gateau" (which as far as I know is like another word for "cake")
    It both didn't fit to call that jelly a "cake" if I'm right that's the meaning, and also was pretty stupid to get excited about eating a food that is OLD... I guess the twerps love food past its expiration date? XD

Of course, that's unless there's actually a meaning to "Old Gateau" that I don't know about... if that's the case, I'd like some explanation

Blog Entries

Hah. This episode was funny. Dawn's screaming at the end with Rotom was great. The new opening is nice, as well.

The Pikashipping Master ashfangirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some things I noticed in this episode that stood out:

In the games,the Old Chateau is in Eterna Forest, not Canalave City, right?

Ash kinda said something that MAY give a hint about his age:

"This Gateau is good enough to make a grown man cry!"
    Case in point, he WAS crying.....

This was the first episode in a while that had Ash screaming almost like a girl, as opposed to his normal scream, which sounds very manly. ^^

Dawn's hair looked awesome when Rotom zapped them all.

Rotom was really cute! I was hoping someone would capture it, preferably Brock, maybe?

Pikachu somehow managed to get stuck headfirst in a microwave oven. My LOL part of the episode.

The look on Pikachu's face when the construction worker was telling them about the ghost in the Old Chateau was priceless.

There were some classic Pikachu moments in here:

You know, overall, this episode is basically a Pokemon version of Quarantine. Except with no blood, murder, and involving household appliences and not Rabies. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Doesn't it sounds weird the group wanted so much to eat an OLD "Gateau" (which as far as I know is like another word for "cake")
    It both didn't fit to call that jelly a "cake" if I'm right that's the meaning, and also was pretty stupid to get excited about eating a food that is OLD... I guess the twerps love food past its expiration date? XD

Of course, that's unless there's actually a meaning to "Old Gateau" that I don't know about... if that's the case, I'd like some explanation
    I think "old" just referred to the age of the recipe, not the food itself...like "my great-great-grandmother's lasagna" means the recipe she left behind, not the lasagna she made herself before she died, lol... There's a German bakery that still makes gingerbread cakes from a middle ages recipe that's referred to (at least by American writers) as Medieval Gingerbread.

And I'm sure they chose "Old Gateau" as a name purely because it rhymed with "Old Chateau."

But, since cheesecake is a pie, Boston Cream Pie is a cake, and shortbread is a cookie/biscuit, I figure some imprecise names in deserts are acceptable...so long as they TASTE good.
    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Look, it's very simple! Lake Calamity, Lake Acurracy, and Lake Vitality! There it all is, black and white, clear as crystal! And maybe ruby and sapphire.

My Pokémon fics. Let me show you them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyAeon View Post
    I think "old" just referred to the age of the recipe, not the food itself...like "my great-great-grandmother's lasagna" means the recipe she left behind, not the lasagna she made herself before she died, lol... There's a German bakery that still makes gingerbread cakes from a middle ages recipe that's referred to (at least by American writers) as Medieval Gingerbread.

And I'm sure they chose "Old Gateau" as a name purely because it rhymed with "Old Chateau."

But, since cheesecake is a pie, Boston Cream Pie is a cake, and shortbread is a cookie/biscuit, I figure some imprecise names in deserts are acceptable...so long as they TASTE good.
    I guess your explanation is the best possible reason for that name
    But it still sounds weird to me... imagine them say in Hebrew "this old cake is so good"... XD maybe they should just call that a jelly and that's it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast