REVIEW: "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" & "Pikachu and Eevee Friends" (Take Two) - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" & "Pikachu and Eevee Friends" (Take Two)

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Default Re: "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" & "Pikachu and Eevee Friends" (Take Two)

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    They had enough to cram into this movie as it was. Trying to shoehorn N into the story - a character who already got an entire arc to himself - means they would have had to cut some other stuff out.
    If they intended to have N as a fixture of the plot to begin with, that hypothetical version of the movie would be able to accommodate. Obviously including him in what they have now wouldn't fit, though it's not like I wouldn't have preferred that over certain aspects of the plot either way.

I wouldn't call it shoehorning either, at least in the hypothetical scenario that involves the movie delving into N further investigating the Genesect problem. N was part of the prelude to the Genesect movie, after all. It's out-of-character for him to just drop it regardless. (Actually, I think N looking into the Genesect problem would have made for a better prologue than the Mewtwo one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    So...do Japanese kids get confused seeing "Monsters University" and "Pocket Monsters" together in theaters?
    As confused as they get when they see those blasted "Digital Monsters" running about on television. Don't get me started when Doraemon-related commercials air consecutively after Pokemon commercials.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 19th July 2013 at 04:54 AM.
    Yato likes this.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" & "Pikachu and Eevee Friends" (Take Two)

Well since Summerly Slope was used in the movie, it'll be interesting to see what the extended version of It's Always You and Me will sound like if TPCi uses it in the dub.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Also, a bunch of Ishizumai find Dent's Iwapalace and start to fanboy / fangirl over it, presumably because Iwapalace is this cool evolved pokemon. They then start to follow Iwapalace around the park.
    This sounds really, really cute. It was annoying Iwapalace's characterization as a Ishizumai was lost, so this is nice.

There's this really funny scene where Satoshi is asking Genosect if it's lost. He says the word for lost child - maigo (迷子) - but it seems like Genosect doesn't understand what that means. So, after thinking for a minute, he stands up and shouts ""Mo~m!? Mo~m!? Where are you?" - Y'know, someone like that."
    This Moe-sect will be the death of me, that's just adorable.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 19th July 2013 at 05:23 PM.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

• When Satoshi and his friends arrive at Pokemon Hills, Dent talks about how lucky (ラッキー) they are that they get to see this facility before it's opened to the public. Satoshi gets excited and thinks Dent's saying that there's a Lucky (also ラッキー) in the area, prompting Iris to chastise him for being ridiculous. And then, as if to make Iris look stupid, an actual Lucky walks by! The same pun is repeated again with the Rocket-Dan later in the movie.
    Haha, I really like this part.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

I also wanted to ask, how was Iris' design in this movie? Was it more accurate than M15?

4th Gen made me happy... unable to battle's Avatar

I loved the movie theme song "Egao" ever since I heard it in the preview, but now I simply can't stop listening to the full version. It' such a cheerful song. : )

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin
    I also wanted to ask, how was Iris' design in this movie? Was it more accurate than M15?
    Not really :/
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Did Ash's Pokémon do anything? Did Charizard have a lot of screentime and do something noteworthy?

Blog Entries

Was Team Rocket in a lot of the Film or not really.

Blog Entries

What Pokemon not shown in the previews lived in Pokemon Hills?

And speaking of which, I'm shocked that they didn't include any Kalos Pokemon in the area. I mean, it certainly would've made more sense than Ordile.

Blog Entries

What moves did that Gang of Pokemon under Gothitelle in The Pikachu short know does anyone know at all.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander4
    Did Ash's Pokémon do anything? Did Charizard have a lot of screentime and do something noteworthy?
    Not really. He let out all his pokemon at the beginning of the movie so they could play during the opening credits. Other than that, we don't really see any of his pokemon until he has his Mijumaru join in with the other Water-Types to extinguish the fire that breaks out in Pokemon Hills. His Lizardon also helps break Myuutwo's / Red Genosect's fall at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ArginX
    What Pokemon not shown in the previews lived in Pokemon Hills?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial
    What moves did that Gang of Pokemon under Gothitelle in The Pikachu short know does anyone know at all.
    No idea.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

OSHAWHAT?

If you're interested, the Japanese Amazon website is one of the places where you can legally hear samples of some of the pieces of music from this movie and mini-movie.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Blog Entries

I am Curious if Team Rocket did Anything?

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post
    I am Curious if Team Rocket did Anything?
    Again, all they did was set up a Chevhok's Gun:

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    They sort-of kind-of contributed. At one point in the movie, the Rocket trio's snuck into Pokemon Hills and watch as the Genosect make the cocoon. Kojirou points a bazooka and is about to fire when the Red Genosect (I think? It could have just been one of the regular Genosect) zips in and blasts them away. The bazooka falls onto one of the threads holding the cocoon in the air. Later, an attack or something shakes Pokemon Hills, causing Kojirou's bazooka to jostle loose and fall down toward one of the Genosect. I don't remember 100% what happened here, but I *think* it was Satoshi who has one of his pokemon push the bazooka away with an attack to prevent it from injuring the Genosect. This, in turn, helps the pokemon trust him more.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast