REVIEW: DP Movie 04 (Movie 13) "Phantom Ruler Zoroark" Review Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: DP Movie 04 (Movie 13) "Phantom Ruler Zoroark" Review Thread

Default Re: DP Movie 04 (Movie 13) "Phantom Ruler Zoroark" Review Thread

I really dug Movie 9's villain (the Phantom), but wasn't into Manaphy. The Ranger stuff was uninteresting.

Here, it appears the reverse is true. I'm curious about Zoroark but the villain isn't leaving a lasting impression on anyone.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

i also want to see the movie myself. SHINY BEASTS FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    What sort of references? And what actually happened at the end?
    Zoroa said he and his Ma were stolen from way across the ocean in a big plane (it's been said Isshu is only accessible from the other regions by a plane flown across the sea). There were scenes about the foxes' "home" where shots of a field and a cave and forest were shown, it was assumed to be Isshu.

In the end there is a cute little trick I won't spoil, but it makes you think something we know will happen eventually, is happening much too early XD However some characters get on a large boat and head off back to the foxes' home. Ash shouts he will visit their home soon. At the end, the foxes are looking out across the misty ocean water at the approaching land. It's rather foretelling!

The credits then featured a very long "Goodbye Sinnoh" montage. I almost cried.

We know that Kenta appeared in the OP - did he wear the HGSS outfit? could we see his face clearly? what Poké he used and what Ash used?
    We know the Sinnoh Gym Leaders (all 8?) Elite Four (Cynthia too?) and rivals (all of them?) appeared: was anyone missing? did we just see random pictures of them or did we actually got to see each of them doing his stuff?
    Was there any other character cameo in the OP/ED or movie itself? anything else special to say other than the plot of the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    In the end there is a cute little trick I won't spoil, but it makes you think something we know will happen eventually, is happening much too early XD
    Tell me!
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

So this movie is just a transparent foreshadowing of the new series, then. That's a new low.

Didn't a lot of time elapse when the characters were on the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister
    Tell me!
    She is probably referring to Ash starting his Isshu journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    So this movie is just a transparent foreshadowing the new series, then. That's a new low.
    Sunyshore made the sweetest sounding post... and then you posted this stifling remark.

This was all stated to be at the end, not the whole movie.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Tell me!
    Yeah, let's spoil everything! (Arceus help me, I became a spoilers addicted)
    It's evil to say they did something and then not let us know what XD so I agree, tell us!
    I remember someone said a while ago (I don't know where they got it from) that at the ending we see Ash, Dawn and Brock each going alone to different places... could that be what you're talking about? (if not, did this scene exist at all?)

Also, with Ash shouting to Zorua and Zoroark he'll meet them again... I'm starting to wonder if there's any chance they'll connect next movie to this one, similar to movies 10-12

Blog Entries
    Follow Froakie On Twitter Add Froakie on Facebook
    Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Now I am intrigued! Just stick it in spoiler tags! n_n;

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    We know that Kenta appeared in the OP - did he wear the HGSS outfit? could we see his face clearly? what Poké he used and what Ash used?
    We know the Sinnoh Gym Leaders (all 8?) Elite Four (Cynthia too?) and rivals (all of them?) appeared: was anyone missing? did we just see random pictures of them or did we actually got to see each of them doing his stuff?
    Was there any other character cameo in the OP/ED or movie itself? anything else special to say other than the plot of the movie?

Haha okay! Let's see here.

Yep, Kenta was clear as a bell in his HGSS outfit. There was kind of a collective ._. in the theatre when he was battling Ash, and not Silver.

The ending credits were definitely a "goodbye Sinnoh" featuring all the anime characters, Jun, Paul, Nozomi, all the coordinators and folks from the League as well, Conway, Nando, etc etc. The Gym Leaders, E4 and then Palmer and Cynthia were shown one by one in "epic still" form. It was very pleasing for a big fan of Sinnoh!

I didn't feel the ENTIRE movie was just a long drawn out BW advertisement, but they did make quite a few references and hints at Isshu.

Blog Entries
    Follow Froakie On Twitter Add Froakie on Facebook
    Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Hahaha! Good one!
    I believed it too at first reading ._.;

As Piplup asked, which Pokémon did Jimmy and Ash use in their battle? What sort of roles did Celebi and the beasts play in the climax? Were any legendary Pokémon shown in the opening sequence?

Why bother Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

The DP montage sounds really good from what you've said Sunyshore. I really badly want to see it myself. Was it just the rivals by themselves or did they have their signature Pokémon with them?

Gold/Kenta/that dude had a Donphan... and I believe Ash was using his Pikachu to smack it around (and was winning). There was the regular opening sequence with lots of various Pokemon, can't recall specifically though!

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    The DP montage sounds really good from what you've said Sunyshore. I really badly want to see it myself. Was it just the rivals by themselves or did they have their signature Pokémon with them?
    All of the people I mentioned in the montage had their signature Pokemon, except for Paul who was walking around alone XD

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    Gold/Kenta/that dude had a Donphan... and I believe Ash was using his Pikachu to smack it around (and was winning). There was the regular opening sequence with lots of various Pokemon, can't recall specifically though!
    A Donphan? How uninspired. Are you sure you don't remember if Ho-Oh or Lugia was seen?

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast