DP 190 "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!" Review Thread - Page 15

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: DP 190 "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!" Review Thread

PDL

Default Re: DP 190 "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    For years I'm telling people that stone Brock gave to Happiny is the oval stone... god, I'm shocked some poeple seriously didn't get that when that ep first aired and even more shocked they're still thinking it wasn't that...
    He did actually sand it down and make it himself...

Perhaps people expect the item to be explicitly mentioned as such.

Then again, the rock itself doesn't seem to have magical properties that makes Happiny evolve, all it has to do is pretend it's an egg and that somehow makes it evolve.

Never thought about it, but Happiny's evolution is very strange (The whole species I mean).
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    For years I'm telling people that stone Brock gave to Happiny is the oval stone... god, I'm shocked some poeple seriously didn't get that when that ep first aired and even more shocked they're still thinking it wasn't that...
    I thought they stated in the episode that it was an oval stone. I just always assumed it was

Freakin Adorable.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very good and touching episode. Glad to see that Happiny evolved as well. Good thing I didn't check this thread before I saw the episode since I don't know about anyone else, butthat evolution was a surprise for me.

It was nice to hear Kaze to Issho ni played in an episode again, even though it didn't fit at all. Overall, I think the episode was okay.

Blog Entries

Watched it a few minutes ago. It was a bit dull in parts but otherwise fine.

Lucky just seemed pointless though. I was really bemused that it wasn't in the next scene...

Blog Entries

Brock's character undergoes a major twist in development, only for him to be written off the show the very next episode. That's sad

I liked the joke of TR finding "treasure" and making a mention to Gold, Silver, Platinum, Pearl, and Diamond, only for it to be a bottlecap. Still, it was enough to make the Tentacruel attack everything in sight.

Pichu tried so hard, only to suffer the worst. And TR at the end reminds me of those early movies where they'd get stuck somewhere in a hopeless situation (i.e. stranded on some way-faraway island)

Brock's first ex machina (far as I remember) in the form of Happiny evolving into Chansey and saving the day. All of this to "Together with the wind". (I had always figured he'd be more popular with the Joys once he got one of the Chansey family. As long as Croagunk isn't around, that is...)

Once again the anime breaks physics to make plot. Very depressing (not bad) plot. When Peacha Berries and a Lava Cookie (about time they showed one) fail, somehow Softboiled and an Oran/Durin mix does

Who knows. Maybe they'll write Brock back back in as the nurse of one of the Pokémon Centers in Isshu or after.

Sorry for the long-winded ramble. Brock-centered episodes tend to be some of the better ones in my opinion (probably because he gets so few), and since this is his last time to shine, he had to shine bright. First part of the plot was a tad cheap, though (a bottlecap. Seriously). 9.5/10

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415