DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Review Thread - Page 30

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Review Thread

Default Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Review Thread

BTW, not sure if it was said already or not, but in one scene, these yellow dots above Buneary's eyes were miscolored as white

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Default Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    But yeah, the point of the battle wasn't just for continuity reasons, it was to give Satoshi a reminder of what he wants his future to be.
    Not to mention an excuse for Takeshi to tell both Satoshi and Hikari he will become a Pokemon Doctor.

Default Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyperior View Post
    So you think if Dawn is to appear in BW, before she begins competing in contests in a region other than Isshu, she would go to Isshu first to meet Ash?
    I've been thinking, since Isshu is based of NY, what if Dawn showed up there for having something to do with a Pokestylist insted of a coordinator.

Becoming a Pokemon Doctor was the best thing they could do to give Brock proper closure

Freakin Adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt3225 View Post
    I've been thinking, since Isshu is based of NY, what if Dawn showed up there for having something to do with a Pokestylist insted of a coordinator.
    But she mentioned that her goal is to become a top coordinator in DP191.

I doubt Dawn would appear in relation to Pokéstylists and not in relation to Contests... Dawn's character was all about Contests
    I say either Dawn won't appear at all in BW, or she'll appear for a special Contest like Wallace Cup (we still don't know if anime Isshu has Contests or not and even if not, they can always do one special Contest there, even if there aren't Contests there usually)

I read a post of someone on Serebii saying that we might see a cameo similar to Marina's ones, where we'll see Dawn and Buneary... I guess that could happen, but I'm not sure if the so-far-away Isshu would care much to advertise a modelling bunny from Sinnoh...

After seeing how much Dawn and Pip were disappointed from leaving Ash/Brock/Pikachu, I won't be THAT surprised if Dawn comes to Isshu -just- to meet Ash and Pika again... I think it'd be nice actually, to see her come there simply to meet them again and maybe to discuss with Ash what she should do next... then they can randomly find out about some tag tournament so we'll get to see Ash and Dawn in a tag battle again before she leaves... I think that would be nice

I still prefer to think that most likely, none of the previous main characters will appear in BW... I think they really emphasize how far away it is... so maybe it's better not to expect too much, so we won't get disappointed later

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    After seeing how much Dawn and Pip were disappointed from leaving Ash/Brock/Pikachu, I won't be THAT surprised if Dawn comes to Isshu -just- to meet Ash and Pika again... I think it'd be nice actually, to see her come there simply to meet them again and maybe to discuss with Ash what she should do next... then they can randomly find out about some tag tournament so we'll get to see Ash and Dawn in a tag battle again before she leaves... I think that would be nice
    If there would be a random tournament in Isshu, it would be a triple battle tournament and have Ash, Dawn and Brock entered. Though I highly doubt that it would happen. Ash, Iris and Dento entering would be more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyperior View Post
    If there would be a random tournament in Isshu, it would be a triple battle tournament and have Ash, Dawn and Brock entered. Though I highly doubt that it would happen. Ash, Iris and Dento entering would be more realistic.
    Ash/Iris/Dento can get something like the tag tournament in DP while Ash/Dawn can get something like the May/Dawn battle or something similar to Wallace Cup, with Ash and Iris participating but Dawn participating too

Anyway, I did say it's unlikely, just throwing ideas for the possible Dawn appearance in BW

Blog Entries

I'm posting here since I'm done with the DP series.
    This was definately the best of the Leagues so far. Before Shinji x Satoshi I was positive they would screw up and make it not as good as the 2-part battle from before. Fortunately I was wrong. All in all, battles were all great. But I really dislike the last one since the day it aired everyone was making a fuss over it because "OMG Legendary in the Pokemon League!". Take out Darkrai and it's probably the least impressive non-Rocket Dan battle in the last 50 or so episodes. Yeah, Satoshi took out two Legendaries, but it was still boring IMO.
    At least no one can complain as to 'Why' Satoshi lost this way.

Oh and I'm kinda glad Rocket Dan is changing in Best Wishes. Granted I haven't watched a single BW episode yet. And I do like their comic relief moments. But whenever they try to be real villains and interrupt 2/3 of the episodes to make the same kinds of attacks over and over again I feel like skipping. It's one of the reasons I hated Joutou so much. They really ruined many episodes for me. No, I don't think an episode NEEEEDS to have some action or danger to be good. I never liked how the writers resorted to sudden rushed Rocket Dan attacks just to tackle some action on it.

I liked the entire team, Pokémon and trainers included. Except Fukamaru, its annoying face and bland personality.
    Loved how Hikari and Satoshi got along very well and team-like as opposed to the tiring Kasumi x Satoshi quarreling. My first impression on Iris wasn't good. But I said the same about Hikari and now I prefer her over Haruka so...

Looking forward to Best Wishes, perhaps catching up to everyone soon and no longer posting on archived threads when that finally happens.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930