DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Review Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

Sceptile, Scott may have an orgasm. Especially with Gliscor returning and beating Drapion *jokes*

As tired as I was of Sceptile, I'm happy to see it because I was surprised, and I like surprises.

I'm proud of Ash for having confidence in his Pokemon. Torkoal is an epic win, and it is a pleasure to see Gible and Heracross. I love Pikachu and I'm glad it is being used. :)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DP 189 " Sinnoh League Semifinals! Darkrai Appears!!" Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    I can see the battle going like: Takuto brings out his darkrai and sweeps Ash's team. Ash's 6th and final pokemon beats it, but is totally floored by a gen V pokemon, or something.

But, I want him to go down with a fight :P

I'm surprised he's using gible for this! I'm glad and all, but isn't it a little...new for a semi-final match?
    I think darkrai and ash's last poke get double KO'd. Thus him defeating darkrai but losing, and we never see any other takuto pokemon
    AT THE END OF THIS DAY. ONE SHALL STAND, ONE SHALL FALL

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlazer View Post
    I think darkrai and ash's last poke get double KO'd. Thus him defeating darkrai but losing, and we never see any other takuto pokemon
    That's a very creative and good idea. I wouldn't mind that happening.

Post Thanks / Like

So with 5 of Ash's team members for this battle known we have quite a few that were in the opening that haven't been used.
    Totodile
    Bayleef
    Corphish
    Muk
    Glalie
    I want Quilava to be in this battle to make up for Nando but I really expected atleast Totodile and Bayleed to be here.

Also Sceptile was a surprise and I bet somewhere Scott is have a seizure from pure excitement

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bangirasu View Post
    I wonder what move is Heracross forgetting to learn Hyper Beam.

I hope Horn Attack. Focus Punch is his STAB Fighting move and it needs to deserve it.
    What even makes you think Heracross is gonna forget a move?

With a mustache.

Post Thanks / Like

we kno 5 of em i think the 6th is gonna be snoarlax but im hoping so much that itll be charizard instead i feel like he wouldve flew in at the end of the episode if it was him though i dunno guess well see soon
    PT: 3094-9271-2948
    HG: 3953-9926-0214

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride View Post
    I think I'm done with the Pokemon anime after the league. Sorry writers, but I've been tricked for the last time.
    Another one bites the dust........
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.
    Wembly, Paris, Rome, Wembly.
    Sampdoria, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester United.
    Johan Cruyff, Frank Rijkaard, Josep Guardiola.

We Conquered Europe

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing Ash's last pokemon will be a water type. Since Totodile isn't it that leaves corphish. But with the appearance of Sceptile, I'm still hoping for a surprise appearance from Kingler

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well the preview has proved that the opening theme had no relation whatsoever so no Entei or Lucario. In trying to guess how the battle might go it’s obvious that Ash will get pwned but lets give it a shot at guessing what may happen in each match up, its just a little baseless speculation on my part.

Darkrai vs. Torkoal- Darkrai wins this one with an instant KO to show how bad ass it is at the start of this slaughter fest battle. Poor Torkoal I know.

Darkrai vs. Gible- Gible is able to send off a draco meteor immediately but it misses. He then gets chased around by ice beam and though he is able to dodge it at first it eventually scores a hit and knocks him out.

Darkrai vs. Sceptile- Sceptile shows its true fighting spirit by taking a few hits from Darkrai and still standing. He maybe even manages to score a hit at some point. Also it may be wishful thinking but it would be cool if Sceptile learned focus blast, that would be very helpful in this battle against Darkrai. But just like Gible lets say ice beam gets him here too.

Darkrai vs. Heracross- First lets cut to brock as he states how much of a type advantage Heracross has here. I do think he will give Darkrai a lot of trouble and substantially weaken him but in the end heracross goes down much to the shock of everyone.

Darkrai vs. Pikachu- It’s no surprise to me that Pikachu is in this battle. I don’t really know what to expect from him here but I sure hope he puts up a good fight before he goes down.

Darkrai vs. Sixth pokemon- I can only guess that they’ll save this one for the last spot. I would think they kept the sixth pokemon a secret from us in the preview to hold us in anticipation as to who it is. I'll put my money on it being a water type because that offers the best odds. Anyway, I believe it will take down Darkrai in the end but either fall down simultaneously or get demolished by whoever is next in line on Takuto’s roster.

Also it should be noted that only two pokemon have held the honor of being Ash’s last pokemon standing in a league, those two being Charizard(x2) and Pikachu so it wouldn’t be too farfetched to say that the honor will be bestowed on someone special whoever it may be or if it is in fact going to be Sceptile or even Pikachu again.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or is Ash asking to be beaten? I mean seriously, If he adds in Kingler then I'm not even gonna bother wataching it cause honestly, Torkoal being in it just takes the piss.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.

We Conquered Europe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo10 View Post
    Is it just me or is Ash asking to be beaten? I mean seriously, If he adds in Kingler then I'm not even gonna bother wataching it cause honestly, Torkoal being in it just takes the piss.
    You're totally right. Ash isn't using the Pokemon I want him to so he should lose!!!!!

Seriously the writers need Ash to lose and Torkoal hasn't been used yet. With Torkoal being Ash's last remaining fire type it as pretty obvious it was going to be here(no matter how much I wanted Quilava). Since Ash always uses a water type in a 6v6 I'm guessing the last pokemon is either Corphish or Kingler(Corphish being far more likely)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt3225 View Post
    You're totally right. Ash isn't using the Pokemon I want him to so he should lose!!!!!

Seriously the writers need Ash to lose and Torkoal hasn't been used yet. With Torkoal being Ash's last remaining fire type it as pretty obvious it was going to be here(no matter how much I wanted Quilava). Since Ash always uses a water type in a 6v6 I'm guessing the last pokemon is either Corphish or Kingler(Corphish being far more likely)
    If your gonna make Ash lose, make him lose with a strong team because atleast you can say Takuto was too strong for him, whilst losing with a severly weakened team is just like sticking your middle finger up and saying you don't give two shits.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.

We Conquered Europe

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo10 View Post
    If your gonna make Ash lose, make him lose with a strong team because atleast you can say Takuto was too strong for him, whilst losing with a severly weakened team is just like sticking your middle finger up and saying you don't give two shits.
    What is your "strong" team? Johto starters?
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    What is your "strong" team? Johto starters?
    Phff, no, I'm not a Johto fanboy. When I say strongest pokemon I mean a team made up of pokemon like:1

Pikachu
    Tottera/Sceptile
    Charizard/Infernape(though Infernape would be worn out)
    Staraptor(or any other pokemon)
    Buizel(or anyone water pokemon bar Corpish/Kingler)
    Wild Card(such as Heracross)

Not a team like this but something similar which actually stands a chance.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.

We Conquered Europe

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Am I the only one happy here? Sceptile is awesome. The sixth pokemon doesn't really bother me and it doesn't matter what it is, unless it's a new evolution or an old pokemon or something.

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast