DP 190 "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: DP 190 "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 190 "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!" Preview Thread

Ryuu, I can only agree at your disappointment at the small fry Tentacruel.

MFW ponies

Fishy Bubbles

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    I have to say anything?

It's not like I'm sitting here saying he absolutely, positively won't leave, but that we don't know, just like we didn't know at the end of AG. And just like now, everyone and their dog were completely insistent that he was obviously being written out, and you were a complete idiot if you even considered the fact that he was staying. And hey, look, he ended up staying after all. What do you know?

Well, yeah - people here are ridiculously thickheaded with the entire "of course he's leaving" thing, especially when you consider that people were stating the exact same thing 4 years ago, and ended up being wrong then. Learn from your mistakes, kids. You don't know if he's leaving or not, don't state it as fact. You were wrong last time, you had the exact same "evidence" then. Stop setting yourself up to look like idiots if it's revealed he will be back for BW.
    Yikes.

Well, I think we naive children will continue to do stupid things it looks like. I guess that means we should get a spanking or a slap on the wrist or something?

I take it you feel the same way about Dawn then.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

I believe Brock is leaving, as well.

The difference between the ending of AG and DP is that in AG, he didn't have a whole episode dedicated to himself the episode before the finale of the season.

There's a large amount of proof, but it is true that he is not 100% gone until it has officially been confirmed.

Blog Entries

That is the pattern with everyone around here, it seems. They don't believe anything until it actually happens. I would normally admire such cautiousness, but here, I feel it is unnecessary. The evidence should be clear. If it isn't, then I don't know what to say. By the way, I did read the cast list, and I can tell you, Pikachu and all of TR are listed there. They even list broccoli monkey's voice, which I find fascinating they would find that one important enough to list.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

They are on a ship?

This episode is instantly a few points more awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Blog Entries

The Pokemon Sunday preview made this episode look more interesting. It almost seems a bit scary since there's a lot of scenes of a lot of Dokukurage attacking people (including the Rockets who were shown a few times, so it seems they're on the boat too). There was also a scene of Joi on the phone with Takeshi. She was telling him something, then we get this close-up of Takeshi going from surprised to getting a determined look on his face.

I guess he's the only one with knowledge to help Pokemon on the ship? Maybe being the only one able to help is what gets him to change his profession. I have a feeling he'll say he can help more people if he becomes a doctor, so that's why he leaves.

at the very least let's hope Croagunk and Happani do some good in this episode since we won't be seeing them anymore, I'd include sudowoodo but we all know rock's don't fair well against water types.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

(That's probably why they showed Sudowoodo against Ash's Infernape a few episodes back).

Huh, Brock on the phone to Nurse Joy? Sounds interesting. She probably tells him to stay calm and help out those who need it. (Probably he's the only one who can help, which is how his new dream comes to place).

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even if this was all started by the Rockets, this is one of the very rare occasions where wild pokemon are seen attacking people. The PS preview didn't show anything that wasn't known already; it confirms that there is no medical staff on board, as expected. Brock, as the closest person to a doctor in this given situation, is entrusted by a Nurse Joy to take care of the poisoned pokemon.

Really straightforward episode, if you ask me. Brock believing that he will help more people and pokemon if he acts as a medical assistant instead of a breeder/consultant. At least we get to see Happiny again, even if it will be for the last time. :(
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 28th August 2010 at 08:54 PM.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The preview makes this ep look like a very bad filler.

Brock deserved a better final ep than this. I'm surprised its just taking care of baby Pokemon on a ship, I thought it was going to be at a hospital or something important.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The preview makes this ep look like a very bad filler.
    LOL just LOL. Brock looks like he's actually doing something, like he's actually in charge, Happiny looks to play a big role in this episode, so yeah... this falls in the "not a filler" category.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    LOL just LOL. Brock looks like he's actually doing something, like he's actually in charge, Happiny looks to play a big role in this episode, so yeah... this falls in the "not a filler" category.
    The clips are about a filler girl and her cute little Pokemon getting attacked by a bunch of Tentacruel. This ep could have been placed anywhere in the middle of DP (or any older saga, for that matter), and it wouldn't matter.

The only thing that makes it important is Brock is likely going to give a speech at the end about how its now his duty to take care of Pokemon.

So Brock doesn't even get a girl even at the end of his run, sounds pretty lame.

Blog Entries

To be quite honest this should have been Brock's last episode period. Having a whole episode devoted to him, and then hvae him leave at the end. That way Dawn's goodbye wouldn't have to be as rushed as it's going to be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    Bah! It's a shame they used a new character for this one episode instead of another certain girl Brock had an interest in to return here. Well, whatever. It's typical for them.
    He's going off to be a doctor, not get a girlfriend. That doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Brock deserved a better final ep than this.
    No, this final is one of the best ways to write Brock out of the show - it totally makes sense he'll leave to be a doctor and this situation is good to make him realize his new goal
    You thought it'd be in a "hospital"? (wtf? why not just a Pokémon Center, if anything?) why? in a Poké Center there are Joy, in hospital there are doctors and nurses... Brock wouldn't be needed at all... it makes sense to make it on the boat so Brock will be the only one who can help... really, stop trying to find negative stuff about everything... just stop watching and leave the forum if you're only going to complain abut everything all the time... it's really getting old

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast