DP 190 "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: DP 190 "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 190 "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!" Preview Thread

It's Brock's last focus episode...
    Yes!! I'm looking forward to the man leaving already.
    But he leaves in the next episode...
    One more episode of Brock's terror.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At least he's finally being given closure. Why this didn't happen 4 years ago when AG ended, especially with, "Pinch-Healing," setting up the same thing, is beyond me.

4 years later didn't really do him much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    4 years later didn't really do him much good.
    DP Brock >>>>>>>>> AG Brock
    Croagunk, Happiny, Uxie, Team Galactic, tag tournament, involvement in Dawn and Mamo's story, his role in the Paul story (he often had talks with Paul or Reggie or just commented stuff to himself, or like the Chimchar goes crazy ep where he stops Dawn from trying to stop Ash since he knows Ash better than her and knows he can do it...)
    At least Brock leaves after a saga where he actually did something... even if his role was still little, he did more than in AG

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yet Brock's character interaction and role among the main group was better last generation, and Brock still had his old Kanto/Johto personality, which is more enjoyable than his "calm" Sinnoh one.

Brock was still OK in AG, I didn't start finding him stale till Battle Frontier started, but since it was part of AG it was only a little left over anyway.

In DP he had some nice roles as you've mentioned, but that doesn't downplay the other 90% of episodes where he really didn't do anything. Dawn and Brock were associates rather than friends.

I'll miss Croagunk more than Brock.
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 29th August 2010 at 09:34 AM.

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

Croagunk was boring. Pulling Brock's ear was almost the only thing it did in the whole saga, and that was boring also with Misty and Max.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Croagunk had a good rivalry with Saturn's Toxicroak, and you can't say it didn't have any personality. I'll definitely miss Croagunk (and Brock).

Anyway, I hope this episode is good. I wonder if we'll get any Dawn-leaving hints anyway? It looks as if Brock will be talking to a nurse Joy on the phone (how did he get her number? lol). I hope he gets a good send off.

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    He's going off to be a doctor, not get a girlfriend. That doesn't mean anything.
    What!? What's wrong with you? I did not imply Brock getting a girlfriend. I was thinking that instead of revealing yet another Character of the Day, why would they not re-use someone else the trio met already, giving him/her a bit more story. These one-shot characters are too vast it feels irritating to see that character just there and never again. Especially ones that are enjoyable.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Does anyone know how old that CoTD is? She looks pretty young to be, though she may be older than Brock. I can't really tell...

Anyway. I don't know what Brock is going to end up doing. We know he is going back to Pewter City, but he could either stay there or go back to visit his family then return to this girl. If she's older than him, I can see her being a love-interest of his and he comes back to help.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

What happened to Croagunk, anyway? I can't remember the last time it showed up. I mean, heck, the league stuff was bound to cut down on his screentime, but before that it didn't feel like it showed up as much as he used to.

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Croagunk last appeared in DP182 - the episode where all of Ash's pokemon came back. I guess he doesn't get to watch Ash's league.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mjolnir On Twitter Add Mjolnir on Facebook
    Follow Mjolnir on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon_master2 View Post
    Croagunk was boring. Pulling Brock's ear was almost the only thing it did in the whole saga, and that was boring also with Misty and Max.
    Gureggru didn't pull on his ear, he jabbed Takeshi in the butt. xP

when was the last time mime jr was in the anime.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Guys, it doesn't matter if Brock's sendoff could have been done in Advanced Generation. The writers seem to have every intention now to getting rid of this character once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    What happened to Croagunk, anyway? I can't remember the last time it showed up. I mean, heck, the league stuff was bound to cut down on his screentime, but before that it didn't feel like it showed up as much as he used to.
    Croagunk was seen more often in early-mid Diamond and Pearl, back when the other two main characters had less pokemon to use from.

Overall, his existence served two purposes: one, Brock's love gag and two, to serve its short-term rivalry against Team Saturn's Croagunk. On occasion, Croagunk's behavior would freak out certain pokemon or Team Rocket. Brock is being replaced by Dento, and likewise Croagunk will be replaced by Yanappu. He was the main pokemon for the "third wheel" character and likewise not too important.

After Croagunk resolved its rivalry against that Toxicroak, all he had going for himself is to make sure Brock controls himself. Something like this rarely happens in a formal setting (i.e. Grand Festival or Suzuran Conference).
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 29th August 2010 at 03:50 PM.

And despite that, he still managed to snag a random shot in the OP and has a part to play in the ED. Which means any perceived importance through these devices on our end is ill conceived.

In short, he can't be Pikachu or Piplup. It's a cryin' shame for those who like Croagunk. This episode is his last chance for glory. Will he earn it, or will Happiny take the spotlight?
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

It looks like Brock is using his pestle & mortar to cook something up, probably medicine.

It also shows that there is some kind of policemen on the boat. I wonder why they couldn't help out?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast