DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Review Thread

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Yea, I'm hoping to see the group interact a bit more than just seeing Piplup cry for 15 minutes.
    On the bright side at least the writers aren't trying to pretend the DP trio was closely knit, its mostly about Piplup crying than anything else.

I hope we see Buneary. :)
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 2nd September 2010 at 02:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread

It's funny that we originally thought this episode would be just about Ash/Dawn's friendship, and all their Pokemon. Then we saw Brock, and then we found out it was Piplup centered lol. I guess Ash, and Brocks farewell takes place towards the very end of the episode then Ash overlooks Pallet ending the episode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    On the bright side at least the writers aren't trying to pretend the AG quartet was closely knit, its mostly about Max crying than anything else.
    Hey look what I did, it could be a quote from the AG finale thread! :P

Anyway, can't wait to say farewell to DP, which was a vast improvent on most things and a failure at others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

DP trio might have sucked, but their interactions with the recurring characters redeemed D/P for me.

Blog Entries

Will anybody miss Dawn's development. I thought her development was marvelous and it was, IMO, the best part about DP. Not Paul, not Team Galactic, Dawn herself.

I thought Dawn was an excellent trainer, and I loved how she basically showed the world, that she's not perfect, and everyone makes mistakes. However, Dawn also showed that if she can learn from those mistakes, you'll be better off. If there is one thing I loved about DP, it really was Dawn as a whole, her Pokemon, her contests, and even her rivals, I loved her rivals, even more than May's.

Piplup crying seems sad, but I love how they mirror Dawn's first ep, with the window scene. I'm just loving this ending.

I loved Misty's ending episode, even though it was sad, I am proud of the writers for showing the sadness of Misty, because it is exactly how her fans were feeling.

I love that Dawn's ending is much more chill. It's sad, but sweet. It gives you a feeling of,"It sucks we are leaving, but ultimately we must move on." I love it!

This episode is going to rock, sure enough!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If there's one thing I hope they do, its have Ash's Torterra win one last battle if possible.
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 2nd September 2010 at 02:31 PM.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

After seeing the preview, I'm sure as hell I'll be crying like a baby. I can't stand seeing pokemon cry. XD;

Be strong Pochama! ;;

Blog Entries

I just wonder why Pochama was even crying anyways..Maybe it will miss Ash and the gang.But stay willing Pochama!

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

I just realised Croagunk jabbed Brock whilst he was sitting on a chair. I wonder why he did that..

Anyway, this episode does look sad. I missed the bit at the end with Togekiss but now watching it, Piplup is really upset rather than just emotional. I'm sure it'll be packed with emotions. We haven't even seen any preview of Dawn's goodbye yet, and I'm sure that'll be pretty emotional.

Blog Entries

I'm gonna miss that "Next Episode" music...

"Jikai Pocketto Monsutaa Daiyamondo Paalu! Minna Pokemon Getto Da Ze!"

Gets me every time.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I can't imagine how Piplup must feel. Being separated from his friends and allies who practically became his family during this long, long journey. Oh gosh, this one will be really sad. Even Pikachu cries ;_;

On another note, the chance of Buneary x Pika coupling getting some decent closure raises as Buneary is seen out in the preview. Let's see what happens...

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Knowing the writers, they will probably leave Brock and Dawn without actually showing where they are off to. Dawn will probably be staying in Twinleaf Town for a while, and we won't see where she really ends up for a while, but her dream is still to become a Top Co-ordinator.

Now Brock has a new dream, he will also be going off to his home town of Pewter City, and likewise to Dawn we probably won't see where he ends up. Of course this is what future cameos are for - but isn't it slightly odd Brock has constantly thought of himself as a Pokemon Breeder, yet now changes his dream and goes back home?

I would like to know where Dawn is going. I do wonder if she's going to Hoenn, or perhaps back to Kanto to partake in contests? Or maybe she will retake the Sinnoh contests.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgon Z View Post
    Hey look what I did, it could be a quote from the AG finale thread! :P
    I love you

Watched the preview and this will one of the best episodes ever in the whole show, anyone who deny this is insane
    I like so much how they all together say the title and the "Pokémon getto daze!"
    Pip is so cute and emotional... I want to hug it! BUY ME A PIPLUP PLUSHIE NOW!
    Again, I really like the throwback to the first DP ep with Dawn opening the window while being in her pajama
    In the previous ep Ash, Dawn and Brock - all said they'll return to their homes and only THEN think about what to do next, so it's pretty obvious we won't find out where any of them will end up after that... other than Ash who we know will eventually go to Isshu, though even that seems to only happen in BW 001 since DP 191 will either not showcase Pallet Town at all or just show us Ash arrive there at the very end of the ep... (no Delia/Tracey in VA list, also it's pretty obvious 90% of this ep takes place at Twinleaf Town)
    At the preview, each of the trio says what they want to be - Ash a Pokémon Master, Dawn a Top Coordinator and Brock a Pokémon Doctor

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    On another note, the chance of Buneary x Pika coupling getting some decent closure raises as Buneary is seen out in the preview. Let's see what happens...
    LOL NO! XD Obviously the two that are the closest in the preview are Pikachu and Piplup! Pikachu starts breaking down during Piplup's rage fit! It's super adorable~

Yeah, yeah, okay I'll be sensitive here: Poor bunny, her love was never reciprocated...

I can't wait...but wow...DP ending, it's almost unreal.

"seasons change, people change"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEQ2JOr974
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgQYn0utpyY

I've been trying to locate some of the older previews, just so we have something to compare to. Feel free to pitch in.

I think we're looking at a flat cutoff here. For the most part, we've been following Ash's journey sequentially from one region to the next. We almost always are there for that transition. This time, however, I feel like we're going to wrap up in Twinleaf, maybe the walk home, and then that's it. I get the feeling we aren't going to be there every step of the way with Ash. Call it a timeskip or whatever you want, but it won't be like going through the same motions as in prior cases. Like the Meet & Greet, Welcome Home, etc. -- we may not get to see that.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast