DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread

8D

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

A Croconaw in this episode would be nice for the sixth pokemon. Maybe it's the last pokemon and we'll flash back to how it evolves? Idk, I mean we saw all five pokemon besides the last one so maybe the last one is special?

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I have to say that the choise of Pokémon is extremely stupid and makes no sense at all
    Sceptile and Torkoal aren't relevant at all for DPt/HGSS and they were main characters in the previous series (AG)
    Pikachu, Heracross and Gible - are all OK
    But Bayleef and Quilava really should've been there instead of Sceptile and Torkoal... what's the purpose of DP 182 if they won't be used at all?
    Also, I still hope that the 6th Pokémon is Totodile which will either evolve into Croconaw during the ep or will actually be sent out as a Totodile, completely surprising all viewers and revealing it evolved off screen when Ash trained it
    In that case, I hope that most of Ash's other Poké (especially Torkoal and Gible) quickly lose to Darkrai, while it's Croconaw who gets to star and either damage Darkrai more than anyone else before it loses too or actually beat Darkrai but then lose to Takuto's second Pokémon (which will be BW Poké and introduce Isshu to Ash)
    Hey you never know, maybe BayLeef will be Ash last slot. Still think its awesome how Ash is using his AG Pokemon, I agree I'd love for Ash to take down Darkrai at least. I mean, the man has used it for every battle, Ash should take it down and show the guy that he can't use one Pokemon for every battle, here's hopping!
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

You know what I just noticed? All four generations are here. Pika of the first (although that may not entirely count), Heracross of the second, Sceppy and Torkoal of the third, and Gible of the fourth.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSoul93 View Post
    Ah, I forgot about Buizel beating Gastrodon. I guess that's something. But if the Pokemon used in the last match against Paul would be tired then why go with Pikachu? He went up against Aggron, Froslass, & Electivire.
    Coz Pikachu's a tank. Nah, it is most likely because he is just giving his other Pokés a rest (we know Infernape definitely needs it), and Ash always feels the need to use Pikachu in all his most important matches. But after Torterras piss poor performances lately I'd bench him too :p

Blog Entries
    Follow Avrig On Twitter
    Follow Avrig on Tumblr Visit Avrig's Youtube Channel

Yes, definitely a weird team for Ash. Well, I'm not a too big fan of Bayleef and I love Sceptile, but Sceptile really had so much screentime during AG, he just doesn't need this battle... Anyway, cool to see Sceptile in the action. However I'm not pleased to see Torkoal... it's a cool Pokémon and all, but Quilava would've been much better and interesting. And I secretly hoped Quilava to evolve into Typhlosion, so Ash could have at least one fully evolved Johto starter. Yeah, it was a really unrealistic hope anyway, but who cares.

But Totodile. If he isn't there, I'll get angry. Totodile, beat down that Darkrai! And I'll get angry again, if Gible manages to beat Darkrai :(.

Btw, I loved how angry and frustrated Ash looked in the preview. He looked like he could go and just punch Darkrai in the face himself.
    I claimed Mamoswine ♥ randomness @ twitterAvrig @ deviantart

Im still holding out for Lizardon for the last slot... Ash has to show his best pokemon up against a legendary!

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile726 View Post
    You know what I just noticed? All four generations are here. Pika of the first (although that may not entirely count), Heracross of the second, Sceppy and Torkoal of the third, and Gible of the fourth.
    Kind of cool, isn't it? :)

Anyway... All I'm hearing is bitch bitch bitch, moan moan moan.

Redemption, relevancy... Are you people crazy? What is this obsession with Status Quo? This Pokemon needs an appearence, this Pokemon needs a win, this Pokemon needs to get an attack in, this Pokemon need to evolve... Who gives a friggin' damn. Maybe I used to be in this phase, but now I just want to see a good battle. Seeing one Pokemon doesn't automatically make it better.

Of course, feel free to bemoan Pikachu. I think he's fair game for possessing mascot status.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

8D

I think it's understandable that Pikachu is in. He usually is in the last battles anyway.

I'm fine seeing Sceptile and Torkoal. Sure Bayleef and Totodile need some screentime but I like Sceptile and Torkoal so I'm cool with seeing them battle again. Heck, maybe the last slot is one of the two Johto starters we didn't see yet.

Looks like a pretty good match anyway, can't wait!

Blog Entries

Talking Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Avrig View Post
    Anyway, cool to see Sceptile in the action. However I'm not pleased to see Torkoal... it's a cool Pokémon and all, but Quilava would've been much better and interesting. And I secretly hoped Quilava to evolve into Typhlosion, so Ash could have at least one fully evolved Johto starter. Yeah, it was a really unrealistic hope anyway, but who cares.
    I wpuld've definatley put in Quilava over Torkoal as well as long as Quilava would be winning........But Quilava evolving is something I hope never happens.

Waiting for you to BOOM Eliot Kovach's Avatar

I dont know what to say. Probably all of Ashs pokemon will loose except Pikachu who will tie up with Darkrai as Ashs last pokemon. Pretty disappointing I know, but I dont want to hope for something Im pretty sure won't happen.
    Such as bringing Muk and/or Kingler back. A Snorlax, however, would be neat.

GPX+

Just watch as Charizard comes out as the sixth and final Pokemon, defeating Darkrai. HaHa.

Listenin' to Dragons...! LightningKimba's Avatar
    Follow LightningKimba On Twitter Add LightningKimba on Facebook
    Follow LightningKimba on Tumblr Visit LightningKimba's Youtube Channel

It really does seem like the D/P League's trying to end on an extremely high note. As other may've said in the past, there's a rather low chance of us seeing Ash battling against the League in this season, though it'll be a fun watch seeing Ash with his burning spirit, trying to take down Takuto like this. (That, and as, again, other may've said previously, Takuto may have Entei and Lucario as a part of his team. It just seems likely, considering the opening having the two for little reason, while Darkrai's also there. Who knows, though.)

Meh @ Sceptile being used. I never really liked that grass thing.

I'm really happy to see Gible and Heracross though. ^_^

Also I'm surprised Ash isn't using Noctowl against Darkrai.. maybe it's the sixth?

But I'll be crossing my fingers for Kingler or Muk ^_^

Clearly, ash taking down takuto's darkrai will be the main focus of the episode.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Jukain being in this battle is definitely a surprise. I don't think anyone expected this to be honest.

Now the things I'm looking forward to the most are seeing Satoshi battling with his backwards cap a la Kanto style and the mysterious sixth pokemon.

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast