Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck!

my OBE garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Default The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck!

BW054 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Ash and friends encounter an ambitious photographer hoping to capture a picture of a rare phenomenon in which all four forms of the Season pokemon, Sawsbuck, will meet together temporarily in a single location.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck!

Pokemon photographer? I guess it really has been a long time since we've seen Snap, huh? This ep acts like the game a lot in the beginning, too. Did Ash say that he wants to see as many pokemon as possible in the raw, too? So that's how the Sawsbuck all exist here, this place defies time.
    Step into the Fairy circle

I really like episodes like this. Episode that kinda delve into the little oddities in the pokemon world, that just like in our own with real life animals, we don't understand. Robert was a likable COTD, with an actually achievable real goal that we got to see, and while the actual animation for this ep was fucking all over the place, I thought the art was really nice.

Also Amoonguss is evidently as huge a fuckin troll in the anime as he was in the games.

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

I really liked this episode.

First of all, the COtD was very interesting. Photographers are really awesome, as my friends call me one. Robert was very enjoyable.

This whole Sawsbuck plot was awesome. I liked how all Sawsbuck were at that one place at the same time. So the place defies time? Interesting. So there WAS no sunset after all? Deerling was also cute.

I guess the main "antagonist" was the Amoonguss? I see so.

That's all I have to say about this episode. Pretty awesome to me.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A much better episode than the last one. And now I can see that the place where all four Sawsbuck gathered defied time. So that's how it was possible.

Follow mijuwott On Twitter Add mijuwott on Facebook
    Follow mijuwott on Tumblr

I personally loved this episode. I like the ones that focus on the Pokemon themselves, and how mysterious and beautiful they are in nature. My favourite episode in awhile.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

I like how Ash and Robert get separated from Iris and Cilan, Robert says "Oh hey, where are your friends?" and Ash is like "Oh man, they were right behind me! Hey, let's go look for that Deerling now, okay?"

Some friend you are, Ash. How would they have felt if you had actually been gone a day instead of ten minutes?

"Grandpa, people are saying the picture was Photoshopped!"
    "Back in my day, we didn't have Photoshop! Or typewriters, for that matter! Kids these days."

The photo Robert ultimately took of the Sawsbuck was actually not bad. I could make out even the seasons they represented in the photo. Loved Cilan and Iris's reactions, though. "Eh... I don't see it..." "If you look reeeeally close..."

Pretty good episode, and I also enjoyed the fact that Pikachu's rarity in the Unova region was brought up again, as well as some bonding time between Ash and Pikachu.

Perhaps if they shaped the button of the camera like the button on a Pokeball Ash might have been able to figure out that complex piece of technology and take a photo himself. Though maybe he'd start thinking the camera was an Amoongus.

Any responsible trainer should have his own antidotes - like how Ash expected Robert to, I'm sure Iris could have found a few Pecha berries to pack with him - why is it every storyline convenience ends up making Ash out to be a total idiot who can't think for himself? At the very least, why not let Sewaddle out to make a bandage for his head or something - just to make it look like Ash was at least trying something other than just carrying him around in circles hoping for the best.

I didn't like Sawsbuck and Robert's voices, though Amoongus was amusing enough. Ash's Pikachu bonding was probably the main plus point for this episode, but it wasn't bad.

I just want to know how the area the four Sawsbuck were in in which time is twisted relates to the spring glowing a golden light and healing Robert. I just didn't see a connection between them. Robert was so funny, he was so motivated to find the Sawsbuck that when Ash mentioned that the fog was coming in he flat out told him he didn't care, and then Ash acted like his old idiotic self and just was like "duh, okay," instead of getting offended.

The Amoonguses were funny, and I LOVED the beginning when Ash was tickling Pikachu.
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

Wow, believe it or not but I was pleasantly surprised that this episode actually turned out to be an awesome one!
    The first ten minutes, especially Robert's explanation why the Sawsbuck had to be on that special mountain ( I mean the flowers could grow somewhere else as well, couldn't they?) were not that exciting but he story got better from minute to minute. It finally culminated in an awesome picturesque scene at the spring. Also, I definitely loved the fact that they included a mysterious element, namely the blurring of boundaries between two different worlds that even resulted in a time shift. Don't you agree with me that today's episode reminded you of "Ghoul Daze", one of the creepiest and best episodes ever?
    We really, really need much more of this kind of episodes as it gives a much-needed touch of mystery to Pokemon that I've been missing for quite some time now.

All in all a decent episode with only a few mistakes.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

I think the only reason why I liked the original episode was because of Kappei Yamaguchi, but reading the review thread made me remember that it was just a really feel-good story-driven episode with a good COTD.

It's still glaringly annoying how Satoshi was completely okay with not having his friends around and that was a cheap way to get Iris and Dent out of the picture not that I ever complain about less Iris, of course, though.

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
    It's still glaringly annoying how Satoshi was completely okay with not having his friends around and that was a cheap way to get Iris and Dent out of the picture
    Ash knows that sooner or later, all his friends will leave, and he'll be alone again. It's good that he can forget about them at the drop of a hat, since it seems to be a good defense mechanism.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

I loved the beginning, with Ash tickling Pikachu. Nice to see some real Trainer-Pokemon love outside of just battling.
    I really liked Robert as a COTD, because he had a good voice and an awesome life goal.
    Those Amoonguss were so derpy, they were hilarious
    And that spring with all four Sawsbuck...spellbinding.

Y Rotation Team

- It was so cute seeing Ash petting Pikachu on the head. Pikachu enjoyed it so much
    - The music while Robert was getting healed at the secret spring was very soothing.
    - It seemed like the spring/fog area was in a different world or time or something.
    - The Amoongus were really tricky in this episode, dancing/moving around trying to lure Pokemon in to attack them.

Comfort ghost Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

If only all filler episodes were this good, so much better than last week's. It had a lot of emotional scenes, and Robert is easily one of the best CotDs the show has ever had. I'm actually disappointed he probably won't appear ever again.

According to the Pokedex, very few Pokemon are fooled by Amoonguss' tricks, and Pikachu just barely avoided getting poisoned. I always thought he was smarter than his trainer, tut tut. Good thing Ash & Robert were only gone a few seconds in actual time, imagine how worried Cilan would've been if Ash went missing for over a day?

Who is this git?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast