REVIEW: DP Movie 04 (Movie 13) "Phantom Ruler Zoroark" Review Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: DP Movie 04 (Movie 13) "Phantom Ruler Zoroark" Review Thread

Default Re: DP Movie 04 (Movie 13) "Phantom Ruler Zoroark" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    Yep, Kenta was clear as a bell in his HGSS outfit. There was kind of a collective ._. in the theatre when he was battling Ash, and not Silver.
    And did we see his face? I ask because I seem to remember in Brendan's (RS hero) cameos we didn't see his face
    As Unown Lord said, I'd also like to know which Pokémon they used
    Could you also explain everything else they showed in the intro scene other than Ash VS Jimmy? like scenes from previous movies, past legendaries, random scenes of people with Pokémon (sometimes there are interesting or nice stuff in these scenes) and so on... I'd like to know everything you remember, as detailed as possible... sorry if I ask too much XD I just love these scenes

The ending credits were definitely a "goodbye Sinnoh" featuring all the anime characters, Jun, Paul, Nozomi, all the coordinators and folks from the League as well, Conway, Nando, etc etc. The Gym Leaders, E4 and then Palmer and Cynthia were shown one by one in "epic still" form. It was very pleasing for a big fan of Sinnoh!
    So they all appeared as random still shots? too bad, I hoped we could see each of them doing something, like seeing Maylene at her Gym with Lucario, Zoey could appear in Snowpoint with Candice, etc... could be really nice... but I'm happy they showed them at all
    Palmer is a nice surprise

LOL! XD
    That's really funny... and I wonder if they really intentually did it to hint at Ash going to Isshu alone
    I really hope Dawn and Brock will get full ep dedicated for them leaving (actually, one ep and half an ep in Dawn's case) since they both deserve it... I hope their departure will be done as good as possible... I really want to League to be rushed now just to allow time for this

Seek the sparrow prince Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

All of the people I mentioned in the montage had their signature Pokemon, except for Paul who was walking around alone XD
    :P I wanted him to be seen with Dodaitose...
    Ah well, when it comes out on DVD and such I can't wait to see the Urara still.
    Thank you for the info!

So Jimmy with Donphan? oh well... I wanted to see Typhlo again but whatever...
    At least they showed everyone with their main Poké... that's nice... and I guess it's fitting that Paul was shown alone and not with a Poké XD

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

So aside from Raikou Ash has at one point owned all of Jimmy's pokemon, quilava sort of counts.

For some reason now that I know this movie is bad I want to see it even more.

Blog Entries

Is it sad that I mostly love how Ash
    ? XD
    [/notapatheticfangirlatall]

Thanks SO much for all this info! It makes me more excited about getting my greedy little* hands on the DVD by the end of this year.

*Not little

Quote Originally Posted by Porkabu View Post
    So aside from Raikou Ash has at one point owned all of Jimmy's pokemon, quilava sort of counts.
    Raikou was never Jimmy's Pokémon

Blog Entries

Really subtle foreshadowing there, guys.

Aside from the plot, the movie seems interesting. Though it's still sad the plot is the least interesting thing about the entire movie...

I'm guessing that when Zorua was reunited with its Ma their reunion was all mooshy and what not? I really wish Jimmy used Typhlosion for a Typhlosion vs Infernape battle but I guess Donphan is cool too.

Yeah, they really should've shown Infernape VS Typhlosion... and I think it'd be the best if they wouldn't show who wins (or show it ends with a tie)
    It's especially annoy me that Ash already owns a Donphan - they could at least give Jimmy a different gen 2 Poké
    But whatever... at least Jimmy appeared at all

Did they clearly say in the movie that Zoroark is Zorua's mother? (and no, to me Zorua calling it "Ma" means nothing if they didn't clearly say it's its mother... unless there's some meaning to "Ma" that I don't know about?)

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Yeah, they really should've shown Infernape VS Typhlosion... and I think it'd be the best if they wouldn't show who wins (or show it ends with a tie)
    It's especially annoy me that Ash already owns a Donphan - they could at least give Jimmy a different gen 2 Poké
    But whatever... at least Jimmy appeared at all

Did they clearly say in the movie that Zoroark is Zorua's mother? (and no, to me Zorua calling it "Ma" means nothing if they didn't clearly say it's its mother)
    Yeah they did say Zorua was Zoroark's son in the movie well thats what everyone else is saying atleast. But yeah Jimmy could have used a different Gen 2 Pokemon like Politoad or Ampharos.

Seek the sparrow prince Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Goukazaru doesn't need another acolade to itself (nor does Pikachu for that matter). Anyone else should have gotten that honour, no matter the foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokabu View Post
    Yeah they did say Zorua was Zoroark's son in the movie
    You can't really say this unless you watched the movie...

well thats what everyone else is saying atleast.
    That's what I want to know - how did people get to this conclusion?
    I'm almost sure one of the trailers at Filb said Zoroark is Zorua's friend and evolution (nakama to shinka)

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I'm almost sure one of the trailers at Filb said Zoroark is Zorua's friend and evolution (nakama to shinka)
    In the manga, Zoroa doesn't just call Zoroark "Ma" - he also says that he is looking for his ma. I suppose that the use of a Japanese word would have made the intention even clearer, but it is obvious what "Ma" means.

Kodai said "is that Zoroa you love really so important to you?" to Zoroark when she protects Zoroa early on. Later Zoroa says he wants his Ma, and Ash says his nakama (friend, companion), indicating Zoroark isn't Zoroa's actual mom, more of an adopted mom. It's never baldy stated they are really related, just hinted that Zoroark is simply protecting Zoroa like it was her child.

That ending is proof all the DP characters are leaving. I liked that farewell to the rivals like Paul/Barry, etc. Gary and Drew/Harley never got that.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast