DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread - Page 6

Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

I thought I had an angle on it, but it wasn't entirely right. For some reason, I thought there was a big gathering of Ash's pokemon at the end of every region, but that is not so. The only big gathering I see was the one at the Battle Frontier's beginning. At the end of AG, they just showed Ash leaving off his Hoenn pokes, and that was it. It's still apparent that the Quilava ep was the only sight of Bayleef and Totodile we would get. I'm not angry, though.

Oh, and I just realized that this will be the only time in history that a full battle is happening in only one episode. I still wonder how in the world they are going to close the league in that short of time, but if they did it in Hoenn, they can do it here.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

WTF?

... so much for the johto starters getting redemption. ._.

Blog Entries

A shame, I wanted to see another Pokémon besides Darkrai from Takuto. Yeah, it is going to be a sweep. At least Scott won't complain about Sceptile anymore :D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Oh my god. Backwards hat. I've been waiting for the backwards hat for years. yesyesyesyesyesyes

Future Frontier Brain

What's up with no Bayleef & Totodile? That's not fair! Although, I am a fan of Ash's Hoenn team. It won't be a total loss. But WTF is Gible doing there?!? It had it's time against Conway in Trick Room, done deal. Pikachu's in, of course. I wish he could just sit this one out, but no. Also, there's only 5 of Ash's team revealed for this battle as of now: Pikachu, Gible, Torkoal, Heracross, & Sceptile. With one spot left I doubt either Bayleef or Totodile will be there. So who could it be? (cue Charizard fanboys)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Yeah, really not thrilled to see Sceptile (even though I love the guy), Torkoal and Pikachu in this battle. Sceptile and Torkoal both already had their awesome loss against a legendary pokemon and they are not defeating this one, so there... what's the point?
    That is the point. We all know Ash is going to lose.

Blog Entries

I REALLY hope a pokemon like Quilava or Charizard will be the mystery pokemon and that pokemon will take down the bastard Darkrai.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSoul93 View Post
    But WTF is Gible doing there?!? It had it's time against Conway in Trick Room, done deal.
    Well this is the Sinnoh region, it's supposed to be about the development of his Sinnoh Pokemon. Bringing back the Pokemon from the other regions is for the older fans that wanted to see some of the older team in action.

I'm glad Gible is here, he was caught so late and greatly needs the battle experience/screen time. As for the others, they had their time (besides Muk and Kingler).

I have to say that the choise of Pokémon is extremely stupid and makes no sense at all
    Sceptile and Torkoal aren't relevant at all for DPt/HGSS and they were main characters in the previous series (AG)
    Pikachu, Heracross and Gible - are all OK
    But Bayleef and Quilava really should've been there instead of Sceptile and Torkoal... what's the purpose of DP 182 if they won't be used at all?
    Also, I still hope that the 6th Pokémon is Totodile which will either evolve into Croconaw during the ep or will actually be sent out as a Totodile, completely surprising all viewers and revealing it evolved off screen when Ash trained it
    In that case, I hope that most of Ash's other Poké (especially Torkoal and Gible) quickly lose to Darkrai, while it's Croconaw who gets to star and either damage Darkrai more than anyone else before it loses too or actually beat Darkrai but then lose to Takuto's second Pokémon (which will be BW Poké and introduce Isshu to Ash)

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's not that I don't want Sceptile or Torkoal to not be used, but let's face it, they had their day.

Sceptile and Torkoal had a lot of battling in AG, more battling that the Johto Starters and Muk combined.

Logically, I can see why Gible is used (as a Sinnoh pokemon that did not get the battle against Paul).

I'm fine with Heracross as well (it didn't get too many battles back in the day).

Pikachu, expected since it is the mascot/main Pokemon so it must be used during the last important match of the tournament.

My only complaint here team-wise is Sceptile and Torkoal. Everything else I'm fine with.

I'm hoping that no. 6 is Totodile-Croconaw, that in some way or form the Johto Starters are redeemed.

I agree with Piplup, I think itwould be very interesting to see Ash send out a Croconaw, completely surprising Dawn and Brock (and the viewers).

I really want to see Darkrai faint, as a draw or KO'd by Ash's last Poké. I would hate to see Ash get completely swept by one Poké, Legendary or not.

Future Frontier Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Arvo92 View Post
    Well this is the Sinnoh region, it's supposed to be about the development of his Sinnoh Pokemon. Bringing back the Pokemon from the other regions is for the older fans that wanted to see some of the older team in action. I'm glad Gible is here, he was caught so late and greatly needs the battle experience/screen time.
    That makes sense. But why not use Buizel instead of Gible? If anyone on Ash's Sinnoh team needs a great battle moment (atleast a win) it's Buizel or Torterra. What with their losing streaks...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSoul93 View Post
    That makes sense. But why not use Buizel instead of Gible? If anyone on Ash's Sinnoh team needs a great battle moment (atleast a win) it's Buizel or Torterra. What with their losing streaks...
    Buizel got a win in the Paul match. Very disappointed in Torterra as it has yet to get a win since evolving. However Gible wasn't involved in the Paul match and all of the Pokés in the Paul match would be tired.

Blog Entries

I love how Sceptile shows up, Gible is in this, and the 6th pokemon Ash will use is a mystery. At least if Ash is losing, the battle is somewhat suspenseful and exciting.

Not a bad League finale, IMO. It's interesting how much debating there is for which Pokemon should have been used, or is used.

For the final Pokemon, having it be Totodile and an evolution for it would make the battle much more exciting and relevant, despite Ash losing.

If it's Charizard, that's nostalgia for ya, and an epic, heroic moment. Predictable, kinda, but oh well.

If it's Kingler, it's great. It's a nice surprise and Kingler has come through for Ash in his very first League(first League battle). Kingler being used would be a surprise, since we haven't seen it since 2002. The reasoning behind it, not so much, I mean after all, despite its lack of battles, it was Ash's very 1st Pokemon to use in a League. It could very well be the last for this Legendary Battle.

Glalie would be nice, considering its track record.

Bayleef, I'm cool with, but I've always wanted a Meganium, so evolution, please!

Swellow, very random. But, it'd be cool.

I've never been so excited for a battle that Ash is going to lose, and let's not forget that he turns his hat <333

This League made me love and respect Ash a lot more than I used to.

Future Frontier Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Arvo92 View Post
    Buizel got a win in the Paul match. Very disappointed in Torterra as it has yet to get a win since evolving. However Gible wasn't involved in the Paul match and all of the Pokés in the Paul match would be tired.
    Ah, I forgot about Buizel beating Gastrodon. I guess that's something. But if the Pokemon used in the last match against Paul would be tired then why go with Pikachu? He went up against Aggron, Froslass, & Electivire.

Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast