DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post
    Am I the only one happy here? Sceptile is awesome. The sixth pokemon doesn't really bother me and it doesn't matter what it is, unless it's a new evolution or an old pokemon or something.
    Sceptile is awesome, but some people might feel betrayed that certain pokemon didn't get any on-screen battles at all.

Most of the pokemon Ash will use in this match are either those that he used before in the tournament or those used in Advanced Generation (i.e. Sceptile, Torkoal).

Pokemon such as Muk, Bayleef, and Totodile which have not battled in over 8 years will most likely not get any position to battle here.

Meanwhile, we have seen plenty times where Sceptile was used.

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Sceptile is awesome, but some people might feel betrayed that certain pokemon didn't get any on-screen battles at all.

Most of the pokemon Ash will use in this match are either those that he used before in the tournament or those used in Advanced Generation (i.e. Sceptile, Torkoal).

Pokemon such as Muk, Bayleef, and Totodile which have not battled in over 8 years will most likely not get any position to battle here.

Meanwhile, we have seen plenty times where Sceptile was used.
    Well, thats life, its full of shit but what can you do about it? Lets just make the best of a bad situation.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.
    Wembly, Paris, Rome, Wembly.
    Sampdoria, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester United.
    Johan Cruyff, Frank Rijkaard, Josep Guardiola.

We Conquered Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Spiny View Post
    Sceptile? Torkoal? Backwards cap? Gliscor'd is gonna crap his pants when he sees this...

Anywho, place your bets on who kills Darkrai!

A-Sceptile
    B-Gible
    C-Torkoal
    D-Pikachu
    E-Heracross
    F-Unknown pokemon
    G-None of the above
    Hmm I'm thinking unknown Pokemon, there suprising us for a reason of who Ash last Pokemon is. I say that one will take down Darkrai and I do think it will be BayLee FYI. Man this looks sooo freakin epic, Ash turning his hat backwards? I mean HAHAH How could they remember such a thing? Aahhh I'm freakin out about seeing that again. And all of Ash AG Pokemon again too? This will be too much man.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo10 View Post
    Another one bites the dust........
    It's not so much the choice of Pokemon that bothers me (and if you think about it, Sceptile's a nice choice), it's the deception that the writers have done, leading us into thinking there would be certain Pokemon used in an epic battle, only to pull an about-face. If the writers timed this league more appropriately, then we all wouldn't have wasted so much energy debating why certain directions are being taken.

That's what bugs me more than the choice of Pokemon. The writers should have just been straight with us from the beginning.

Blog Entries

Here's my guess, 4 of Ash's pokemon go down before he either forces Takuto to switch out so Darkrai doesn't get defeated, or he does beat Darkrai. The remaining two will have been used against Darkrai, so they are weakened already and leave for an easy sweep for Ash. Probably wishful thinking, but I'd think that after the Paul battle they'd want to show Ash as still a strong trainer, instead of just having him pummeled by a Legendary.
    Astronomy Club... you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaname Madoka
    If someone tells me that it’s wrong to hope, I will tell them they’re wrong every time.

Blog Entries

Oddly enough, Totodile and Donphan's VA were listed in the summary for DP188, but the only somewhat unexpected character that talked in the episode was Cynthia (whose VA is different). Now, Donphan's VA will in fact provide the voice of Darkrai in this episode, so it seems that DP 188's summary made a mistake because of that.

Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    Oddly enough, Totodile and Donphan's VA were listed in the summary for DP188, but the only somewhat unexpected character that talked in the episode was Cynthia (whose VA is different). Now, Donphan's VA will in fact provide the voice of Darkrai in this episode, so it seems that DP 188's summary made a mistake because of that.

Make of that what you will.
    Made a mistake, or screwed us all over.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.

We Conquered Europe

Blog Entries

Having gone over the VA list again, there are a number of possibilities for the sixth slot. Here are ones that stood out to me: The VA for Jessie also does Infernape and Bulbasaur. The narrator also does Muk, Kingler, and Swellow. I think the rest of the voices here are already voicing one of Ash's team here, but all of those also either voice a human character, or a metric ton of Ash's pokemon. (Gible and Pika are the only unique voices there) It's entirely possible that someone is voicing two pokemon here, but the ones I mentioned are the ones I found by process of elimination on the others. It could be anyone by now, though.

Oh, and on the team: we were thrown the largest red herring in history in regards to the Quilava ep. I have grown suspicious of something else, though, and I will have to do research on that. But the fact that the entire set of reserves is now open still leaves an awful big question mark.
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 19th August 2010 at 10:36 AM.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Yeah, really not thrilled to see Sceptile (even though I love the guy), Torkoal and Pikachu in this battle. Sceptile and Torkoal both already had their awesome loss against a legendary pokemon and they are not defeating this one, so there... what's the point? Pikachu, yeah it's the mascot, but that doesn't mean it has to be in all the important matches. It wasn't in the Gary v Ash match and could have just as easily sit this one out.

Heracross is a logical choice to fight Darkrai and Gible's hilarious and needs screentime so I can't really complain about those two, but man... wow... Totodile... you should have been used and you should have defeated Darkrai... oh well...

I just hope the writers have some good reason to be ignoring certain pokemon...

As for the episode itself, looks like an enjoyable slaughterfest.

Inside a blue box that is bigger on the inside
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Yeah, really not thrilled to see Sceptile (even though I love the guy), Torkoal and Pikachu in this battle.
    Sceptile,torkoal and Pikachu have experience against legendary.Is logical Ash choose them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombra29 View Post
    Sceptile,torkoal and Pikachu have experience against legendary.Is logical Ash choose them.
    Sceptile and Pijkachu I can accept, wht the hell is Torkoal doing there?
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.

We Conquered Europe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sombra29 View Post
    They have experience in getting their ass kicked by legendary pokemon. That thrend doesn't look like it's about to be reversed so what's the point?

As much as I like Sceptile, I'm fully satisfied with the amount and the quality of battling it got in AG, and could have gone a few more years without seeing it in battle again. There are so many more of Ash's pokemon who could have used this screentime more... Oh well, anyway, they brought them to lose so there. Doesn't matter anyway.

The sixth mystery pokemon is probably the one who'll put up the greatest fight against Darkrai so...

Blog Entries

I heard that the guy who has voiced all the previous Croconaw in the show is on the VA list. Does anyone know if Croconaw's VA has any other previous roles?

Cause I'm seriously leaning towards a Water type or some sort of suprise evolution for that last slot since they bothered to keep it a secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Ash turned his hat around. Now he means business.YEAAH nostalgia!! this is gonna rock!! now i get it. since Ash defeated paul now he can use his old pokemon again. Sweeet!!! his debating cuffs are off so now he can have a real fight, even if it is against darkrai at least he should get couple hits against it.

Inside a blue box that is bigger on the inside
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    They have experience in getting their ass kicked by legendary pokemon. That thrend doesn't look like it's about to be reversed so what's the point?
    Nevertheless,is still experience.The point is Ash using pokemon he thinks can stand a chance against Darkrai.I could even see Charizard coming back.

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast