REVIEW: "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" & "Pikachu and Eevee Friends" (Take Two) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" & "Pikachu and Eevee Friends" (Take Two)

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" & "Pikachu and Eevee Friends" (Take Two)

I've only seen the trailers, but I'm guessing the actual movie itself went with that weird Gensect pronunciation ("g" as in "gentle" as opposed to "g" as in "green") instead of the Japanese one?

Also, did New Tork City keep its name?

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway
    -Was that just the TV cut, or is the intro really after that first scene with Mewtwo?
    Here's what I wrote about the opening when the Japanese version came out in July:

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu's Backpack
    The producers of the movie played around with the format a bit. Usually it's Pikachu the Movie logo → World of Pokemon segment → cold opening → Pocket Monsters logo → Movie logo → Satoshi and his friends → opening theme, but this time they rearranged that. In this year's movie, it goes Pikachu the Movie logo → cold opening → Movie logo → World of Pokemon segment → Satoshi and his friends → opening theme. It was...kind of weird.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on May 16th, 2015

Default Re: "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" & "Pikachu and Eevee Friends" (Take Two)

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I've only seen the trailers, but I'm guessing the actual movie itself went with that weird Gensect pronunciation ("g" as in "gentle" as opposed to "g" as in "green") instead of the Japanese one?

Here's what I wrote about the opening when the Japanese version came out in July:

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu's Backpack
    The producers of the movie played around with the format a bit. Usually it's Pikachu the Movie logo → World of Pokemon segment → cold opening → Pocket Monsters logo → Movie logo → Satoshi and his friends → opening theme, but this time they rearranged that. In this year's movie, it goes Pikachu the Movie logo → cold opening → Movie logo → World of Pokemon segment → Satoshi and his friends → opening theme. It was...kind of weird.
    the pronounced it like genocide

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTrainStationH View Post
    I like the fact that the Unova region is based on New York City and New Jersey with liberties taken, but with the basic geography, and the locations of key features being directly from the real life NYC metropolitan area, but in this movie, there's a city WITHIN Unova that's literally the New York City from OUR OWN WORLD just transplanted into the Pokémon World.

Mewtwo was literally standing on top of the Manhattan Bridge, but theoretically the Manhattan Bridge should be directly adjacent the Skyarrow Bridge.
    Don't forget Times Square!

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Did you guys notice the Pokemon Baccer game being broadcast on the TVs in "Times Square?"

I remember PokéBeach saying back in July how a specific scene in the movie was reminiscent of 9/11 and would probably be cut out in the English Dub. Surprisingly, it wasn't. Honestly, I'm actually shocked Cartoon Network didn't choose to cut this scene.

Screenshot:

Blog Entries

^ Yeah, I am a bit surprised that they kept that in. But considering it's been 12 years, maybe they felt it would be okay.

Maybe it was just me, but seeing Cilan's Crustle with a group of Dwebble "fan-mon" was hilarious. I cracked up laughing when I realized what was going on. XD

Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

I hope that Sableye is a hint that someone will catch one in the near future like with Bonsly, Munchlax and Buizel, because I thought it was really cute. Other than that, I have almost nothing but complaints about this movie, but listing them all would be arduous and tiresome, so I won't bother.

Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

This was an ok movie for me, not the best but not the worst either.

* It was very cute seeing the group of Dwebble admiring Cilan's Crustle and then it blushing.
    * Odd how the movie didn't mention the name of the city and kept calling it "the city"
    * Disappointed that Eric didn't really do too much throughout the movie.
    * I enjoyed the battling between Mewtwo and the Red Genesect, though the way Red Genesect turned around so easily after Mewtwo explained the world to him was a bit confusing.
    * Ash was pretty funny when riding the Douse Drive Genesect.
    * I liked the intensity of the battle scenes with all of the Pokemon vs the group of Genesect.
    * The Chansey recurring joke was pretty weird, since Chance and Luck can't really be used for the same meaning. I presume it was based off the Lucky jokes in the Japanese version. It was funny and cute though.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Meowstic
    I remember PokéBeach saying back in July how a specific scene in the movie was reminiscent of 9/11 and would probably be cut out in the English Dub.
    Like I said back in July...PokéBeach was wrong. "Buildings being destroyed" is not a 9/11 reference. "City on fire" is not a 9/11 reference. "Debris falling from a building" is not a 9/11 reference.

I honestly feel that the only people who are able to watch this movie and think "OMG 9/11!!!" are hypersensitive Americans looking for yet another reason to hate on this movie.

Trophies

I remember PokéBeach saying back in July how a specific scene in the movie was reminiscent of 9/11 and would probably be cut out in the English Dub.
    Like I said back in July...PokéBeach was wrong. "Buildings being destroyed" is not a 9/11 reference. "City on fire" is not a 9/11 reference. "Debris falling from a building" is not a 9/11 reference.

I honestly feel that the only people who are able to watch this movie and think "OMG 9/11!!!" are hypersensitive Americans looking for yet another reason to hate on this movie.
    They didn't say reference, they said reminiscent. And you have to admit, it is reminiscent.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

It really isn't.

Trophies

It really isn't.
    I think you're trying too hard to not see it.

I'm Canadian (And I wasn't even told about 9/11 until years after it happened.) and 9/11 immediately came to mind when I saw that scene.

The city was never named, but I'm certain some parts of this film were cut for TV... the World of Pokemon intro was definitely cut down, and I think we lost the narrator intro too (at least the full closing credits were retained this time).

For trivia fans, Bill Rogers voiced Sableye (who, as mentioned, was a completely pointless addition to the film).

Why bother Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

That scene doesn't remind me of 9/11.

/Brit.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast