Like Tree1Likes

Thread: "Get the Show on the Road" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Thumbs up "Get the Show on the Road" Review Thread

Japanese Episode 001: "A New Land! A New Adventure!"
    American Episode 273: "Get the Show on the Road"

Someone really needs to get Kids' WB! a dictionary. The network is promoting this as the world premiere of Pokémon Advanced, yet this episode's already been shown in Japan, the U.S. (as a sneak preview back in March), and the U.K. World premiere...riiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Anyway, today's the long-awaited premiere of Pocket Monsters Advance Generation, aka the anime's atonement for Jouto. It's a new land with new pokemon and new characters, and the show is just a whole lot of fun.

Post your thoughts about the episode here. Also, please avoid posting spoilers for events that happen in future episodes since this isn't the Anime Spoilers forum.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

*points to s/n* HARUKA MAY HARUKA MAY HARUKA MAY EEEEE!

It was really great to see Haruka and Houen on a real TV. I mean, I've seen screenshots and stuff, but that big screen in front of you with the Kids WB logo in the corner...life is good. I really like May's voice...it's fits her really well.

I knew that Pikachu was going to be "sick" in this epi, so I was thinking, "oh great he's going to be sick and everyone's going to have a cow over Pikachu." After I saw how "sick" Pikachu really was, I felt really bad and hoped he got better for everyone's sake. Do you think that all that supercharged energy PIkachu obtained before the Pewter City rematch had boosted his electricity compassity? (since Professor Birch's machine couldn't handle it...)

Jessie: "I guess my colours have changed over the years..." Well, there's an explaination for all those who noticed/are upset about her changed hair colour! I'm interested to know Jessie's connection with Littleroot, which we will probably find out in the next few episodes, or sometime during the AG.

I really liked Prof Birch's assistant dude guy's (Joshua's) voice. I dunno why.

When Mudkip water gunned May, I literally laughed out loud. At first, I didn't know that I was laughing, so I thought, "Who the heck is laughing so loud and what are they laughing at?" And then I realized, "Oh, that's me! Hahahaha! " Yeah, I'm weird like that.

During the commercial break, before it returned to "Who's that Pokemon?", (Lanturn ), it was the Kids WB "Now back to the show" thingy, and Ash was riding an Arcanine ride with a girl with short blue hair. Does anyone know who that girl is? She looked like a cross between Janine(a?) (Jasmine's apprentice), and Satsuki from Totoro. It should've been Misty in that girl's place!

One thing that kinda frustrated me was that Haruka May didn't really like Pokemon. It was so kawaii how Torchic rubbed up against her, and she really didn't care all too much. (It was also really cute when Pikachu liked Ash's bite.) Although, I think that changes. Just look at the theme song, the "WAKU WAKU shitaiyo" part. She's marveling at the Wingulls and the Wurmples. It's true she could be looking at the scenery, but it's more likely she's transfixed by the Pokemon.

Hmm...that's all for now, I guess. Go Haruka May!

edit: I realized I was talking about the Japanese theme, since I listen to/watch that one more. XD *runs and watches/listens to the English theme* So, look at the "I'm on my way" part. XD Which reminds me, I have a question about the US opening. "A kid from Pallet Town, with a brand new _____" Odessey? Oversea? I can't really tell.
    Last edited by Shiksa ♥; 1st November 2003 at 11:50 AM.

It was Columbus instead.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I missed the intro because I was screaming at my parents. See, I was looking all over for my Pokémon tape, including checking some tapes they'd used...

...and found they taped stupid COP SHOWS over MY POKéMON TAPE! The last ep I now have is the battle against Harrison!

So that's several episodes GONE.

Basically, it's a DAMN good thing I'd seen this ep before.

And I still can't get over how Birch sounds like Spencer Hale. There must be something with the professors or something.

I was a bit disappointed by this dub ep. The translation was fairly good, but the music.... Was it really necessary for them to change *all* of it?
    波導は我に有り

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I noticed that too when I did the comparison for the episode this past March, though they DID keep one piece of music intact (in this episode, it was the Team Rocket theme--in next week's episode, it'll be the music during Ash's and Team Rocket's battle). It seems that the trend now is to replace most of the music and only keep a piece or two here or there, which is really regrettable.

Unfortunately, this means that any dramatic scenes in "A Poached Ego" will be thoroughly ruined by 4Kids' music.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Aaaaah! I didn't get to see it! I was staying over at friend's house, but since she's ok with Pokemon, I was planning to watch it in the morning, but NO, she had to keep coming up with excuses to stay on the internet until 4:30 AM. In the morning, my mom and sister came to get me at ten until ten and I have an art class on Saturdays at ten, but I wasn't ready or anything, then I lost one of my contacts while I was getting dressed and stuff, then my mom was pissed at me...

In other words, I'm *not* having a good day and I damn well better be able to see this episode on Friday.

Blog Entries

I liked the ep back in March. I loved it today. Dunno why, but it seemed better the second time. Maybe because now I've actually seen, and not just read about, how all the characters arrive at that point in time.

And was it just me, or was May's voice deeper in the March ep? I seem to remember it sounding more like Ash's when the ep was shown in March, yet here it sounded more unique. Maybe I'm just going insane.

It was redubbed. Before it was Rachel Lillis, I think, and now it's either Veronica Taylor or Lisa Ortiz. Most people say it's Veronica Taylor, but a few other people, including me, think it's Lisa Ortiz. I didn't remember to look at the credits today, not that it would've helped us, because in most anime it just says, "Featuring the voices of:" And Veronica Taylor is Ash, so it would not prove if she's just Ash or May and Ash.

It was Columbus instead.

I liked that new title sequence. Looks like there'll be an arrow to show where it'll be taking place on the Hoenn map.
    A great saying is a bunch of words strung together so that you sound like you know what the heck you're talking about.

Orange Soda Online

I loved this episode. ^_^ I loved it back in March, too, actually. :D

First off, it WAS redubbed. The first time it aired, May sounded much more like Ash-- but this time, her voice was higher pitched. They probably didn't really have time to figure out exactly what her voice should sound like the first time around-- after all, that episode aired way back in March, and they may (bad, bad pun)have suddenly been asked to dub it.

And if you don't believe me that it was redubbed, go back and listen to the first airing of the episode--at the beginning, when introducing herself, May said, "but just between you and I", and in the airing today, she said, "but just between you and me".

May's voice has always been done by Veronica Taylor. I'm a bit VA/seiyuu obsessed... I know these things, trust me. :D I do, however, wonder if the redubbing is a sign that things are not working out, and they'll have someone else do the voice. That wouldn't be totally out of question, I think, since May will be in a LOT of episodes-- after all, they took Ted Lewis out of the role of James. Or, if, say, Veronica Taylor felt really overworked, and, they had Rachael Lillis do May's voice (Ash does have more lines than Misty and Jessie combined ever did).

I do like May's voice, though. ^__^

That scene of Ash riding Arcanine was from one of the episodes from last season... or the season before that. I'm not sure. But I do remember that episode. Heh, that commerial was funny. "Anyone got a quarter?" :P
    Last edited by YumeHeart; 1st November 2003 at 05:58 PM.
    Yume <3 Heart
    Pokémon forever!

Proud Member of Pokémaniacs Anonymous
    Because growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional.

Originally posted by YumeHeart
    That scene of Ash riding Arcanine was from one of the episodes from last season... or the season before that. I'm not sure. But I do remember that episode. Heh, that commerial was funny. "Anyone got a quarter?" :P
    The episode was called The Stolen Stones, I believe.
    A great saying is a bunch of words strung together so that you sound like you know what the heck you're talking about.

Orange Soda Online

Originally posted by Haruka May
    edit: I realized I was talking about the Japanese theme, since I listen to/watch that one more. XD *runs and watches/listens to the English theme* So, look at the "I'm on my way" part. XD Which reminds me, I have a question about the US opening. "A kid from Pallet Town, with a brand new _____" Odessey? Oversea? I can't really tell.
    *listens to low quality recording*
    I think it's "world to see".
    波導は我に有り

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Yeah, I thought it was "world to see" as well. ^^
    Yume <3 Heart
    Pokémon forever!

Proud Member of Pokémaniacs Anonymous
    Because growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional.

SOOOOONANSU!!

This episode wa ok. It was one of the few episodes where I was glad to see Tr make an apearance, the episode got better after they showed up. Everything before wasn't that interesting to me, except the scenes with May. TR had some great lines and a cool robot. I liked all the scenes with May spying on Ash and how she tricked him into traveling with her. The animation looked AWESOME!! overall I give this episode 2 stars. Good, but nothing really exciting.

Yep, Veronica Taylor played May in the first dub in March and the new dub now. I guess I'm the only one who liked her March dub voice better. Right now I think she sounds too much like Ash ^^, back in March Veronica was using her Yukino Miyazawa voice (Kare Kano dub) and I thought it worked pretty well. Now I wish I had kept the march sneak previews and not taped over them
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Golden Wang of Justice Mozz's Avatar The Golden Wang of Justice
    Blog Entries

One of the best dubbed episodes I've ever seen. They really did a great job, IMO
    Wobb!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast