DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Review Thread

Registered User OneOfTheDragons's Avatar

Default Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread

It's matter of personal opinion, for me DP group was batter than AG group. Hell I can remember even Kanto/Johto group better than AG.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread

Pikachu and Piplup only showing emotion is really telling. I've noticed a lot of people saying the DP trio had a terrible dynamic, so its not just a handful of people.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Pikachu and Piplup only showing emotion is really telling.
    Pokemon's feelings correspond to those of their trainers by Oak's theory.

Blog Entries

In any case, this "trio" likely won't stand out much compared to the original trio and the BW trio, the latter of which looks like something really different.

Maybe if Barry had traveled with them or something it would have been more interesting, but Ash/Dawn/Brock never felt like a tightly knit family or a real group of friends.

Then again Dawn's interaction with most of her rivals was also equally dull, so maybe it really just has to do with Dawn's personality itself.

Blog Entries

Now you're picking on her? Oh god, is there anything you DID like in DP saga?

I don't get it. Diamond & Pearl saga is ending next Thursday and instead of remembering all the awesome and wonderful things it had done, some of you just keep complaining no matter what. You know, it wouldn't hurt if one could point out some nice things for a change. -.-'

Blog Entries

The DP saga itself was mostly great, sans some bad writing like Ambipom being released and Ash losing another league despite Elite 4 build-up.

The group dynamics itself wasn't one of them. I enjoyed Dawn individually as a character, but not so much in terms of her interaction with other character.

I'm actually hard pressed to remember any funny moments the DP trio actually had together. Ash/Dawn moments were fine, but that's not a trio.

Blog Entries

The DP saga itself was mostly great, sans some bad writing like Ambipom being released and Ash losing another league despite Elite 4 build-up.

The group dynamics itself wasn't one of them. I enjoyed Dawn individually as a character, but not so much in terms of her interaction with other character.

I'm actually hard pressed to remember any funny moments the DP trio actually had together. Ash/Dawn moments were fine, but that's not a trio.
    And what exactly would be your ideal interactions for Brock and Dawn? Maybe they should do a high five or Brock should chase after her magic skirt? Tell me, I'd like to know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    And what exactly would be your ideal interactions for Brock and Dawn? Maybe they should do a high five or Brock should chase after her magic skirt? Tell me, I'd like to know.
    They could have done a four person group again. Barry being there would have done wonders.

Blog Entries

They could have done a four person group again. Barry being there would have done wonders.
    Hey, Barry appeared often enough even throughout some arcs. Besides, with Barry with in the cast Brock would've probably been even more neglected than he already is. Two gyms, one contest and one breeder in obscurity? I'll pass. :/ I like it the way it is.

Blog Entries

Obviously the writers themselves must have realized along the way the DP trio couldn't hold its own most of the time, which is why there were so many recurring characters this arc.

It sometimes felt like Paul, Barry and Zoey especially was as important as the DP trio itself, simply because of how often they appeared.

Not to mention characters like Cheryl or Lyra/Khoury that were used to freshen up the tediousness of the trio.

Blog Entries

Didn't Barry say that he was heading back to Twinleaf Town? His VA isn't listed in the summary.

This episode is very light in terms of the characters being seen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    This episode is very light in terms of the characters being seen.
    I kinda agree. I thought it was possible for Paul or Zoey to get one final appearance given how important they were, but they're not even here.

Also with no Pallet reunion, its surprising to say Delia only had 1 small appearance in DP on the phone.

Blog Entries

Piplup's really taking this seriously O.o Even though I never really liked it despite its (many) moments throughout DP, it's really heartwarming seeing it get so emotional. ^_^

Still, half the episode being focused on Piplup (maybe more) seems kinda...unnecessary.

Oh, and this is the probably the last Iwane episode in a while. Not only 'cause the guy's been working overtime lately but going by past history, the first DP episode by Iwane wasn't until the sixth episode.

So...yeah.

Blog Entries

I really hope the ep isn't mostly about Piplup as it seems...

Blog Entries

I really hope the ep isn't mostly about Piplup as it seems...
    Yea, I'm hoping to see the group interact a bit more than just seeing Piplup cry for 15 minutes.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast