REVIEW: Eevee & Friends - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Eevee & Friends

Default Re: Eevee & Friends

Was the video quality bad for anyone else? I couldn't watch it fullscreen, it was too blurry.

It was cute, but yeah, the narration was too much.

The sunset (sunsets are pretty much guaranteed to be awesome in this anime) and the space scenes really were beautiful.

Too much narration. Sounds like Bonnie, no offense. Also the ending theme is cool for tweens' because it sounded like something out of Radio Disney. I like the Japanese Ending way better.
    Coming soon... Vinesauce corrupts Pokemon! Join Vinny as he catches Pokemon like he'd never seen before!

This way leads to Argolis, but with the power you havepartxnbbcqalwxww
    un2MG0040114A10000 00010
    0_6j00 0 SWXUPLLXVHDMD B
    RYHYN

Loving all things Eevee Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    The only thing that bothered me, and it really shouldn't at this point, was that I just couldn't wrap my mind around how this event would be canonically possible, especially since the announcer said they'd "have fun again tomorrow" or something along those lines. I just kept thinking: "Where the hell is Ash?"
    The Pikachu shorts generally aren't designed to have much relation to the main series, beyond the featured pokemon corresponding with whatever is on the main characters' teams at the time. Whereas the early theatrical shorts were often book-ended by brief appearances from Ash and co, from the ANA shorts onward they've tended to focus entirely upon the pokemon having adventures in their own private world, usually without a single human in sight. They're probably best regarded as simple spin-offs rather than direct supplements to the main story and, as such, don't necessarily have to be seen as existing in quite the same continuity.
    I understand that. That's why I said it shouldn't bother me at this point. But still, in the back of my mind, I always question it.
    Me too.
    But while I understand that these shorts are always pokemon only oriented it still makes you go "Where the heck is Ash?" because Ash and pikachu are inseparable! How could pikachu just go off on these adventures and Ash not for a second wonder what's going on with pikachu? And I know Cilan would have been more responsible and Iris would have been worried about Axew and Pansage. They just look like they don't care. At least say you dropped them off at a park for relaxation ot something.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The genders of each of the Eeveelutions were made apparent to us:

Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon and Umbreon are male while Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon are female.

Unfortunately I'm unsure about Eevee due to it clearly being a child.

This was a cute short. It was clearly made to appeal to little kids, but I enjoyed it, especially the sky show scene.
    Eevee felt like a boy to me in spite of the little heart put on his picture.

Other than the Narrative being unnecessary the movie itself was cute and I loved the sky show! It was so beautiful. This is my favorite short ever! (For obvious reasons. )

Honestly, it was much better than I thought it would be. And I love the ending song.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The narration was so annoying, I felt like I was being talked down to for the entire special - I can see what's happening, yet the narrator won't shut up... The special itself was kinda boring, too.
    Last edited by Misty Calls Masquerain; 24th January 2014 at 08:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12