"Get the Show on the Road" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: "Get the Show on the Road" Review Thread

Lost in the digital world, but posting from Massachusetts.
    Blog Entries

An excellent episode, Haruka is such an interesting character and it's so refreshing to see someone in this world who doesn't like pokemon that much. If this is the shape of things to come(Having only seen the first 2 AG episodes, I don't know) then it will be hard for anyone who watches this series not to like pokemon, and it might even be worth all the Johto filler we've endured.

Question

I'm curious--did Jessie make a similar remark about having been to Littleroot before in the original version? *looks to Murg in all of his multi-lingual Pokémon guru-ness*

I thought it was pretty good. The music was something that bothered me only at first, but many of the voices were another story... I knew more or less what May was going to sound like though so I certainly wasn't surprised by that, only subtly disappointed, and the same thing with the three starter Pokémon (or well, mostly Mudkip I guess. Torchic was pretty good, and unlike most people I don't think Treecko's voice was bad, though it was weird). I've been trying to remind myself that Ash's voice was also distinctly different in the earlier episodes of the series, and I know that voice actors often need to "grow into" their characters before they get really comfortable doing them and their voices 'level out'. So May's voice is something I'm willing to try and overlook for the time being.

Overall I liked it, and I think mostly because it's now finally starting the new season off here in the US. Which... is exciting (and certainly something that's been hyped up enough now).
    ~*GS on Broadway!*~
    EVITA Quote of the Week:

"The actress hasn't learned the lines you'd like to hear
    She won't join your clubs, she won't dance in your halls
    She won't help the hungry once a month at your tombolas
    She'll simply take control... as you disappear"

- Eva to the Aristrocracy, The Actress Hasn't Learned (The Lines You'd Like to Hear)

Originally posted by GeneralStar
    I'm curious--did Jessie make a similar remark about having been to Littleroot before in the original version? *looks to Murg in all of his multi-lingual Pokémon guru-ness*
    Yes.

It's worth noting, however, that in neither version did she actually say that she had. She simply made a comment about how her colors had changed "since then", and didn't disagree when James took that to mean that she had been there before.
    波導は我に有り

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Blog Entries

I loved this episode, too!

I loved it when they had the preview (although I didn't quite understand everything then), and I love it even more now! ^_^

I mean, now that were in the Pokemon Advanced season, all those people that kept complaining about how bad the Master Quest season was will finally be happy, lol!

Alright, now it's time for my review! This episode's animation was really good! And yeah, I noticed how May's voice was different too, but oh well. I'll get used to it. And I loved the part when Pikachu licked Ash's bite, and Ash said something like "That's ok, Pikachu. I know you didn't mean it" That was cute! And I also loved the part when Team Rocket thought they were gonna suck away all of Pikachu's electricity with that machine, but instead they only took it's electricity that was bad. Hehe, they actually ended up doing Pikachu some good by doing that, lol! And, I loved the music during the time Team Rocket was there! It was really good! I also loved the part when May's bike got destroyed! That was funny!!! And it was something how she still wanted to go with Ash to Oldale Town after that, lol. Overall, this was a great episode to start off the new season, so I give it a 10 out of 10!

And I can't wait for next week's episode!!! *predicts it will get a 10 out of 10 too*

Oh, yeah, right. World to see. I knew that. *is extremely embarrassed* Yeah, I really like VA stuff too. How can I say I want to be a voice actress and/or a singer-songwriter if I don't even know who May's voice is (on of my favourite chars!) or tell the simple lyrics of a song? *is totally embarrassed and pathetic*

PokemonTrainerLisa, do you give every episode 10/10?

Is KidsWB airing new AG episodes on the weekdays now?!!? I heard they were, but how...?

It was Columbus instead.

Blog Entries

No, I don't give every episode a 10 out of 10, lol.

The only reason I seem to be giving straight tens lately, is because each of these last few episodes (beginning with Gotta Catch Ya Later and probably ending with this Saturday's new episode, A Ruin With A View) has been really, really, exciting for me! And, with this episode and the next one following it, we're finally starting the Pokemon Advanced season for real!!! I mean, having seen the previews and all, I've been waiting for this for a very long time....

Last edited by Trainer Lisa; 3rd November 2003 at 11:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: "Get the Show on the Road" Review Thread

Loved this beginning to a new story in Pokemon, I missed quite a few episodes in the beginning and middle part of the Hoenn saga of AG and a few near the end, the ones I have seen I haven't seen in years so I don't remember them too well. A rewatch couldn't hurt and so it all begins with the first episodes of the AG series.

Get the Show on the Road

I loved May right from the start, the fact she didn't care too much about Pokemon and only wanted to be a trainer to travel truly shows how she was at the beginning. I liked her nonchalant personality, though she was a bit boring at times because we only really saw her casual personality I can't wait until later on. I liked the way she wasn't too mad about her bike being BBQ'd and understood how much danger Pikachu was in, in-comparison to Misty who wanted to ring Ash's neck iirc. So, the bike was destroyed indirectly? I never had a clue. Either way the plot of the episode was engrossing from start to finish.

I really liked the music that played around the Pikachu-electricity-being-siphoned scene, it was a type of playful cute music you'd expect. 4kids' music as well as the Japanese music that played this episode was refreshing compared to DP's and pre-BW2's. The voice-acting was good as well. The dialogue was so utterly refreshing that I watched without fast-forwarding here and there for the first time in ages. The usual "Yay let's go", "Yay friends", "Yay battles" stuff we get to hear about every other week in DP and some parts of BW was dealt with from the beginning for the most part, leaving lots of room for a colorful palette of lines and dialogue.

I found TR somewhat entertaining in this episode too. Jessie going through her mid-life crisis and her being all "Is there any point to my life aside from chasing Pikachu?" was a nice minuscule side-plot. At the end when Pikachu sent them packing with that excess electricity-fueled Thunderbolt her being all "THIS AMAZING PIKACHU IS ALL THE BOSS WOULD WANT!" dramatically was priceless. For some reason I thought it was really really ridiculous everyone in this episode kept saying Pikachu would explode, though that showed how urgent the situation was.

May picking Torchic was adorable, nice foreshadowing there for Ash also. ;P

Ash didn't exactly seem too keen on traveling with May, but still her motives and reasons for following him were pretty funny as well as their interactions so it was a good set-up episode that did a good job of not doing too much at once. How ironic was it TR fixed their own problem with Pikachu's electricity excess? Liked that. XD

Hoenn must have a shitty Pokegoverment, Littleroot is a seaside metropolis.....without a Pokemon Center.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12