DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Review Thread

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Default Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread

Hahaa, I wonder why Brock was poison jabbed at the point in time. Maybe Croagunk doesn't want to leave or something. I don't know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brockdie.png  

Default Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post
    Hahaa, I wonder why Brock was poison jabbed at the point in time. Maybe Croagunk doesn't want to leave or something. I don't know.
    Either Croagunk uses Brock to calm down its depression about everyone leaving, or Noelle is at Dawn's home again...

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Y'know what? These guys were the worst group...

piplup.jpg">

...but this seems as if it'll be a pretty decent 'goodbye' episode. I think Pochama is gonna make this one for me. There are times when him acting like a big ol' drama queen can be quite irksome, but when it works, it works. And this looks like it's gonna work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Either Croagunk uses Brock to calm down its depression about everyone leaving, or Noelle is at Dawn's home again...
    Maybe he's developed some feelings for Johanna.

But of course, it might be your latter statement.

The only feelings Brock gets these days are the numbing jabs of Croagunk in his heiny.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

you'd think he'd be immune by now right?

or does he enjoy it...

*nudge nudge wink wink*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pika View Post
    you'd think he'd be immune by now right?

or does he enjoy it...
    He doesn't just enjoy it. He loves it. Croagunk is in love with his trainer... who's also a male...

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So Brock is being jabbed by Croagunk for the last time... I wonder if Noelle is visiting?

This is the typical "sad goodbye" episode. While Ash, Dawn, and Brock have no problem separating for their goals, it seems that Piplup will have a much harder time accepting this.

I feel bad for you, Pip. It's your last episode, cry it out.

It doesn't seem that they will spend at the most 10 minutes in Pallet Town.
    The preview alone has a lot of substance.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 2nd September 2010 at 08:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Aww. Poor Piplup... :[ I now conclude that Piplup is the most emotional character in the anime.

But I like how this episode is going to focus on the group as a whole, unlike the previous two groups (Excluding the OI trio). I agree with Piplup that the DP trio felt most like a family.

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Blog Entries

While I agree with many others that this group is the worst to date ( Kanto is still my favourite, Hoenn was very good as well) I am still looking forward to this episode. I really like Pochama, when it shows its personality and I have to see Takeshi's final episode on a main cast.

Which Pokémon does Satoshi have right now with him anyway? I hope we'll see a little bit Pocha-abuse one more time.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I love how ash practically drags him out getting ready to leave.

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Heh, Ash and Brock's last moments at the crossroads are very different to last time. I guess he's not "always like that", huh Brock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post
    Now Brock is walking off, I hope maybe we'll get a quick scene of him arriving home, but I wouldn't have thought so.
    It would be nice but I'm curious to how much time will even be spent in Pallet Town.

Misty and May's departure episodes gave decent time to the farewells and then added shenanigans in Pallet Town but this looks different. The Japanese titles for those episodes shared a different tone: "Goodbye...and Then, Setting Off!" "End of a Journey, Yet Beginning of a Journey!" I haven't seen the preview for the first one but the latter was very upfront about Gary and Electivire appearing.

Piplup's tantrum looks like it could easily fit in the first half of the episode so what else happens is a mystery.

This will get me crying I just know it. I'll miss Dawn so much *Cries*
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    This will get me crying I just know it. I'll miss Dawn so much *Cries*
    Hmmmmm, I can't handle girls crying, makes me feel useless. :l

But why should Piplup be the one to cry, he's a real man, well, he pretends to be anyway :P

But its sad he's going, no one will ever be as arrogant and funny as him again, not even Smugleaf.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.
    Wembly, Paris, Rome, Wembly.
    Sampdoria, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester United.
    Johan Cruyff, Frank Rijkaard, Josep Guardiola.

We Conquered Europe

Blog Entries

Ah yes, one last Poison Jab. Good times. So Piplup doesn't want to say goodbye, and it looks like he isn't going to calm down as easily as Max did. Also, it isn't just Brock saying he's going to be a Doctor, but the other two recite their goals, too.

Also, wow, it appears no fifth gen pokemon got to appear in DP after all. (save for the obligatory end of gen movie) Another broken trend to add to the several others. The big question still remains: what makes Ash go to the next region? There is no telling at the moment, or even if this question will be answered in this ep.

I remember seeing the preview for the last AG ep, and now, we end another saga. Aw, Piplup, don't cry too hard. Otter shall have vengeance for all water types soon.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast