REVIEW: Explorers of the Hero's Ruin! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Explorers of the Hero's Ruin!

Default Re: Explorers of the Hero's Ruin!

I really liked Cedric Juniper in this ep. He's kind of crazy, but he seems a lot of fun to be around. =)

Y Rotation Team

I really love adventured-centered episodes, so of course I raised my hopes very high...and was disappointed in the end. I for one would call this a rather bad episode and that's why I'm surprised what unexpectedly positive response it is met with in this thread.

The story had huge potential, and could have been a copy of "Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade", one of my favorite adventure movies. But look what we got instead: A goofy and partly even dishonest professor who enjoys seeing other people getting into trouble, a scenery that, to be honest, wasn't animated beautifully in any way and last but not least, a plot that turned out to be neither exciting nor plausible because it lacked the necessary coherence. Honestly, it appeared to me that the writers just put together different, loosely-connected scenes that didn't really make sense as a whole. The booby traps seemed cheap and predictable, the professor's intentions never really became clear and the underlying background story about that hero was... well, was there a real background story in the first place? I guess nobody would have noticed if they had just left it out.
    In short: This episode was a waste of potential and given that I love adventures and think that Pokemon needs much more episodes revolving around exploration and adventure, I'm really disappointed and angry. Couldn't the writers have just planned this as a two parter with exciting twist and turns and a well thought out background story? I say yes and it would have been so easy.
    Last edited by Queen Cynthia; 3rd June 2012 at 06:20 PM.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Registered User charizardmaster125's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I got a nice suprise when I heard Stuart, so TPCi, please let Stuart Zagnit reprise his old role because he is Professor Oak! (& Cedric Juniper LOL)

Blog Entries

Visit Karisse's Youtube Channel

Ugh, Cedric is even more irritating in the anime than he was in the games. >_>

Anyway...this was a rather peculiar episode overall. I had no idea Cofagrigus could walk on its hands, though; that was rather startling. And....why? Why was Sigilyph's voice so...stupid? ._.

For an episode that included two of my favorite Gen 5 Pokémon, I have to say I was kind of disappointed...

Also, F--K SKELETONS D: *shudder*

Bishounen Pride! • Claims: Ayane, Xingcai • YouTube Channel

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did anyone else think that Cedric was a bit of a jerk? And after TPTB had turned Alder into a doofus. I shudder to think of what's next.
    Honestly, I LOVED both of these guys because of how the anime portrayed them. Cedric was pretty unremarkable in the games, and while I liked Alder in the games already, I don't mind them giving a bit more personality to the Champ as opposed to just making him a flat serious character like they did with Steven and Lance.

In fact, I'd say Best Wishes really hits it out of the park when it comes to older men...Alder, Cedric, Don George, Skyla's Grandfather (in the Misaltron Tower episode), and the scientist in the Elgyem episode are all characters I really liked. No surprise, the anime has a pretty good record with old men characters like Sullivan from the Whiscash episode and Professor Westwood.

Comfort ghost Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Easily one of my favourite BW episodes so far, and one of the funniest of all time, even the montage had me in stitches, if only because it was so surreal. Notice how Snivy got the last shot? That proves how important she is.

This was also probably the only time that Iris' complaints have felt somewhat justified (for the most part) - as much as a hoot Cedric was to watch, if someone put me in danger needlessly that often, I'd want to hit them in the face.

Who is this git?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12